IGNORED

Jamie Mcalister

CARLE08

after the match maynard talked about how we dont hoofball anymore and as soon as he said hoofball one player came to mind jamie mcalister i dont think hes capable of playing in a passing style of a football team and surely wont get back in the team even when hes fit and must be transfer listed

How many times, he, like the rest of the back 4 only hoof it cos of no movement in front of them. Now we seem to have a passing phylosophy he cant fail to pass it into midfield as evryone now wants the ball. I wouldnt mind a 100% committed player back in the team. He gives his all n doesnt ever shirk a challenge. Saying that, i think Mcgivern will keep him out of the team anyway. Do you sit/stand behind the goal at home games??

He was capable.... In his first couple of seasons he was terrific. So maybe del can get him to stop lumping.

Only thing is, he's now a poor defender.... Can't see del giving him new legs!!

Spot on...used to be a good LB...but cannot defend anymore, gets done to many times.

I though McGivern did well going forward yday looked like he had some legs which JM didnt...

McAllister is now well into his 34th year and is not suddenly going to change , get faster and develop passing finesse.

I thought he was solid for us in league 1, but as each season has passed , his affectiveness has lessened. Each injury makes it harder to come back, no different to Murray and Carey. His best days are behind him, however he will make a good squad player in what should be his final season with us.

after the match maynard talked about how we dont hoofball anymore and as soon as he said hoofball one player came to mind jamie mcalister i dont think hes capable of playing in a passing style of a football team and surely wont get back in the team even when hes fit and must be transfer listed

Maybe MCallister had been playing to Johnson and Millens instructions?

We will find out when Jamie "scapegoat" returns from injury.

McAllister is now well into his 34th year and is not suddenly going to change , get faster and develop passing finesse.

I thought he was solid for us in league 1, but as each season has passed , his affectiveness has lessened. Each injury makes it harder to come back, no different to Murray and Carey. His best days are behind him, however he will make a good squad player in what should be his final season with us.

Thing is, he does have a decent left foot and his passing his quite good when he engages his brain. But, your right, he will still be slow and a poor defender IMO

he's no scapegoat - he's had lots of terrible games for us and never used to get much flak.... i used to think he was immune from critizism!

Squad player, no harm with him when fit being around the squad and he has always give 100%, took me sisters little one down one game last season and was sitting lower Dolman not my usual seat in the ground and certain fans had it in for him if he passed well if he passed bad, but fair shout he concentrated on his game, when certain fans don't like players they will always have it in for them even if there form changes.

So.....according to you McAllister was under instructions to welly the ball aimlessly up the pitch, thereby ( 90% of the time) giving the ball back to the opposition? dunno.gif

I can't accept that not even Johnson would have told him to do that.

So.....according to you McAllister was under instructions to welly the ball aimlessly up the pitch, thereby ( 90% of the time) giving the ball back to the opposition? dunno.gif

I can't accept that not even Johnson would have told him to do that.

I said...............maybe?????

But having listened to Maynards comments after yesterdays game, it makes you wonder, does it not?

Can't remember exact wording, but something along the lines of: since McInnes has arrived the team no longer play "hoofball".

We shall find out, when..........................and if he can get back in the side.

I said...............maybe?????

But having listened to Maynards comments after yesterdays game, it makes you wonder, does it not?

Can't remember exact wording, but something along the lines of: since McInnes has arrived the team no longer play "hoofball".

We shall find out, when..........................and if he can get back in the side.

I can't him getting back in unless McGivern get injured/suspended. People hardly mention how many good headers McGivern gets in. That's a big bonus when your full back can act as a central defender and something McAllister doesn't do.

Archived