IGNORED

Mom Today

bcfcbs20

It wasn't just Elliott's athleticism that impressed me today, I genuinely can't remember a face palm moment that you get every game from a misplaced 5 yard pace.

In fact, quite the opposite, he was composed in possession, pirouetting and shrugging off challenges and showed glimpses of "skill" - shocking!

His best game of the season by a country mile - just a shame he couldn't do more with his goal opportunity in the first half when he toe-poked it straight at Davis.

To be honest I thought that was for me the best performance I have seen Marv give since he's been here.

Del seems to have got him back to what he does best, which is rampage around the midfield, win the ball and then play it simple. Thought he was absolutely fantastic today.

Just wanted to add my agreement, Marvin was superb, he used the ball better than usual and won loads of tackles, which seemed to get right up a few Saints' players' noses but his run towards the end when he managed to shrug off two players and play Albert in was immense.

Definitely his best game since the first season up.

To be honest I thought that was for me the best performance I have seen Marv give since he's been here.

Del seems to have got him back to what he does best, which is rampage around the midfield, win the ball and then play it simple. Thought he was absolutely fantastic today.

+1

To be fair though, there were so many potential MOM's today. Albert, Killa, & Scuuuuuuuuse.

Then those just a shade behind, Fonts, Pearson, Cisse.

Then those who merely had a terrific game, Maynard, Nyatanga, McGivern & James.

But for me Marv shaded it.

What I don't get is just how good the same sorry looking bunch from a few weeks ago now look. On a par with the top team today and playing with such skill, confindence and working so so hard for each other.

What McInnes has achieved in such a short time is more than remarkable, and if we can keep playing like this, although we are bound to falter a little at some point, we will surely secure our safety sooner rather than later.

Archived