IGNORED

Pearson

NOTR

Just watched the highlights again,Pearson involved in three incidents,one where he just failed to get on the end of Alberts cross with his well timed run,then a delightful first time pass that put Albert away,and then having a shot cleared off the line when his shirt was being pulled which I hadn't noticed until now.

It's the speed and timing of his runs into the box that impresses me. Can see him getting a lot of goals. Added to this, he seems adaptable, works hard off the ball.

£100k or so should get him on a permanent basis.

Absolutely. It's been a long time since we say someone pushing past the strikers from a little deeper, My first comparison was to David Noble at his best.

Pearson moves off the ball (Under Millen I frequently commented on just how static our side were) into those little pockets of space and because of those runs there is also more space for the likes of Nicky, Kilkenny and Adomah to operate more freely. from the two games I have seen of him (In two very different positions lest we forget) I would say he is a very very intelligent footballer who offers the vital aspect to our new "gameplan"... Movement.

I don't really get what Robbo is struggling with, He even accuse Pearson of lacking pace, which is a somewhat crazy suggestion... Perhaps this is another example of him decided he dislikes someone early doors and putting those age old blinkers on....

I prefer him centrally but he offers a lot of balance on the left when playing there also.

Archived