IGNORED

Cats

the frampton balti

I only use CATS as the very last option and my experiences would go along with what other posters have already said (people waiting outside for the turnstiles open, cringey singing from teenagers, pointless stops at service stations, getting lost and being made to feel like an outsider) but what I would say is the fella that usually runs Coach 2 (I'm afraid I dont know his name) is a top bloke. Always makes you feel welcome and makes conversation with you whenever possible. You can also tell from the way that he deals with the more 'unique' passenger that he is one of the most patient people going. As I said I don't know his name, but I'm sure somebody on this forum does and he certainly deserves some credit in my opinion. An all round top guy.

I only use CATS as the very last option and my experiences would go along with what other posters have already said (people waiting outside for the turnstiles open, cringey singing from teenagers, pointless stops at service stations, getting lost and being made to feel like an outsider) but what I would say is the fella that usually runs Coach 2 (I'm afraid I dont know his name) is a top bloke. Always makes you feel welcome and makes conversation with you whenever possible. You can also tell from the way that he deals with the more 'unique' passenger that he is one of the most patient people going. As I said I don't know his name, but I'm sure somebody on this forum does and he certainly deserves some credit in my opinion. An all round top guy.

Elderly gent with white hair and glasses?

I think he's talking about Jerry, top bloke, apart from Cardiff I've not used cats for about 12 years as easier to drive/train but jerry was always a nice guy.

Youre on about Jerry Tocknell. City through and through. Mr Bristol City actually. As you say, top bloke. Ive used C.A.T.S many times over the many years Ive supported City. Always found it fine. Talk to them, they will talk to you. Takes longer, yes, but saves the hasstle of finding somewhere to park, cost of the fuel, finding your car window smashed etc.Good memories of times on C.A.T.S......

Elderly gent with white hair and glasses?

I think he's talking about Jerry, top bloke, apart from Cardiff I've not used cats for about 12 years as easier to drive/train but jerry was always a nice guy.

Yeah now I think about it, I'm sure I did hear all the regulars call him Jerry. Dark haired chap?

Went on CATS tuesday night. (Coach 3)

Trip up there was a nightmare, the guys behind me in the back row were drunk before we left bristol. Continued drinking all the way there. Steward took their can off them twice, but as soon as he walked away they got another one out their bag. They kept trying to sing, drunk, and called anyone who didnt join in a gashead or watford fan. I was threatened with being beat up several times, and the lady the other side was subjected to a lot of abuse. Also they were saying erm..... impolite/suggestive.... things to her teenage daughter.

So yeh, great trip up there. Nice and quiet on the way back, they spent the night in a police cell

Went on CATS tuesday night. (Coach 3)

Trip up there was a nightmare, the guys behind me in the back row were drunk before we left bristol. Continued drinking all the way there. Steward took their can off them twice, but as soon as he walked away they got another one out their bag. They kept trying to sing, drunk, and called anyone who didnt join in a gashead or watford fan. I was threatened with being beat up several times, and the lady the other side was subjected to a lot of abuse. Also they were saying erm..... impolite/suggestive.... things to her teenage daughter.

So yeh, great trip up there. Nice and quiet on the way back, they spent the night in a police cell

They sound like utter delights.

Hope it didn't ruin your trip too much

Archived