IGNORED

£50 At 250/1

Fordy62

Ok. So I still think the likelihood is that we won't be promoted.

But I dare to dream.

My bet is looking a reasonable one now, isn't it?

I'm not sure what I'd enjoy more; Premier League football or £12,500.

COYR!!!

Fair play to you my friend.

Give the bookies enough money myself to love anyone taking them to the cleaners.

No, it won't happen, but regarding the highlighted sentence - you wouldn't have to choose! How good is that?

:dancing6:

not a bad bit of value that, only 66/1 now. Mind you don't know many bookmakers who would actually lay £50 on a 250/1 shot.

I hear this term all the time laying off bets? How does it work and how do you make money by doing it? I'm presuming a bookie will just place a £50 bet with another bookie just in case? Whats the point?

I put £100 on at 150/1, Fordy, following your original thread. To be honest, eight points from the play offs and with our new found form and confidence there is no reason why we couldn't make it and truck on through to promotion!

I owe you a drink if it comes off for inspiring me to whack the bet on!!

• Admin

I put £100 on at 150/1, Fordy, following your original thread. To be honest, eight points from the play offs and with our new found form and confidence there is no reason why we couldn't make it and truck on through to promotion!

I owe you a drink if it comes off for inspiring me to whack the bet on!!

I got 200s :)

Still be happy to take survival TBH.

The turn around has been tremendous but I cant help feeling that points will be harder to come by for a month or 2 when (and he will go If he carries on playing like he is) Adomah heads of for the African Nations.

How many of our goals has he scored or played a part in since the revival started?

The turn around has been tremendous but I cant help feeling that points will be harder to come by for a month or 2 when (and he will go If he carries on playing like he is) Adomah heads of for the African Nations.

How many of our goals has he scored or played a part in since the revival started?

Exactly, we've had some excellent results but we are still too reliant on Albert, if he goes to the ACN or even worse someone comes in for him in January, then survival won't be so easy to achieve.

He was dropped from the last squad.. he might not actually go.

I hear this term all the time laying off bets? How does it work and how do you make money by doing it? I'm presuming a bookie will just place a £50 bet with another bookie just in case? Whats the point?

He'll get slightly better odds than a punter - so he lays it off at 4 or 5 different bookies to cover the loss and keeps the difference. All small bookies do it - to avoid a financial disaster. The bigger bookies wont do it though, they're quite happy to take the risk. The money you make will come from punters who bet on the club that City would replace. - say Cardiff or Leeds- clubs like that with over-confident fans betting half their life savings at 15 to 1. Really in the long term the bookies cant and dont lose.

Archived