IGNORED

Can We Please...?

redlandrebel

Dear mods

Can we please have a function - like on facebook and on other forums - where we can "like" a posting? Sometimes a think somone has made a sound contribution and I'd like to be able to recognise this even though I may not have anything too add. Conversely sometimes someone says something totally idiotic and it'd be useful to express disapproval, again without replying.

:fingerscrossed:

Just an idea - there's always emoticons but it's not the same.

I was thinking really of a similar system to Yahoo. If you sign in then on news stories you can give a thumbs up or down to news stories. Simple but it works.

that's what we had, shockingly some people followed other posters and marked all of their posts down as it also resulted in some sort of scorelike "reputation":facepalm:

One-upmanship is about the only thing that comes from such things.

JT has pretty much summed it up. We had it enabled and it just became a tool of abuse. People literally following around others and negative repping every post a user they didn't like. I'd like to say it was just people being childish but most of them were grown adults who should know better.

Maybe we'll enable it for premium memberships...

JT has pretty much summed it up. We had it enabled and it just became a tool of abuse. People literally following around others and negative repping every post a user they didn't like. I'd like to say it was just people being childish but most of them were grown adults who should know better.

Cant we have a simple "like" button and nothing else?

People cant abuse that its impossible!

theres a top rating in the top right hand corner I'll give you a 5 star so you can see it

Jeez, how many years have I been using this forum and I never knew that was there!

Tom, I have a confession to make. I have Premium Membership but I'm not a grown adult. Are you going to revoke my membership? speechless-smiley-040.gif

Cant we have a simple "like" button and nothing else?

People cant abuse that its impossible!

There is a like button on the topic a whole. It's possible to enable just positive repping potentially.

Archived