IGNORED

On The Beebs Rumour Site Now....

harvey54

Fulham are leading the chase for Bristol City winger Albert Adomah. Aston Villa, Everton, Bolton, Sunderland and Stoke are also interested.

Full story: Daily Mail

Looks like there might be a bidding war in the New Year.

If Nicky was to leave for a substantial fee it would go a long way to balancing the books and giving Del Boy the fnds to build a team.

Interesting times ahead next year.

Harve

I hate the transfer window, all you get between know and the end of January is journalist making up stories, some are true but 90% are just made up.

Chamberlain is about 7 years younger, has played international football at various levels throughout his career, has been targeted by some of the top teams in Europe for several years, is tipped to be an England star of the future. Apart from that their almost identical

He's 5 years younger

36 games for Southampton (most in division 3)

1 league game for Arsenal as a sub

Handful of England u-18, u-19 and u21 games

12m for a kid - madness.

Totally agree utter madness, but doesn`t mean that 10million for Albert is realistic, half of that tops.

I really dont see why people flap so much, we get this EVERY YEAR! if you have good players at this level their obviously going to get linked to prem clubs, it just shows were doing something right!! Albert is under contract, we dont need to sale him unless a crazy offer comes in, then why dont sale him? we can reinvest the money we make on a proven championship winger, the buying club get Albert, we get a proven Championship winger and what ever money is left over can go somewhere else in the team! this is the business were in, squads change all the time both for financial reasons and squad freshness, just get use to it already!!!

Chamberlain is about 7 years younger, has played international football at various levels throughout his career, has been targeted by some of the top teams in Europe for several years, is tipped to be an England star of the future. Apart from that their almost identical

Not so sure about that, he's not committed to England yet and is said to be actively considering playing for his grandparents home country (not certain which one that is) even though his Dad, Mark, played for England.

Seems to be all the rage at the moment for young players not to choose England when they've got a choice of which country to play for.

Not so sure about that, he's not committed to England yet and is said to be actively considering playing for his grandparents home country (not certain which one that is) even though his Dad, Mark, played for England.

Seems to be all the rage at the moment for young players not to choose England when they've got a choice of which country to play for.

He will play for England. He could well go to Euro 2012 as he's already shown this season for Arsenal he's well capable of putting Theo Walcott out of the side. Kids got a great future.

Something else that pisses me off, the lad was BORN in England, which makes him ENGLISH! this grandparent rubbish should of been scrapped a long time ago, why would you not want to play for your own country? even if were crap! its just bonkers.

Something else that pisses me off, the lad was BORN in England, which makes him ENGLISH! this grandparent rubbish should of been scrapped a long time ago, why would you not want to play for your own country? even if were crap! its just bonkers.

I understand the rule in certain cases where a player was born in a country but has lived in another country since they were born so they feel like they are from their adopted nation.

He will play for England. He could well go to Euro 2012 as he's already shown this season for Arsenal he's well capable of putting Theo Walcott out of the side. Kids got a great future.

I'm not saying he won't be capable of playing for England, more that he may choose not to.

Ireland wouldnt have a team.

I'm not saying he won't be capable of playing for England, more that he may choose not to.

Have any players who would have been first choice England players, actually turned us down? I can't think of any. Emmanuel Frimpong has recently chosen to play for Ghana, but he was born there.

Albert chose Ghana even though he was born in Lambeth.

Emmanuel Frimpong also chose Ghana after representing England at youth levels, although he was born there and moved here at an early age.

Danny Welbeck bucked the trend by choosing England despite interest from the Ghanaian F.A., and of course made his England debut against them.

We'll have to wait and see with Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Have any players who would have been first choice England players, actually turned us down? I can't think of any. Emmanuel Frimpong has recently chosen to play for Ghana, but he was born there.

Lewis Holtby was born in Germany but his dad is an English Everton fan and Lewis Holtby supports Everton but has chosen to play for Germany. He plays for Schalke and has great potential.

Regarding Albert chosing Ghana (mentioned above). Let's be honest, he was never going to get close to the England team. So his choice was more a pragmatic one.

I don't know Lewis Holtby, though given he was born in Germany to a German mother (I'm presuming), can't really fault him chosing them.

Isn't there another young German player with an English surname, who's oretty good? Can't think of him name, but guess it's a similar situation to Holby.

Regarding Albert chosing Ghana (mentioned above). Let's be honest, he was never going to get close to the England team. So his choice was more a pragmatic one.

I don't know Lewis Holtby, though given he was born in Germany to a German mother (I'm presuming), can't really fault him chosing them.

Isn't there another young German player with an English surname, who's oretty good? Can't think of him name, but guess it's a similar situation to Holby.

Aaron Hunt is who i'm guessing you're talking about.

Aaron Hunt?

Not a single stat to back that. If he goes to the Euros then I will renounce any faith in football. I came close to doing so when they payed 12 mill for a league 1 player.

Adomah is worth more but we'd probably be looking at somewhere in the region of 6 mill for him. He won't go though, kinda hoping us keeping hold of him will convince Nicky Maynard that we have prem ambition meaning he'll stay

Ever the optimist though

Not a single stat to back that. If he goes to the Euros then I will renounce any faith in football. I came close to doing so when they payed 12 mill for a league 1 player.

Adomah is worth more but we'd probably be looking at somewhere in the region of 6 mill for him. He won't go though, kinda hoping us keeping hold of him will convince Nicky Maynard that we have prem ambition meaning he'll stay

Ever the optimist though

How is Albert worth more than Chamberlain? Chamberlain is only 18 and has such great potential. Albert is nearly 24 and has played 1 season in the championship. Sven took Theo to the world cup when he was 16, who says Chamberlain wont be at the euros? Theo picks up an injury and he'll be playing week in week out.

Morgan Schneiderlin (Saints)?

French though

Edit: Forget it

Albert is worth a lot of money, regardless of other players and their country's

AA is on a long-term deal at AG and for him to be prized away its going to take a kings ransome and the clubs concerned know this.

If a club is interested we are talking in terms of a Maynard type fee (if it was in the summer) and then it would be up to DM. If DM could create some cash and have a decent replacement such as Bolaise standing by (I'm not sure how good he is as we dont get to see much of him) then we could be prepared to deal...

Whats the betting a doubble Maynard/Adomah comes in...Looking at the clubs involved I wouldnt rule it out...10m for them both anyone?

Archived