IGNORED

Another Fa Cup Shock?

hippy273

Depends on which 'City' turns up on the day.

Del's City turn up, and we will kick thier arses. Bad City turn up, and it will be like Swindon again.

We have turned a corner, and they should be no match for us. Give Crawley respect, which they deserve, but bring on Arsenal away in the fourth round.

winner_third_h4h.gif

High chance of an upset I would suggest, over recent years we just don't seem to turn up against lower league opposition. This lot are no mugs who are riding a crest of a wave, I think this is probably the worst draw we could have had. I really think we will lose it. But maybe the mcinnes effect can change our fortunes.

High chance of an upset I would suggest, over recent years we just don't seem to turn up against lower league opposition. This lot are no mugs who are riding a crest of a wave, I think this is probably the worst draw we could have had. I really think we will lose it. But maybe the mcinnes effect can change our fortunes.

Absolutely ******* clueless.....the worst possible draw we could of had????????!!!!

Southampton away? West ham away?? All championship clubs away??????

No, of course, Crawley Town are obviously MUCH worse draws than any other potential tie.......

Absolutely ******* clueless.....the worst possible draw we could of had????????!!!!

Southampton away? West ham away?? All championship clubs away??????

No, of course, Crawley Town are obviously MUCH worse draws than any other potential tie.......

In terms of a upset yes. Southampton and west ham would be favourites, so yes worst possible draw.

You are a angry young man aren't you. Calm down its only a internet forum.

Who cares about upsets.....the fact is we have a better chance Crawley away than any possible all Championship tie....and that's all that matters....

Well what the hell were you replying to me for then? I made it perfectly clear in terms of an upset. Did you just want a rant at me. If so fair enough.

Crawley are 11 unbeaten and 6 unbeaten at home

Yes they are but theres alot of games before then and remember who they are playing each week.

Besides if we were in that league with our current crop of players and manager, we'd probably be 19 unbeaten.

If we go there in confident mood and dont become complacent then we ought to win comfortably but it is the cup i supose.

Yes they are but theres alot of games before then and remember who they are playing each week.

Besides if we were in that league with our current crop of players and manager, we'd probably be 19 unbeaten.

If we go there in confident mood and dont become complacent then we ought to win comfortably but it is the cup i supose.

Exactly right.

City should (at least on paper) be able to play them off the park. I'm sure McInnes won't allow any 'Billy Big Bollox' attitudes to creep amongst the players.

Exactly right.

City should (at least on paper) be able to play them off the park. I'm sure McInnes won't allow any 'Billy Big Bollox' attitudes to creep amongst the players.

Our teams of 90's and 2000's would go and do a job. Our team over the past few years have not shown much of an appetite for battling lower league oppostion. In fact we haven't shown a huge amount in cup competitions over the last few years, we used to do well against teams from higher divisions, I can't remember the last time we have won against a higher division team either. I wonder how much interest we actually take in cup competitions. Let's hope del gets them fired up.

I have to say that although things have improved vastly since DM & Co took over, our recent dismal cup exploits have left me with no appetite for this competition. So to be honest I have little interest in who we play 'cause I fear we will probably get dumped out anyway.

Would be nice though, if just for a change, we went on a decent cup run :fingerscrossed:

Crawley are 11 unbeaten and 6 unbeaten at home

We're unbeaten in 13 including 2 FA Cup ties. I hope for a good game and look forward to seeing lots of you in our REDZ bar beforehand. Not sure when the game will be plyaed though as Brighton have drawn Wrexham, and I'm not sure our local police would like both matches at the same time on the same day. Interestingly, the following week we're at The Gas (they've already wished us luck against you on other forums!) and if our match is a draw I think we'll replay on the 17th, so combined with a match against Plymouth on the 21st - it could be an expensive New Year in the West Country. Also, last year in our cup run we played teams from every level (Conference North, Conference Premier, Leagues 1 & 2 and Championship and Premier League) and that pattern seems to be repeating again. Spooky. Hope your league revival continues. Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year (up until when our game's played)

The beauty of the FA Cup is that anything can happen. Form goes out the window and it just comes down to who is more up for it on the day.

Crawley will be a very tough test. I fully expect them to be in League One next season, they are a club on the up and they have good momentum at the moment and have done themselves proud in the FA Cup over the last couple of years.

Anyone who thinks this will be a walkover for us is very wrong. We can and should win it, but I wouldnt rule out a shock either. Whatever happens, Crawley will give a good account of themselves and I would have thought it will be a very tight game.

It wouldnt surprise me if they held us to a draw or even nicked it at their place.

I'd prefer it if we stuck out a first team side instead of reserves to start with, treat this like any other Championship game for a change and we might get a Premier League side :)

This is the F.A. Cup we're talking about, we won't be playing reserves.

We never do that in the F.A Cup...

Hmmm no, we always put out a strong team and give Steve that well deserved cup run that.......... I'll shut up now.

Crawley Town will be a tough match and we cannot afford to let them into the game, as other have mentioned they are no mugs.

We need to dominate the game and get the goals in early.

If we're genuinely worried about facing Crawley away, then we should be even more worried about getting relegated. We'll have too much for them, I'm convinced of that, they'll give it a good go, and raise their game trying to get one over on a championship club, but we'll get through.

Crawley are as probably as good as any side in League 1. If we turn up with the wrong attitude, then we WILL lose. Simple as. On our current form, we should beat them but it wont be easy.

Spot on

Crawley are a very capable side and we will be at their ground. All the pressure will be on us, I actually would have been more confident of progressing if we had been drawn away to a Championship side.

Archived