IGNORED

Is Nicky Maynard Beginning To Try Again ?

Chris Honor

What an amazing turnabout the last few weeks at Ashton Gate has given us ! I was disappointed at Keith Millen leaving and equally surprised at Derek McInnes appointment due to his championship experience and knowledge of players in English football. But this guys has transformed the players, and supporters at the club. I spoke to former colleagues in Scottish football including Owen Coyle and all said he was a typical Scot, hard working and very genuine. It was painful to watch 90 minutes of football towards the end of Keith reign but now I hear supporters talking of the play-offs. With the increase in effort from all departments we even have Nicky Maynard playing his part. His effort following the transfer deadline has been shameful, and resembled a player playing down his contract but now we see a player revitalized and relishing a new challenge. As a current support but former player, I know how atmospheres can be improved by a change of manager but this transformation is startling. Neil Kilkenny is bossing people around in midfield and inspiring higher standards from those around him. Brilliant - cant wait for the next home game and hope 14000 regulars go away and tell there friends and the floating fans what they missed on Saturday and we have an exciting 6 months to the end of the season as long as we keep Adomah

What an amazing turnabout the last few weeks at Ashton Gate has given us ! I was disappointed at Keith Millen leaving and equally surprised at Derek McInnes appointment due to his championship experience and knowledge of players in English football. But this guys has transformed the players, and supporters at the club. I spoke to former colleagues in Scottish football including Owen Coyle and all said he was a typical Scot, hard working and very genuine. It was painful to watch 90 minutes of football towards the end of Keith reign but now I hear supporters talking of the play-offs. With the increase in effort from all departments we even have Nicky Maynard playing his part. His effort following the transfer deadline has been shameful, and resembled a player playing down his contract but now we see a player revitalized and relishing a new challenge. As a current support but former player, I know how atmospheres can be improved by a change of manager but this transformation is startling. Neil Kilkenny is bossing people around in midfield and inspiring higher standards from those around him. Brilliant - cant wait for the next home game and hope 14000 regulars go away and tell there friends and the floating fans what they missed on Saturday and we have an exciting 6 months to the end of the season as long as we keep Adomah

Nicky has always worked his nads off - it's just that now we're playing the ball to him properly rather than lumping it.

You are the Real Chris Honor?

I remember you, didn't play many first team games for city but had a good career up north for Airdrie. I doubt many of the younger members will remember you, so maybe a introduction from you for our younger fans :)

Welcome on board

You are the Real Chris Honor?

I remember you, didn't play many first team games for city but had a good career up north for Airdrie. I doubt many of the younger members will remember you, so maybe a introduction from you for our younger fans :)

Welcome on board

Hi, Yes, not enough first team games and went as far away from Joe Jordan as possible before I cracked or cracked him !!!!

It broke my heart to leave so Joe followed me, only Joking Joe if you are reading this !

Went north and followed him actually and had some great times before the wheels fell off.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Nicky Maynard is worth £5 million ?

• Admin

Hi, Yes, not enough first team games and went as far away from Joe Jordan as possible before I cracked or cracked him !!!!

It broke my heart to leave so Joe followed me, only Joking Joe if you are reading this !

Went north and followed him actually and had some great times before the wheels fell off.

No, there is clearly a lot of Premier League managers who share your opinion given the lack of bids for him in the Summer. Still a key player for us though, especially the way he is linking up with Albert in recent matches. Long may it continue.

Nice to see you Chris. Marvin Harriott here, you may remember me from such performances as....er....well, never mind. I'll just hand you over to City's 4th least memorable right-back, Christian Honor.

Obviously if you are the real deal, then I apologise online, but reserve the right to tell you what we all already knew. You were s**t for City, and probably for Airdrie too. :clapping: Legend.

Whether he's worth £5m or not we aint gonna get anywhere near that!!!!

Welcome if you are THE Chris Honor - thought you were a reasonable player and a bit hard done by..... Struggling to remember but think you scored a cracking final goal in a 4 or 5 goal destruction of Swansea at The Vetch (came off the bench?).

he always tried it was the formation and the long ball football under millen that didn't suit him,

now we play it on the deck again he is finally getting a chance

Exactly right.

Its nothing to with Maynard 'not trying'. He just found it a thankless task to play the lone striker with no support. Now with the different style McInnes has adopted he's finding the net again.

Exactly right.

Its nothing to with Maynard 'not trying'. He just found it a thankless task to play the lone striker with no support. Now with the different style McInnes has adopted he's finding the net again.

its almost the same kind off formation but cisse and elliot are sitting deeper which frees up kilkenny in the middle with a roaming roll which in turn also create space for admoah and pearson on the wings,

its almost the same kind off formation but cisse and elliot are sitting deeper which frees up kilkenny in the middle with a roaming roll which in turn also create space for admoah and pearson on the wings,

Thanks for that Monkeh. Where would we all be without your insightful explanations...............

Chris, we usually agree on most things regarding City, but i have to disagree with your comments regarding Maynards efforts under Millen. Millen played him as a lone striker who saw very little of the ball and was isolated for large spells.Mcinnes has got him playing in the same position, but has a system whereby players support Maynard quickly and often. Dont think it was down to lack of effort before, rather frustration.

Anyway what do you know about football, as someone said in another post, you were shit anyway! And you only go down because you get free tickets you tight ******!

Hope Kirsty and the kids are ok. PS Do you still owe me money for the last tiling job!!

Chris, we usually agree on most things regarding City, but i have to disagree with your comments regarding Maynards efforts under Millen. Millen played him as a lone striker who saw very little of the ball and was isolated for large spells.Mcinnes has got him playing in the same position, but has a system whereby players support Maynard quickly and often. Dont think it was down to lack of effort before, rather frustration.

Anyway what do you know about football, as someone said in another post, you were shit anyway! And you only go down because you get free tickets you tight ******!

Hope Kirsty and the kids are ok. PS Do you still owe me money for the last tiling job!!

Prehaps you and I know the truth Dean,but keep it to yourself.

Haven't you got a life, what are you doing on this forum ?

I love it, full of opinions and not all that many I agree with.

You just watch Maynard, gave the ball away with his first five touches on Saturday and then got a fantastic deflection and the fans think he's Bob Taylor !

Younger fans wont remember him.

As for the bloke who gave me stick, that was Nicky Maynard getting his own back as Marvin Harriot could write !!!!!

You didnt get paid in the last job cos it was shite !

ps. that grout on your account at "Tiles are us" wasn't me !

How's the family ?

Whether he's worth £5m or not we aint gonna get anywhere near that!!!!

Welcome if you are THE Chris Honor - thought you were a reasonable player and a bit hard done by..... Struggling to remember but think you scored a cracking final goal in a 4 or 5 goal destruction of Swansea at The Vetch (came off the bench?).

Can't believe that comment about my only goal !

It was the worst goal of the five that were scored that night and people still mention it to me,(which is nice) it must of been such a surprise to everyone !

The whole of Bristol must of been there that night and we were on the way to promotion in a very exciting season for the whole of Bristol football.

Bob Taylor got a hat-trick and being a Bristolian in Wales that night was special.

Great point tonight !

Nice to see you Chris. Marvin Harriott here, you may remember me from such performances as....er....well, never mind. I'll just hand you over to City's 4th least memorable right-back, Christian Honor.

Obviously if you are the real deal, then I apologise online, but reserve the right to tell you what we all already knew. You were s**t for City, and probably for Airdrie too. :clapping: Legend.

Did I shag your wife or something ? Or are you Nicky Maynard ?

Did I shag your wife or something ? Or are you Nicky Maynard ?

Archived