IGNORED

Best Available Odds For City To Get Promoted?

Ecko

<br /><br /><br />

Sorry I meant when Keane took over they were bottom!

Yes, in AUGUST!

Better examples would be Hull and Palace who were certainly bottom half for most of the seasons they got to playoffs and also the blue scum from down the road who won their last 7 games or sumamt stupid to make the League 2 playoffs when they went up.

For us to make the playoffs after taking 6 points from our first 13 games would be a ridiculous achievement and for that reason I can't see it happening

I suppose another way of looking at it is....

If we were 11 points off the play offs and in 10th place (hypothetically) with 10 games to go people would have hope, all be it probably quite slim, of still making the play offs right?

Well we are currently 11 points off the play offs with 29 games to go - so surely if you look at it like that then it doesnt sound so bad?

However, there are 15 teams between us and the play offs (19 teams including the ones currently in 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th) who will all be picking up points too and only 4 places available.

The chance of us making the play offs is slim. VERY slim.

Right now as a City fan I am just happy that we seem to have turned things around and are improving and picking up points, but lets just take it one game at a time. If then in January we are in a much better position for a push at the play offs then maybe we can get excited then. But right now Im just concentrating on survival!

But if you want to have a little flutter and have a few quid spare, then why the hell not! However my money is staying in my wallet! (I hope I dont regret saying that come May!)

I suppose another way of looking at it is....

If we were 11 points off the play offs and in 10th place (hypothetically) with 10 games to go people would have hope, all be it probably quite slim, of still making the play offs right?

Well we are currently 11 points off the play offs with 29 games to go - so surely if you look at it like that then it doesnt sound so bad?

However, there are 15 teams between us and the play offs (19 teams including the ones currently in 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th) who will all be picking up points too and only 4 places available.

The chance of us making the play offs is slim. VERY slim.

Right now as a City fan I am just happy that we seem to have turned things around and are improving and picking up points, but lets just take it one game at a time. If then in January we are in a much better position for a push at the play offs then maybe we can get excited then. But right now Im just concentrating on survival!

But if you want to have a little flutter and have a few quid spare, then why the hell not! However my money is staying in my wallet! (I hope I dont regret saying that come May!)

I somehow doubt regret will be an emotion you feel should that happen!!!

I somehow doubt regret will be an emotion you feel should that happen!!!

Well if I was to put £10 on at 150/1.... or rather think about doing it but not and then we go and get promoted... of course I will be delighted that we get promoted, but hell yeah I would regret not putting the money on!!

ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!

For the sake of £10 sod it, Im gonna have a flutter. I would rather lose out on £10 than the £1,500 I could win if did end up getting promoted !!!!

• Admin

Well if I was to put £10 on at 150/1.... or rather think about doing it but not and then we go and get promoted... of course I will be delighted that we get promoted, but hell yeah I would regret not putting the money on!!

ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!

For the sake of £10 sod it, Im gonna have a flutter. I would rather lose out on £10 than the £1,500 I could win if did end up getting promoted !!!!

That's the spirit!

£1500 pays for your season ticket and a handful of away games in the Premier League ;)

Am I right in thinking Blackpool was in the bottom 3 at Christmas when they went up ?

Could be right as they did comen from a long way back. Also, I'm pretty sure that the season we got to the Mill Stad play off final, Palace got promotion after Dowie took over as Manager around the turn of the year when they were in the relegation zone.

• Admin

Just answerd my own question , No

Anyone know who the lowest place team in the championship at Christmas has gone on to be in the playoffs that same season ?

Crystal Palace were 19th on Christmas Day back in 2003, 10 points behind 6th place and finished 6th on 73 points.

After 17 games they had 17 points (1 more than we currently have).

ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!

Exactly the logic i used. Except when i thought it, i thought about £50.

What's losing £50 to me? Not a big deal.

What's not winning £12,500 to me when i've thought about it? Massive.

I got 250/1 by the way!

There is always a 'chance' certainly a lot easier then winning the lottery. With 3 points for a win and the play off's to sixth place. However we are still short favourites for relegation...but add the McInnes, Doc, Albert and Maynard factor any bet on us to go up would be a good punt I reckon.

Gonna stick £20 on.

Money where mouth is and all that.

Get your wad out, tight sod....

Thought you of all people would have 'got' that

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee....

his hands cant hit, what his eyes cant see!

Archived