IGNORED

Maynard

Lordofthebling

No chance, even if City had accepted a bid from Swansea, Maynard would still have to agree to go there. I think he's slightly more ambitious than that.

He may need to lower his sights somewhat then. A move to a premier league club wouldn't be enough for him? If he ever wants to move to a top club, he'll have to prove himself in the top flight first, and a club like Swansea in January would be perfect. Not that I particularly think this rumour has any legs to it, but it wouldn't shock me to see a move like this come off.

Swansea would be a great move for him!!

Agreed.

They have a very good chance of staying up this year and they play a pattern that could suit Nicky well. Don't want him to go, but it the choice is £3-4m in January or nowt at the end of the season then we should take the money.

If he does go to a Prem club he needs to go to a Swansea, he will then get a chance to play regular like Graham as after his move from Watford i think it was many a promising player have left the Championship for a Prem club and it has ended up having a negative effect on that players career it's a big step up some can do it some can't with Maynard only time will tell.

It would be a good move for Maynard. He wouldn't have to uproot his family too much, in fact he could commute to Swansea its only about 80 miles from Portishead. Thats a 90 min drive.

They are a good side, play decent football and Maynard would benefit from their style of play.

Not sure about 3m. I would hope to get a bigger wedge than that for him even though he's out of contract in the summer.

No chance, even if City had accepted a bid from Swansea, Maynard would still have to agree to go there. I think he's slightly more ambitious than that.

You seem have an "interesting" view on either Swansea or Bristol's status. Swans are a Prem Club who play good football, great stadium, positive supporters and have ambition. Suggest if Maynard does choose to leave Swans would be a great move.

It would be a good move for Maynard. He wouldn't have to uproot his family too much, in fact he could commute to Swansea its only about 80 miles from Portishead. Thats a 90 min drive.

They are a good side, play decent football and Maynard would benefit from their style of play.

Not sure about 3m. I would hope to get a bigger wedge than that for him even though he's out of contract in the summer.

No idea on the validity of this supposed move, but I've been told his house is up for sale at the moment so he may not need to travel from Portishead.

20K is NOT a "great" stadium, is merely ok.

What determines a great stadium? Its capacity or its design? If it was a 60k capacity stadium but swans could only get 35k fans, would it still be classed as great or just stupid design?

Don't shoot me, but heard tonight that Maynard - 3 Million; to the Swans is a done deal.

Not sure if I believe it, but putting it up for other fellow cider heads to discuss!

Apologies if posted elsewhere.

Bye Nicky!

Like he'd get a game ahead of Graham,Lita,Moore,Sinclair or Routledge!

Bite their hands off and let's move on .

Also if its a done deal no need to play him. Start with Pitman. BTW I don't buy into the argument that Nicky suits the system we play better!

Well he's significantly better than Lita and Moore and the last two are wide players mainly. Don't let the facts get in the way of a vendetta though.

You think so? I reckon lita has many more attributes to his game than maynard. Moore has always flattered to deceive, I agree with you there.

You think so? I reckon lita has many more attributes to his game than maynard. Moore has always flattered to deceive, I agree with you there.

What's Lita got in his game that Maynard hasn't? He's got a poor touch and always has, he's not quick any more. He can hit a ball and he's fairly strong but there's little intelligence or ability on the ball to him. The only thing he beats Maynard on is power IMO, the rest Maynard wins.

What's Lita got in his game that Maynard hasn't? He's got a poor touch and always has, he's not quick any more. He can hit a ball and he's fairly strong but there's little intelligence or ability on the ball to him. The only thing he beats Maynard on is power IMO, the rest Maynard wins.

Lita scored a brilliant header in the prem last week. So there's that... :)

Didn't see it but I think he scores about once every two years with his head so they're probably equal on that front :)

Well he scored with his head against us last season so probably better in the air than you're making out.

Lita for me is far superior in every aspect.

Movement

Strength

Heading

Shooting

Pace.

The only area where Maynard is better is as a person, but then whats that got to do with anything.

I'd have Lita over Maynard in a heartbeat.

Why do you claim I have a vendetta against Maynard?

If being honest equates to having vendetta then so be it.

Well he scored with his head against us last season so probably better in the air than you're making out.

Lita for me is far superior in every aspect.

Movement

Strength

Heading

Shooting

Pace.

Why do you claim I have a vendetta against Maynard?

If being honest equates to having vendetta then so be it.

Now I don't often agree with melksham, but this is also my opinion of lita, even if he is a nasty little bugger.

Maynard I would suggest is below lita in most aspects of striking ability. Lita is pretty good in the air, is stronger, about the same pace, is more accurate with his shooting, passes and brings strike/support players into the game a lot better than maynard. Maynard is more dangerous around the edge of the box and is capable of the unexpected.

Maynard imo has a lot to improve to be near lita, I'm not saying he won't, with hard work he might

What determines a great stadium? Its capacity or its design? If it was a 60k capacity stadium but swans could only get 35k fans, would it still be classed as great or just stupid design?

If Swansea stay up, it is widely rumoured that they will expand the Liberty stadium, to at least 25,000. They are a very well run football club, play fantastic football, and someone like Nicky Maynard should jump at the chance.

As much as it pains me to say it, the Swans will take some knocking off their perch as South West Britains premier team.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/swanseacityfc/swansea-city-fc/2011/06/10/swansea-city-chairman-huw-jenkins-hopes-for-liberty-expansion-91466-28853201/

Don't shoot me, but heard tonight that Maynard - 3 Million; to the Swans is a done deal.

Not sure if I believe it, but putting it up for other fellow cider heads to discuss!

You aint GrahamC in disguise are you? its the same sort of stools he was spreading last month!

Hi guys, Swans fan here.

How likely do you think it is? We've been linked with him pretty heavily the last couple of windows so it doesn't surprise me that we're interested. I gather he's having a tougher time of things this season, any reason why?

Blings source is reliable.

Club has enquires from most of the Prem for Maynard, would not surprise me if a number of clubs have already made firm offers and met the Clubs valuation. Maynard is probably discussing terms with one or two clubs as we speak.

Guess he's off then :ermm:

I don't know if there is any truth in it but I think its the sort of club he should be looking at. I think he has a better chance of getting a move to someone like Everton, Fulham or Villa by seeing out his contract and performing better over the remainder of the season. It's far more likely some of the bigger clubs will take the gamble if he is on a free.

He hasn't had a particularly good season by his high standards. 7 Goals in 21 appearances is not shocking but if you are looking for a big move then it's not exactly setting the world alight. You also have to take into consideration the fact that we were playing hoofball under Millen and that is hardly playing to the lads strengths is it.

Whether he stays or goes, I don't think he will be the difference between us staying up and going down - especially if we have Pitman available, he is equally as capable IMO.

He deserves his chance in the Premier league based on what he has done over the last few years with us and he will get it i'm sure, it's just a matter of whether that is in January or July.

He hasn't had a particularly good season by his high standards. 7 Goals in 21 appearances is not shocking but if you are looking for a big move then it's not exactly setting the world alight. You also have to take into consideration the fact that we were playing hoofball under Millen and that is hardly playing to the lads strengths is it.

The thing is managers are not stupid, if they've seen Nicky play at his best then they're more than aware of what he can do and when you look at buying a striker from a team fighting relegation 7 in 21 shows there is still scoring ability in a team that is not playing well. You also have to consider that managers are not going to expect a striker playing for a bottom 6 club to score 21 in 21 or even 15 in 21. Managers will also look at the fact we've only scored 21 goals this season so far and he's scored 7 of them, meaning he's scored a third of our goals and is still scoring once every three games in a relegation battling team.

Archived