IGNORED

Huddersfields Record

cheese

If they keep up that sort of form, they WILL acheive things though.

Perhaps, but this is his 3rd or 4th? season there and they've spent an absolute fortune... you look at the quality of player at Huddersfield and they should be in the Championship comfortably.

I wouldn't be surprised if they bottle it again.

Going back to the OP.

Maynard is a sublime footballer and I sincerely hope we don't lose him. Looks like he has been fired up under Mcinnes and long may that continue.

His performance v Millwall was superb and how good was it to see no more hopeful high balls up to him (which he rarely wins). Good build up play from midfield wih the sort of ball Kilkenny fed to him for our first goal on Sunday is what he needs week in, week out.

But, having seen several interviews with him, let's face it, he is not the sharpest knife in the kitchen drawer.

So Nicky, we love you, but to suggest we might do what Huddersfield have done in a long unbeaten run is a bit silly after a short run of just four games unbeaten (welcome though that is).

Here's the deal - How about you play the football, score loads of goals for us and leave those sort of comments to the manager ?

Going back to the OP.

Maynard is a sublime footballer and I sincerely hope we don't lose him. Looks like he has been fired up under Mcinnes and long may that continue.

His performance v Millwall was superb and how good was it to see no more hopeful high balls up to him (which he rarely wins). Good build up play from midfield wih the sort of ball Kilkenny fed to him for our first goal on Sunday is what he needs week in, week out.

But, having seen several interviews with him, let's face it, he is not the sharpest knife in the kitchen drawer.

So Nicky, we love you, but to suggest we might do what Huddersfield have done in a long unbeaten run is a bit silly after a short run of just four games unbeaten (welcome though that is).

Here's the deal - How about you play the football, score loads of goals for us and leave those sort of comments to the manager ?

I think it's indicative of the confidence that McInnes and of course winning football games has given the players. On paper there is not a side in this division we can't beat and whilst it is wholly unlikely that such a feat could be achieved by anyone (let alone us) it is wonderful to hear some positivity (genuine stuff as well) from a playing squad that has for too long accepted mediocrity.

I see nothing damaging in having a wee bit of confidence and telling the world that we fear nobody and fancy our chances now in every game. Bring on the Saints.

I think it's indicative of the confidence that McInnes and of course winning football games has given the players. On paper there is not a side in this division we can't beat and whilst it is wholly unlikely that such a feat could be achieved by anyone (let alone us) it is wonderful to hear some positivity (genuine stuff as well) from a playing squad that has for too long accepted mediocrity.

I see nothing damaging in having a wee bit of confidence and telling the world that we fear nobody and fancy our chances now in every game. Bring on the Saints.

Agree JT, despite what I said about the fact that his comments should have been left to the manager (who by the way is far too shrewd to have said that) what he said is indicative of increased confidence in the squad.

And, as we know, confidence is critical to results

Which we hope happens on Saturday.

For me, a result would be a draw v high flying Soton.

Agree JT, despite what I said about the fact that his comments should have been left to the manager (who by the way is far too shrewd to have said that) what he said is indicative of increased confidence in the squad.

And, as we know, confidence is critical to results

Which we hope happens on Saturday.

For me, a result would be a draw v high flying Soton.

I too would be delighted with a point but to hear the players talking so positively makes me feel like we could turn on the magic this weekend. I have work and am about to go into "Puppy dog eyes" mode to get Saturday off as I am anticipating a brilliant match.

I don't see what Maynard has said as not being "shrewd" in reality it was probably an off hand comment that the Evil Post has created a story from when the real message was that of confidence and thinking we can beat anyone. Sensationalistic drivel as ever from our local rag... I often think that the term rag is too kind for that papers sports coverage. But hey ho, I digress.

I too would be delighted with a point but to hear the players talking so positively makes me feel like we could turn on the magic this weekend. I have work and am about to go into "Puppy dog eyes" mode to get Saturday off as I am anticipating a brilliant match.

I don't see what Maynard has said as not being "shrewd" in reality it was probably an off hand comment that the Evil Post has created a story from when the real message was that of confidence and thinking we can beat anyone. Sensationalistic drivel as ever from our local rag... I often think that the term rag is too kind for that papers sports coverage. But hey ho, I digress.

Evil post Jordan you seem educated to me with your big words and i will say a good knowledge of football, but i don't understand the Evil Post thing, they have backed the new stadium from day one. Or were you conceived under Weston Pier, i find your comments/lettures of a journalist with no talent and no chace of being one.

It's not a league match. It's an end of season competition to decide the remaining promotion spot.

Of course it's a league match, at the beginning of every season every team knows the rules of the league competition, you play 46 games with the aim being to get in to the top 6 to give you an opportunity to play in a higher division,

Record does not stand for me

Evil post Jordan you seem educated to me with your big words and i will say a good knowledge of football, but i don't understand the Evil Post thing, they have backed the new stadium from day one. Or were you conceived under Weston Pier, i find your comments/lettures of a journalist with no talent and no chace of being one.

Redcliffe in born under a rock shocker. For someone who thinks they know so much to ask why the Evil is disliked by BCFC fans is pretty awful... Or are you Mr Stockhausen? I mean, your grasp of the English language, football and Bristol City in particular are all very similar to his..

Archived