IGNORED

Huddersfields Record

cheese

I see Maynard is in the Evil today saying he wants to emulate Huddersfield's unbeaten record. Apart from the fact that he has been infected by Mad Optimism Disease first identified on ths very forum, does he not realise that he'd need to sign a new contract to be part of that?

Positive interview, i hope he get's to 12/13 goals by January, we hopefully then mid table and a bid comes in for him again, Take the money this time or do we keep him big decision time for the board then.

If we can be in a reasonable position by Christmas I suspect the decision will be left to DM. Yes it may well be the clubs last chance to get some money but if DM thinks we can get anywhere near the top six he will be given the option to keep Maynard and take a chance...The question will be is Pitman/Stead the player to replace him in a Play Off push if something between 3&5M comes in ....?

If we can be in a reasonable position by Christmas I suspect the decision will be left to DM. Yes it may well be the clubs last chance to get some money but if DM thinks we can get anywhere near the top six he will be given the option to keep Maynard and take a chance...The question will be is Pitman/Stead the player to replace him in a Play Off push if something between 3&5M comes in ....?

Yep agree there like i said a massive decision for the board fingers crossed we are in a postion to make him sign. Either way strugling or a slim chance of going up i would keep him because going down will cost us more than £3-6m in revenue, ambition. Etc.

Yep agree there like i said a massive decision for the board fingers crossed we are in a postion to make him sign. Either way strugling or a slim chance of going up i would keep him because going down will cost us more than £3-6m in revenue, ambition. Etc.

I'd would also keep him either way.

We'll either be down near the bottom still, which means his goals would be worth more than the price we would get by selling him in January...

,,,or we would have maintained our good form and the price we would receive versus the potential rewards on our upward trajectory would be worthwhile.

I'd would also keep him either way.

We'll either be down near the bottom still, which means his goals would be worth more than the price we would get by selling him in January...

,,,or we would have maintained our good form and the price we would receive versus the potential rewards on our upward trajectory would be worthwhile.

All positive at the moment and long may it continue, it feels good to be a City fan again.

He won't be moving in January unless a Prem club comes in with a big offer (both for him and the club).

Please let's not go over old ground, he was not interested in Leicester and taking the money then was never an option because of that.

People will always talk about an assest to a business, which football is, the Maynard debate will go on until he stays or goes.

People will always talk about an assest to a business, which football is, the Maynard debate will go on until he stays or goes.

You've misread I think, I was not saying it shouldn't be discussed, just that perpetuating the myth we could have "taken the money" in the summer is wrong - we never had that opportunity because the player didn't want the move.

You've misread I think, I was not saying it shouldn't be discussed, just that perpetuating the myth we could have "taken the money" in the summer is wrong - we never had that opportunity because the player didn't want the move.

Think we should have at least accepted the bid and put the ball in maynards court....

Talking of Huddersfield; while i applaud their undoubtedly fabulous run of results it is not and should not be a record. Of course, some record keeper has bent the rules or the media have decided to overlook it for a good story because if the play off final is not a league fixture or a league or fa cup match then what is it? disapointed2se.gif Another example of dumbing down, shameful.

Talking of Huddersfield; while i applaud their undoubtedly fabulous run of results it is not and should not be a record. Of course, some record keeper has bent the rules or the media have decided to overlook it for a good story because if the play off final is not a league fixture or a league or fa cup match then what is it? disapointed2se.gif Another example of dumbing down, shameful.

Play of games are not claased as within the season, end of season play offs it's called so they have not lost a game in the game calender.

It's not a league match. It's an end of season competition to decide the remaining promotion spot.

Yes siree sir i know the match we are talking about and the significance. As far as i am concerned it is nonsense to exclude it. An unbeaten run is an unbeaten run, end of. This is not.

Riaz; yes i have noted the run is magnificent absolutely right on that and its not their fault the record stands when clearly it should not. Ask a Florist fan what he thinks. Ask Cloughie beyond the grave; he'd be saying the same as me. Nonsense. In fact some on TV have already questioned it. cannot believe anybody is defending it to be frank.

Archived