IGNORED

Albert Adomah

Super

• Admin

He scored 5 goals at Reading , not bad for a winger who stepped up a level.

I reckon Albert has the potential to reach the top though.

I didn't say he did badly but if he was ripping the division apart (as Adomah in recent matches has been) then I don't believe Reading would have allowed him to return here (at a rumoured £600k loss).

I didn't say he did badly but if he was ripping the division apart (as Adomah in recent matches has been) then I don't believe Reading would have allowed him to return here (at a rumoured £600k loss).

we sold him for 600k, we took him back and reading didn't pay the rest of the installments, in effect they paid us about 100k for 5-6 month loan deal

I agree , I dont think he ever wanted to leave , but professional pride got the better of him and he needed to chance his arm at a higher level.

As you say , Albert is already doing it in the 2nd tier and has all the credentials to reach the top , and I will be amazed if the premier league teams are not after him in the summer.

Absolutely outstanding...again! The man is simply a joy to watch. He's everything that a footballer should be, a performer who always looks to beat his man. He has improved this season, his final ball is better and he uses people around him in a more efficient way this season. The way he glides past players is different class. I honestly believe that he's the best winger in the league and that he could easily get into a lot of PL first teams. He's better than Obertan who starts for a team riding in the top 4 of the PL!

Now he's started adding goals on a regular basis I'd imagine PL teams will start taking more notice (as that appears to be how poor scouting really is in this country!) I hope we can keep him as long as possible, he really is a devastating player.

I agree , I dont think he ever wanted to leave , but professional pride got the better of him and he needed to chance his arm at a higher level.

As you say , Albert is already doing it in the 2nd tier and has all the credentials to reach the top , and I will be amazed if the premier league teams are not after him in the summer.

Nope, he came out publicly and said he went for the money, he couldn't afford to turn down what they were offereing.

I think that is why he is held in such high esteem, he didn't BS the fans and told it how it was. Most people appreciated this.

Nope, he came out publicly and said he went for the money, he couldn't afford to turn down what they were offereing.

I think that is why he is held in such high esteem, he didn't BS the fans and told it how it was. Most people appreciated this.

Of course he went for the money ,anyone would do the same. But I think his heart never left City. Chasing the money is part and parcel of a short career , but he felt at home with us. I still believe he wanted to test himself at a higher level , but as they say , home is where the heart is.

Of course he went for the money ,anyone would do the same. But I think his heart never left City. Chasing the money is part and parcel of a short career , but he felt at home with us. I still believe he wanted to test himself at a higher level , but as they say , home is where the heart is.

True, seems to be the same thinking of many Scottish footballers who play for city, end up calling city home.

He will always be a city boy, but money speaks sometimes. Glad he came back, one of a few people I would class as a legend, and a really great bloke to chat to.

I wish other footballers had his honesty

Seeing as I 'fixed' the site in the week you can read the SM interview the incider did with him back when he rejoined and pretty much your comments are spot on: http://www.theincider.com/backissues/16/features/murray.php

Albert is a great player of this there is no doubt!

As they say form is temporary but class is permanent and since DM got here (and to be fair for some games before) Albert has really hit a rich vein of form.

I can remember posts in the dark days of September and October saying Albert had been found out by the divisions Full-Backs however on this form knowing what he is going to try and do to you and stopping him are completely different questions

We have been lucky with wingers and wing-backs over the years Barnard Bell Tainton Whitehead Scott Murray even Brian Drysdale et al/etc (sorry little plug for Brian as I sat next to him at Gerry's do) but Albert really does deserve to be in that bracket. I was behind the goal at Millwall and at one point I felt just a smidge sorry for the left side of the Millwall team as he made them look less than mediocre on LIVE TV.

Good luck to the boy in the African Nations Championship! He has earned his call up and Boliase is going to be busting a gut to show that he is as good if not better for six weeks....

A happy time to be a City fan right now and the irony is we are still in the relegation spots...!

What must Watfords LB be thinking right now and come to that Middlesborough's and thats Live again.....Happy Days!

Just goes to show that it can take time to settle in properly and start playing your best. Often that won't be until a player's second season. Not that anyone had written Albert off in his first season, but it's just worth remembering whenever we castigate players who are only 15 games in to their career with us!

I find myself almost feeling sorry for the opposition left back at times, it gets embarassing. He just waltzes past people like they're not even there time and time again, most professional players would make dribbling round cones look more difficult than Albert makes going past Championship full backs.

Albert Adomah, he's just too good for you.

• Admin

I find myself almost feeling sorry for the opposition left back at times, it gets embarassing. He just waltzes past people like they're not even there time and time again, most professional players would make dribbling round cones look more difficult than Albert makes going past Championship full backs.

Albert Adomah, he's just too good for you.

I think on occasion on Saturday some of Fox's teammates shared your compassion & tried to help him out but this didn't faze our wing wizard who just went past them too :D

I was in the Premier Suite yesterday, Albert, as MOM, had to come up and do some presentations, he was still in his kit, he stayed and signed every autograph and have his photo taken with anyone that wanted it, no fuss, very humble, some Saints fans were prentending to get him to sign a contract. Brilliant.

I just hope teams don't start kicking lumps out of him of which I can see happening Tuesday.

Havnt seen much of watford with dyche in charge but he wasn't exactly cultured was he.

You have to catch him to kick him, and he's in a dangerous area too quickly to give away fouls.

Archived