IGNORED

On The Beebs Rumour Site Now....

harvey54

Albert is worth a lot of money, regardless of other players and their country's

AA is on a long-term deal at AG and for him to be prized away its going to take a kings ransome and the clubs concerned know this.

If a club is interested we are talking in terms of a Maynard type fee (if it was in the summer) and then it would be up to DM. If DM could create some cash and have a decent replacement such as Bolaise standing by (I'm not sure how good he is as we dont get to see much of him) then we could be prepared to deal...

Whats the betting a doubble Maynard/Adomah comes in...Looking at the clubs involved I wouldnt rule it out...10m for them both anyone?

I think I'd take that to be perfectly honest.

Oxlade-Chamberlain is a brilliant young player; I've seen him live for England U21 and he was streets ahead of any other player in terms of awareness, ability and vision. I love Albert but I would say AO-C is as good as Albert but 5 years younger and we've all seen the rate at which Adomah has improved playing regularly. Same thing will happen with the young lad. I suspect next years Euros will come too soon

He's 5 years younger

36 games for Southampton (most in division 3)

1 league game for Arsenal as a sub

Handful of England u-18, u-19 and u21 games

12m for a kid - madness.

thats Arsene Wenger for you. He dont do players over 25, and pays well over the odds for yet more youngsters...which is why they have won **** all in 6 seasons, crash and burn every season in February or March, and why all their best players leave...

He will play for England. He could well go to Euro 2012 as he's already shown this season for Arsenal he's well capable of putting Theo Walcott out of the side. Kids got a great future.

Watched him score an hatrick for the U21 a few weeks back and he looked very good in the recent Carling Cup match against Man C, defiantly one for the future 12m or what ever it was will be a very good investment in the coming years imo.

There is no such thing as a football manager style "value"

Adomah is worth whatever we decide because he's under contract.

If someone is able or willing to meet our valuation (which will be sky high) then he will be sold.

Starts getting difficult if his head gets turned though. Someone comes in with a bid, we keep turning down bids, said player the stops performing because their head is elsewhere, slowly but surely the offers start getting less and less.

Fine balancing act knowing when to sell and not cut your nose off to spite your face.

The board have to know the personality of the player before trying to play hardball.

Interesting times ahead, I can't remember the last time we had two highly saleable assets

thats Arsene Wenger for you. He dont do players over 25, and pays well over the odds for yet more youngsters...which is why they have won **** all in 6 seasons, crash and burn every season in February or March, and why all their best players leave...

That's certainly been the case. However, I think this season may be different though, IF (and it's a massive IF) Van Persie stays fit. They are not under pressure to do anything other than finish fourth. With a bit of luck they can reach the latter stages of the Champions League - they won't meet any of the best sides (Barca, Real, Bayern, Inter, Chelsea) until the quarters at least - only Milan would make you doubt their progress. The keeper is actually very good and they are just starting to look a bit more solid at centre half - both Vermaelen and Mertersacker are decent enough and that Song is starting to look a very good player indeed. He now has a spine to the side.

It's all about expectations. No one thinks they can or should challenge for the league which will work in their favour.

There is no such thing as a football manager style "value"

Adomah is worth whatever we decide because he's under contract.

If someone is able or willing to meet our valuation (which will be sky high) then he will be sold.

He's worth whatever we agree he's worth with a buyer.

Probably worth about £3m at the moment I reckon. If he plays a blinder until the end of the season I reckon we could see bids of £4m+ myself in the summer which might be hard for us to turn down.

Be interesting for someone to list what top championship wingers have gone for when Prem clubs have swooped.

Probably worth about £3m at the moment I reckon. If he plays a blinder until the end of the season I reckon we could see bids of £4m+ myself in the summer which might be hard for us to turn down.

Be interesting for someone to list what top championship wingers have gone for when Prem clubs have swooped.

Why would it be difficult to turn down?

How much money would it cost to replace him? We certainly ain't gonna improve on him.

Simple maths states that unless we get a ridiculous bid in the region of 6-8 million we don't benefit from the sale. He's under contract for 3 years so we have absolutely no need to sell him until that's close to expiry.

He ain't going anywhere for the tiny fee'd you've quoted. £6.5 for Maynard and Beckford... Albert is a class above.

How much money would it cost to replace him? We certainly ain't gonna improve on him.

Simple maths states that unless we get a ridiculous bid in the region of 6-8 million we don't benefit from the sale. He's under contract for 3 years so we have absolutely no need to sell him until that's close to expiry.

£6.5 for Maynard and Beckford... Albert is a class above.

Agreed.

Albert is the true and only star at the club. £6-8m is nothing but a fair price.

Something else that pisses me off, the lad was BORN in England, which makes him ENGLISH! this grandparent rubbish should of been scrapped a long time ago, why would you not want to play for your own country? even if were crap! its just bonkers.

Going back a bit; I'm the first in a Scottish family to be born in England for generations but if I was a footballer I would certainly play for England. I've always supported England since I was a boy because I've always thought that was right being born here... but I guess everyone doesn't always necessarily think that way, especially if it affects your career...

He ain't going anywhere for the tiny fee'd you've quoted. £6.5 for Maynard and Beckford... Albert is a class above.

It more depends if he wants out and thinks he can play in the Prem.

I don't think £4m is a tiny fee for a winger who is unproven at the top level. But I wouldn't sell him unless he wanted out.

I wouldn't compare with Maynard or Beckford either as strikers normally go for more than strikers.

Are you seriously putting Albert in the same league as Andy Cole?

It doesn't matter what Cole went on to do after us, it's about their relative worth to us.

And FanaticRed, who are you to question which nationality someone should feel? Most of us were presuambly born in Bristol, so a few miles the other way and we'd be Welsh! It's up to the individual, you wouldn't go down that route but it doesn't mean other shouldn't.

Ahh you mean just like Andy Cole then? Not so ridic

Andy Cole went for just over £1m, and went on to be the highest paid British transfer at the time at £9m so his value went up 9 times after some time scoring in the Premier League. Adomah will not go for £10m, I mean if he set the Premier League alight it would mean by the logic behind Cole he'd be worth £100m after a season or two of good Premier League football :laugh:

£3-5m is my guess at best. Let's face it, Adomah hasn't got much Championship experience and has no Premier League experience, he's playing for a club who are fighting relegation and has a 3 year contract meaning he can't be picked up easily which means most clubs won't even bother.

My main concern is that we'd even consider selling Adomah when we could be losing Nicky already... I mean this club without Nicky and Adomah is a much weaker club and a much weaker starting 11, especially when they've scored over 50% of our goals between them!

That was about 15 years ago. Prices have changed. But it makes no difference - We aren't putting a value on him to sell him!!!! We are putting a value on him to keep him! As others have said, realistically he is worth 3-6 million but as we don't want to sell him and wouldn't be able to easily/cheaply replace him why the hell would we put a realistic price on him? If someone is stupid/rich enough to bid 6-10 million or whatever then yes we'd have to think again, but until then HANDS OFF!

Regarding Albert chosing Ghana (mentioned above). Let's be honest, he was never going to get close to the England team. So his choice was more a pragmatic one.

I don't know Lewis Holtby, though given he was born in Germany to a German mother (I'm presuming), can't really fault him chosing them.

Isn't there another young German player with an English surname, who's oretty good? Can't think of him name, but guess it's a similar situation to Holby.

Holtby's Dad is English, his mum German IIRC, and he's born and raised there

Apparently Cappello tried to get him to play for England but he didn't want to know

Am sure one of the Prem teams were interested in him a while back, he's meant to be the absolute beans...

Holtby's Dad is English, his mum German IIRC, and he's born and raised there

Apparently Cappello tried to get him to play for England but he didn't want to know

Am sure one of the Prem teams were interested in him a while back, he's meant to be the absolute beans...

His Dad is a scouser who was/is in the army and he was stationed in Germany. Apparently he's a massive Everton fan.

Archived