IGNORED

City Vs 'boro Match Thread

Just wish he'd give the early pass sometimes. Seems to slow it down for me.

Really? i think the opposite

He normally plays the ball first time when he receives it. He likes to "give and go"

A contrasting sort of player to Kilkenny who will take a touch and hold the ball and wait for the runner to move

Tight game, missing Elliott, Killkenny can't seem to get forward as much as recent games. Cisse awesome, Skuse awesome (just one slight lapse of concentration) Pearson quiet, Woolford looks better. Defensively brilliant although Mcgivern caught ball watching once, strong in midfield and dangerous going forward, we are more than matching one go the better side in this division.

Skuse mom so far by far, couple of good balls in. Good touches, overlapping well as well as chasing back and making challenges when losing the ball further up the pitch. Looks like we are retaining the ball. Only one gripe, Wilson, although playing well is reverting to lump it too much, that said when he looks to play it short he has done well.

I think we need to up the tempo of our passes a little and force borough onto the back foot.

He is improving slowly I agree, at least he is not hiding, he really needs a goal.

Think he is supporting maynard okay. But either too slow or a bottler, I can't make my mind up. Some good touches and is trying to make things happen, he seems to have a floating role. Be interesting what he will be like as players tire

Need to play Pearson in more, we seem to only play the ball down whichever flank Adomah is on and it's predictable. Maybe play Adomah in a free AM role and put Bolaise on the right.

Anyway, nice to see us playing some nice football, not quite as high a tempo as recently but still good possession. Skuse and Cisse the players standing out atm.... Kilkenny, Pearson and Woolford need to get into the game a little more.

Not quite at the races today. It's pleasing to see we've made it to half-time and it's still 0-0, though. Boro have had most of the possession.

I think Woolford's struggling to fill Elliott's boots. Think Pitman would add a little inspiration in the second-half.

But so far it's been a real anti-climax following last week's performance...

Think he is supporting maynard okay. But either too slow or a bottler, I can't make my mind up. Some good touches and is trying to make things happen, he seems to have a floating role. Be interesting what he will be like as players tire

Not a bottler I have been quite impressed with that side of game today, things just aren't quite coming off.

I like it ....... unbeaten in six, 'only' 0-0 at home to a top six team, and we are STILL moaning ...........

banghead.gif

Chill.

It will be fine when Maynard scores after 55 mins (tap-in from Albert cross).

Have faith, sisters.

sun.gif

Skuse mom so far by far, couple of good balls in. Good touches, overlapping well as well as chasing back and making challenges when losing the ball further up the pitch. Looks like we are retaining the ball. Only one gripe, Wilson, although playing well is reverting to lump it too much, that said when he looks to play it short he has done well.

I think we need to up the tempo of our passes a little and force borough onto the back foot.

Agreed. Skuse very good. Boro had the first 10 min. Think City have control. Maynard had a good chance but the keeper made a good save. Higher tempo second halh and I think we have a good chance. COYR!!!

Archived