IGNORED

Maynard

Lordofthebling

The thing is managers are not stupid, if they've seen Nicky play at his best then they're more than aware of what he can do and when you look at buying a striker from a team fighting relegation 7 in 21 shows there is still scoring ability in a team that is not playing well. You also have to consider that managers are not going to expect a striker playing for a bottom 6 club to score 21 in 21 or even 15 in 21. Managers will also look at the fact we've only scored 21 goals this season so far and he's scored 7 of them, meaning he's scored a third of our goals and is still scoring once every three games in a relegation battling team.

You should also consider that It's a team game and he is part of the team that has been in the bottom 3 for most of the season - in fact, he has probably played more than most. I'm sure he wouldn't shy away from shouldering his part of that.

He has also played a large part of the season as a lone striker so you would expect him to have scored a large percentage of our goals. If your lone striker can't score, you really are up s**t creek.

I don't doubt his ability, he has scored some of the best goals I have ever seen from a City player. He is a tremendous finisher.

Well he scored with his head against us last season so probably better in the air than you're making out.

Lita for me is far superior in every aspect.

Movement

Strength

Heading

Shooting

Pace.

The only area where Maynard is better is as a person, but then whats that got to do with anything.

I'd have Lita over Maynard in a heartbeat.

Why do you claim I have a vendetta against Maynard?

If being honest equates to having vendetta then so be it.

Lita's certainly faster, would be a better outlet when under the cosh and is more powerful. However Maynard's finishing is better and his touch is far superior!

I'd be surprised if Swansea wanted him as they are doing well and seem to have a decent amount of fire-power but from Maynard's perspective it would be a great move. We'll have to see.

However Maynard's finishing is better and his touch is far superior!

Maynards finishing is average at best. I've lost count the number of 'easy' finishes Maynards made a complete mess of. I'll give you the fact if given time and space Maynards can fire off clean powerful shots from the 20-25 yard range but when he's one on one with the keeper or in the box his finishing isn't clinical enough if he sees his future in the premier league.

He's only hit 20 + goals in a Season once in anger and at the age of 25 that isn't good enough for a player that's brings little to the party unless he scores.

Just wish this Maynard scenario is sorted one way or another.

Personally have no problem with him going.

Certainly not setting the championship a light since his injury.

Exactly.

You'd possibly understand all the rumour and Maynards desire to

get away if he was on fire and looked the business but the reality is he looks very ordinary at the moment.

I still don't think any prem clubs will touch him. Any scout that has watch him recently won't be rushing back to base to encourage his

man to get him on board. I think eventually Maynard will realise a prem move is not going go materialise and he will sign a contract with some clauses.

Exactly what he should and could of done 8 months ago. It would of taken a lot of unwanted pressure and unnessacary attention away and he could of got on with his football .

Derby Saturday

If this is a fact, i.e. SL said at Derby that NM is definitely going to stay, then it certainly hasn't produced the headlines you'd expect it to.

SL may want Maynard to stay, he might be absolutely determined to keep him, but NM will do exactly as he wants, and he's said nothing publicly to indicate he has any real enthusiasm to remain at Bristol City.

Have you got a link to any comments by SL at the weekend?

Maynards finishing is average at best. I've lost count the number of 'easy' finishes Maynards made a complete mess of. I'll give you the fact if given time and space Maynards can fire off clean powerful shots from the 20-25 yard range but when he's one on one with the keeper or in the box his finishing isn't clinical enough if he sees his future in the premier league.

He's only hit 20 + goals in a Season once in anger and at the age of 25 that isn't good enough for a player that's brings little to the party unless he scores.

I agree with your point about finishing off easy chances, this is definitely an area he needs to improve. His penalty success rate is appalling.

Archived