IGNORED

Gonna Be A Lot Of Unhappy "bristcunians" Tonight

TRL

Perhaps if they are interested in football they should support one of their local clubs.

Possibly not the most popular opinion on here, but I'd rather a Bristolian was a gas fan than "supporting" a big four club from his armchair, or even more annoyingly, the pub. Least it shows a bit of commitment and interest in the local area.

Delighted to see both Manchester clubs fail, anyone noticed the proliferation of man city shirts amongst Bristol's kids in the last couple of years?

Absolutely, agree with this.

Absolutely, agree with this.

So do I.

There's bloke in his 40's who drinks in my local and always has the Man U rag on. I asked him if he liked Old Trafford as he had been 'supporting them for 30 years'. The prat has never been to OT but never misses a game etc etc, best club in the world, blah blah blah, City are shit, blah blah blah......

Hateful git and sums up why I can't stand plastic Mancs!

:bruce_h4h:

So do I.

There's bloke in his 40's who drinks in my local and always has the Man U rag on. I asked him if he liked Old Trafford as he had been 'supporting them for 30 years'. The prat has never been to OT but never misses a game etc etc, best club in the world, blah blah blah, City are shit, blah blah blah......

I hate that. I don't mind if someone has Utd as a 2nd team, providing their first team is a hometown one, but how can you ever truly feel happy/sad about football by supporting United?

Genuinely, the greatest feeling of my life was the Palace game, as Trundle scored. The sheer ecstasy of reaching final we had no right to be in (we were predicted to finish in relegation) after 10 years of being stuck in the crappy 3rd tier, was amazing, on the verge tears in the middle of the East End.

You can't get that kind of emotion as a United supporter. At the end of the season it's like, "yeah great, we won another title", it means nothing. Even a win is special to a team like City.

So do I.

Hands up, I'm a Salford boy, stretford end ST holder back in the 80's, but moved to Bristol when I was 14, been City ever since.

Clearly my Manc family op north think I'm a splitter, some hold me in contempt. I mean it. **** them though, I'm glad I found City.

Hands up, I'm a Salford boy, stretford end ST holder back in the 80's, but moved to Bristol when I was 14, been City ever since.

Clearly my Manc family op north think I'm a splitter, some hold me in contempt. I mean it. **** them though, I'm glad I found City.

Teddy,

This arsehole in my local was born in Oldland Common and probaly never leaves Bristol! At least you would have some allegiance to Manchester if you had stayed with Man U.

You made the right choice BTW although I am a tad biased. :innocent06:

Teddy,

This arsehole in my local was born in Oldland Common and probaly never leaves Bristol! At least you would have some allegiance to Manchester if you had stayed with Man U.

I spent a lot of my time at college at SBL and I think I met one City fan there. Terrible.

Perhaps if they are interested in football they should support one of their local clubs.Possibly not the most popular opinion on here, but I'd rather a Bristolian was a gas fan than "supporting" a big four club from his armchair, or even more annoyingly, the pub. Least it shows a bit of commitment and interest in the local area.Delighted to see both Manchester clubs fail, anyone noticed the proliferation of man city shirts amongst Bristol's kids in the last couple of years?

Couldn't agree more. Obviously it goes without saying that I hate Rovers and want them to lose every game they play and fail at everything they do. But I have many mates that support that shower and I regularly have decent chats with them about football. People I know that 'support' a team hundreds of miles away, why would I waste my time talking to them about football? Similarly when I meet someone, I instanly have a lot more respect for them if they are blue and white scum, rather than a Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool... 'supporter'.

And that fat blockhead Chiles, almost blubbing....I thought he was WBA. And another thing, thar heap of bloated dog poo Eamon Holmes.......your boys took a hell of a beating!:surrender:

Yeah that really annoyed me! Can safely say I found United going out absolutely hilarious and I would be surprised if I wasn't in the majority in thinking that. Yet Chiles, it was like a country was in mourning. Shame really, I used to like him on MOTD 2, but he seems to have become more and more of a tosser since switching to ITV.

Teddy,

It honestly makes me sad seeing kids brought up to support the top flight clubs when they have a perfectly supportable local club nearby when they can actually GO and SEE!

Is this a failure on the clubs behalf or the parents for allowing their offspring to align themselves with a club they have no allegiance to?

These floaters must be picked up and converted! They say football is a religion, so where are the preists? Are the Club visiting school's, asking injured players to do a days training at a local school? this kind of PR is gold, its not costly either although the reward is 5yrs from now. I don't think it will be hard, Bristol will fill a 30k Stad no problemo, in the top flight maybe 45k, like Newcastle or Leeds who are very similar in population, yet have a much smaller catchment area.

What was the question?

Expense is the biggest cost at the moment. I'm City through and through, but nearly all my mates who prefer City to Rovers, just can't have the motivation to go at nigh on £30 a game.

Then the club have a decision to make, what value do they put on supporters turning up at a home game, if the fans are worth subsidising at a cost of £100k, what impact could that make on the home form.

Problem is as we know AG will only ever have good seats for 10k of the fans, its why we need a new stad, nobody wants to pay £15 to stand behind a massive piller. Its all about the quality of the match-day experience. If the Club know this they they should subsidise it to lure people to sit behind a post for the match!

I really think the ST or whoever should push the club to drop prices, or some incentives to fill the place for low attendance games.

I seem to Remember Mr Feguson storming out of a press conference a couple of weeks ago when a Reporter said So why are you are struggling in Europe. Ferguson replies " Struggling in Europe, you're joking, right?" then Storms out.

I would like to see him answer that question now.

He is is like a 5 year old throwing a strop, looks an even bigger arse now than when he did it.

your 69 going on 6 Mr Ferguson, Sir Alex my arse.

Teddy,

This arsehole in my local was born in Oldland Common and probaly never leaves Bristol!

he should actually go and spend time up north - let the local bin dippers laugh at his Bristolian accent and take the piss out of him for being a wurzel - see how much of a plastic man u fan is when he comes back.

I dont really understand the problem with a Bristolian supporting Man United or someone from Cornwall supporting Chelsea etc I only support City because my dad forced me to go to Ashton Gate when i was younger. Where as he watched both city and rovers and chose City because he watched a better standard of football.

Parents cant afford to take their kids to football as much these days so they end up watching it on Telly and therefore follow the teams they see most often.

So yeah, like everything else, its all Skys fault.

he should actually go and spend time up north - let the local bin dippers laugh at his Bristolian accent and take the piss out of him for being a wurzel - see how much of a plastic man u fan is when he comes back.

I sooo wish he would King C (apart from the 'coming back' bit). Nothing to do with Man U, more that he is an utter cock TBH! :innocent06:

Man City and Man U going out oh it brings a smile to my face.

The european cup means nothing to me, I don't have a 2nd club so I really couldn't care less who win it. Preferably Barca as they play football the right way.

Most importantly Man Yoo are out now that does bring a huge smile to my face only slighty less broad than when Rovers or Cardiff

Who will Ferguson Blame tonight?

Loving it

People were suicidal in my local, a stones throw from Old Trafford and Maine Road, Eastlands, Etihad something or other, at just over 180 miles away!!! :laughcont:

I bet Chelsea and Arsenal have a few more "glory hunting" supporters, tossers today.

Man City and Man U going out oh it brings a smile to my face.

The european cup means nothing to me, I don't have a 2nd club so I really couldn't care less who win it. Preferably Barca as they play football the right way.

Most importantly Man Yoo are out now that does bring a huge smile to my face only slighty less broad than when Rovers or Cardiff

Who will Ferguson Blame tonight?

Loving it

I am English so would like to an English team win except any local clubs.

i admit I did laugh when the 2 Manchester Clubs went out

I watched United crash out from a pub within eyesight of Old Trafford (across the ship canal).

None of the locals were watching football.

Says it all about the ManUre support, really. I bet if you went into a pub in Guildford or Great Yarmouth or even in our fair city, I bet a sea of "mockney reds" were crying into their beer.

I dislike Manchester Utd, Manchester City and Chelsea due to all the glory hunters in this city and Man City and Chelsea trying to buy trophies with money they haven't earnt. Real Madrid have spent alot but they make unbelievable amounts of money, one article said they made back the 80M spent on Ronaldo in a few months from shirt sales alone. Crazy stuff.

Someone please correct if I'm wrong, but I have a recollection of the Spanish Government buying Real Madrids training ground for the amount of Madrids entire debt, and then giving them back the training ground??

Someone please correct if I'm wrong, but I have a recollection of the Spanish Government buying Real Madrids training ground for the amount of Madrids entire debt, and then giving them back the training ground??

Yeah something like that, and various debts waivered from the bank.

Nice to be real Madrid eh :)

£200millionish

Plus the TV money isnt shared out through the league fairly. Barca and Real get 50%. The rest of the money is shared between the rest of the teams. A few clubs are trying to get it changed tho

Archived