IGNORED

Missed Goals ...

InCider

The Mansfield thread got me thinking about how gutted people must have been if they had left that game early and missed one of our most memorable wins. It reminded me of an experience of my own, where I turned up at the Gate 5-10 minutes late and City were already 2-0 up. I can't remember who we were playing, but Mickey Bell had scored both (if my memory serves me correctly). It might have been in our promotion season under Ward. I thought the steward was joking when I went in, but was glad anyway, as we were winning. I'd like to say I was stuck in traffic or something, but was more than likely 'stuck in a pub'. :innocent06:

Anyway, I was just wondering what goals other people have missed in similar circumstances by either turning up late or leaving early?

I worked as a programme seller during the promotion season and missed early goals against Chesterfield, and was literally coming in the turnstiles as Cameron scored for Coventry against us a few months later. By the time we'd got into our seats it was already 1 all, an amazing game that one.

I remember missing a Darren Barnard wonder goal a few years ago, can't remember which game it was but I was very young, I think I went to the toilet or to get some chocolate or something and I came back to my brother telling me about how good it was.

Also missed our first goal v Boro in the FA cup and only just caught Murrays goal dropping into the net, can't remember why.

Thought I'd missed a goal scored by pompey in the fa cup at their place a couple of years ago. I was standing outside for most of the match after being "asked to leave". Finally got back in to watch the last five minutes, but was convinced we were 1-0 down. When the whistle went everyone was clapping our boys off the pitch, and was left wondering why? as it turns out it was 0-0 and the cheer that had gone up, earlier in the game, was for a free kick!! So i never actually missed anything (apart from a large part of the game!!)

Missed us go a goal behind against Bournemouth a few years ago.

Missed Luke Wilksheres goal against Tranmere. Coming back from the gents, walking back along the row facing away from the pitch when someone shouts "he's shot" and i got sort of bundled down as it went in.

Missed us go a goal behind against Bournemouth a few years ago.

Missed Luke Wilksheres goal against Tranmere. Coming back from the gents, walking back along the row facing away from the pitch when someone shouts "he's shot" and i got sort of bundled down as it went in.

...of all the goals to have missed..! :doh:

I have missed many early goals from getting late from the pub, but the only goals i can ever remember missing at the end of a game were Tony Thorpe away at Blackpool when we lost 5-1 and going to the pub was the more appealing option when already 4-0 down at half time! Also, our consolation goal away at West Brom, lost 4-1 i think on boxing day.

VERY glad to say I was one that did not leave early up at Mansfield and watched the whole thing in complete amazement!

Archived