IGNORED

Go On Derek

Tomo

Yeah hugely impressed with him.

His habit of continually shifting the praise onto his players is one that will win him fans in all corners. Seems very grounded and switched on despite speaking of the potential that is here.

The fact he has achieved what he has with someone else's squad, and I don't mean this to be the swipe it will likely be interpreted as, shows the nonsense people spoke about Millen needing his own squad.

The squad is, and has been for some time, pretty decent. Credit to McInnes for coming in, motivating, organising and man managing the team so that they are achieving what they are.

Pleasing to see his family are planning on moving down too.

McInnes is certainly media and fan friendly and thats a knack not many managers have as a natural quality. John Ward was another who had that ability although his managerial skills ultimately fell short.

Maybe Richard Latham will lose his man love for Ward now that McInnes is in charge at City.

Just to join the love-in, I agree with everything that has been said about Mcinnes. He is PERFECT for us and the fast growing home and away attendances are a testament to that.

I used to do some management recruitment. Obviously the starting point was looking at candidate's past experience and their qualifications etc but what you were really looking for was a good fit with the culture of the organisation the candidate had applied to work for.

I congratulate CS and our board for their bold move in taking on a manager unproven in English football management .

They obviously spotted his potential and what he has done with transforming our on the pitch performances so far is amazing.

A Good Fit indeed !

Another clue as to where things were going wrong prior to his arrival:

"...their only problem was they had no reason to feel good about themselves."

Which echoes Nicky Maynards recent quote about how the players used to spend too much time analysing things (i.e. analysing our defeats...).

We've seen already on here that Millen and consequently his players got caught up in a cycle of frustration and couldn't find a way out. In comes the new bloke, sees one game and is able to see immediately what the issues are and with his positive and bubbly persona starts getting the players rejuvenated with confidence restored.

We've seen already on here that Millen and consequently his players got caught up in a cycle of frustration and couldn't find a way out. In comes the new bloke, sees one game and is able to see immediately what the issues are and with his positive and bubbly persona starts getting the players rejuvenated with confidence restored.

I think there's a lot more substance to him than just a "positive and bubbly persona". He's not Ann Aston off the Golden Shot but I take your point.

Great article with Del but the amusing thing is the journalist Keevins wouldn't have given him a second glance when he was in Scotland. Del was in a league he couldn't win but the media and people like Keevins in particular only helped that fact but not giving anyone but Rangers or Celtic press coverage.

Not surprised he feels to refreshed.

Great article with Del but the amusing thing is the journalist Keevins wouldn't have given him a second glance when he was in Scotland. Del was in a league he couldn't win but the media and people like Keevins in particular only helped that fact but not giving anyone but Rangers or Celtic press coverage.

Not surprised he feels to refreshed.

In the mean time poor old Lomas has got himself a touchline ban.... For abusive gestures to nobody.... apparently :)good to see he is making a good impression

I remember telling you (in The Coopers) that Millen did not have what it takes to be a football manager, saying he didn't have the personality and was clearly not a leader of men. As is your want, you didn't/wouldn't listen and told me I wasn't right because I hadn't met Millen, so I couldn't judge.

I also haven't met McInnes, but I see McInnes as the polar oppisite of Millen, would you agree?

Great article and just reading it makes you feel his enthusiasm.This was one of the reasons he was my first choice,no baggage or failures in this league unlike some other candidates who had been sacked for the same reasons as KM.He has breathed new life into a club that was slowly having the life sucked out of it.

I remember telling you (in The Coopers) that Millen did not have what it takes to be a football manager, saying he didn't have the personality and was clearly not a leader of men. As is your want, you didn't/wouldn't listen and told me I wasn't right because I hadn't met Millen, so I couldn't judge.

I also haven't met McInnes, but I see McInnes as the polar oppisite of Millen, would you agree?

It's not as simple as 'persona'.

It became apparent that Millen had been at AG too long in various positions and because of that ( with hindsight ) his appointment was the wrong one. Steve Lansdown had a lot of time for Millen and rated his potential as a future manager. Sadly the only experience in management that Millen had was at City under firstly Tinnion and then Johnson, neither of them hardly role models.

Millen was also not seen by the players as 'new blood'. They all knew him well and maybe that was a problem as well. It was probably more difficult for him to get his message across, and at the same time difficult for players to have faith in his idea's. Familiarity breeds contempt.

Then Millen gets sacked. It comes McInnes. Immediately the players have no idea what to expect, his idea's are different just like his training regime. New blood, new eyes and a different style have all made a vital impact on the players and they've responded brilliantly

So the effect McInnes has had is not simply down to his 'persona' but also down to the fact that he's new and unfamiliar.

It would be no surprise to me to see Millen succeed in management at another club. New blood and all that.

My bromance with this fella grows a little more every day

Everytime he speaks he says exactly what I want to hear - really not hard to see how he would've impressed at his interview

I genuinally think I have a little crush on the man

+1 The guy says all the right things, he seems to have time for everything and everyone, coupled with a genuine air of excitement and that we will be going places under Del & Doc - if this means a crush or man love then hell yea count me in :wub:

It's not as simple as 'persona'.

It became apparent that Millen had been at AG too long in various positions and because of that ( with hindsight ) his appointment was the wrong one. Steve Lansdown had a lot of time for Millen and rated his potential as a future manager. Sadly the only experience in management that Millen had was at City under firstly Tinnion and then Johnson, neither of them hardly role models.

Millen was also not seen by the players as 'new blood'. They all knew him well and maybe that was a problem as well. It was probably more difficult for him to get his message across, and at the same time difficult for players to have faith in his idea's. Familiarity breeds contempt.

Then Millen gets sacked. It comes McInnes. Immediately the players have no idea what to expect, his idea's are different just like his training regime. New blood, new eyes and a different style have all made a vital impact on the players and they've responded brilliantly

So the effect McInnes has had is not simply down to his 'persona' but also down to the fact that he's new and unfamiliar.

It would be no surprise to me to see Millen succeed in management at another club. New blood and all that.

There's a lot of words but little substance in your post Alan.

You only have to read this forum to see what interest McInnes has sparked in the fans, it follows he would generate the same interest from the players.

New face or familiar face, McInnes is clearly a leader of men, someone fans and players alike will follow, a trait Millen or Tinnion completely lacked. I don't recall how long he was at St Johnstone, long enough to become familiar for sure, but everyone was gushing with their praise.

Your agrument simply doesn't add up.

There's a lot of words but little substance in your post Alan.

You only have to read this forum to see what interest McInnes has sparked in the fans, it follows he would generate the same interest from the players.

New face or familiar face, McInnes is clearly a leader of men, someone fans and players alike will follow, a trait Millen or Tinnion completely lacked. I don't recall how long he was at St Johnstone, long enough to become familiar for sure, but everyone was gushing with their praise.

Your argument simply doesn't add up.

What about my post don't you understand? dunno.gif

Btw, its not an argument as you put it, its simply one explanation.

What about my post don't you understand? dunno.gif

All of it really.

I've read it a number of times and it seems to me, that you put Millens lack of sucess down to longevity of service, yet disregard any ability or leadership skills. The club even sent him on a man management course FFS. Who appoints a manager who needs management skills, unbelieveable.

Btw, its not an argument as you put it, its simply one explanation.

An explanation which is plainly wrong, where I have explained why you are wrong, which makes it a debate/argument.

Archived