IGNORED

Maynard

Robin101

Form is temporary class is permanent. I keep wondering which way round it is for Maynard. But Leicester wanted to pay £6 million for him! When did we start using Sven's managerial judgement as a barometer for anything? I'm going to sit on the fence re Maynard forever I think.

Maynard is average at this level, nothing more, nothing less!

while i agree on your comments on James, this comment is ridiculous....if he stays with us all season and is fit, he will get to 20 goals no prob, and as long as you have one 20 goal a season striker, more often than not you will be safe.....excellent footballer, and if you had all his city goals on video i dont think their would be many better goal collection videos around

while i agree on your comments on James, this comment is ridiculous....if he stays with us all season and is fit, he will get to 20 goals no prob, and as long as you have one 20 goal a season striker, more often than not you will be safe.....excellent footballer, and if you had all his city goals on video i dont think their would be many better goal collection videos around

IMO that is the Maynard of old, he use to be a excellent player but since his injury he hasnt been the same player, hes lost something! he no longer has that nack of turning a game on its head with a pile driver from 20 yeards and that imo was a fundamental part of his game! he certainly cant do 1 on 1s either, well for the most part anyway! so imo at the moment hes a average CHAMPIONSHIP striker!

IMO that is the Maynard of old, he use to be a excellent player but since his injury he hasn't been the same player, hes lost something! he no longer has that nack of turning a game on its head with a pile driver from 20 yeards and that imo was a fundamental part of his game! he certainly cant do 1 on 1s either, well for the most part anyway! so imo at the moment hes a average CHAMPIONSHIP striker!

Completely agree.

I personally don't think he wants to be here and his performances have been lacking. The old maynard chases lost causes and chucks his body in the way of clearances, where as now he seems to want it on a plate. Perfect passes to his feet and seems reluctant to even challenge for headers. I think he's just holding out for his inevitable deal away.

Completely agree.

I personally don't think he wants to be here and his performances have been lacking. The old maynard chases lost causes and chucks his body in the way of clearances, where as now he seems to want it on a plate. Perfect passes to his feet and seems reluctant to even challenge for headers. I think he's just holding out for his inevitable deal away.

I think its probably a mixture of both, he quite obviously doesnt want to be here and anyone who thinks he does are just kidding themselfs! but i also think hes lost something that he use to have, hes just not the same player ability wise to what he once was! the injury has knocked him back big time!

I think its probably a mixture of both, he quite obviously doesnt want to be here and anyone who thinks he does are just kidding themselfs! but i also think hes lost something that he use to have, hes just not the same player ability wise to what he once was! the injury has knocked him back big time!

Its not ability, its state of mind...it seems as though he is playing out time. There is a big difference, if he signed a new contract or moves in the January window I would expect hime to start scoring goals again.

I was at the game and maynard played reasonably well with little to no service. Nearly scored a Screamer as well. Had that gone in I doubt people would be starting bitchy threads like this. And stop with this not caring bullshit. He chased everything today as usual. He wants to try himself at a higher level, get over it.

I was at the game and maynard played reasonably well with little to no service. Nearly scored a Screamer as well. Had that gone in I doubt people would be starting bitchy threads like this. And stop with this not caring bullshit. He chased everything today as usual. He wants to try himself at a higher level, get over it.

People want to defame him for some ridiculous reason. He obviously needs to score every game to prove to some people that he cares... Drivel of course but there we go.

Was good to see the incredible impact that Pitman made too... I suppose he doesn't care either?

IMO that is the Maynard of old, he use to be a excellent player but since his injury he hasnt been the same player, hes lost something! he no longer has that nack of turning a game on its head with a pile driver from 20 yeards and that imo was a fundamental part of his game! he certainly cant do 1 on 1s either, well for the most part anyway! so imo at the moment hes a average CHAMPIONSHIP striker!

Im pretty sure he will score on saturday. He is our topscorer and one of the rasons we still play in cc. Look at Roney in MU 9 games without scoring. Today he scored 2. NM soon finds the net, dont wory.

People want to defame him for some ridiculous reason. He obviously needs to score every game to prove to some people that he cares... Drivel of course but there we go.

Was good to see the incredible impact that Pitman made too... I suppose he doesn't care either?

Pitman had 3 notable efforts on goal according to the match thread.

An overhead kick over the bar, a header onto the roof of the net, and very close to scoring from a clever back heel in the box that went just 'inches wide' according to the commentary.

Not a bad 'impact' for such a short time on the pitch I'd say.

More likely mystified as why he has not had more starts this season.

More likely mystified as why he has not had more starts this season.

Or even more likely is he was unable to score because only RVP scores in every game.

If and when Pitman does get his chance he's better take it with all the pressure being heaped on him whilst he is portrayed as Bristol's answer to Messi...

Or even more likely is he was unable to score because only RVP scores in every game.

If and when Pitman does get his chance he's better take it with all the pressure being heaped on him whilst he is portrayed as Bristol's answer to Messi...

Now you know you have been told a million times about exaggerating. Who has compared him to Messi?.

The point is this, Pitman has made 4 starts in a season where we have lost 11 games. We have failed to win in the last 3 and Maynard has failed to score, perhaps Pitman is due his chance. Maynard has been a very lucky boy in that the previous clueless manager played him during a 9 game winless run, which was also goaless for him or is Maynard undroppable?, because he might sign a new contract? or might put potential buyers off?.

Now you know you have been told a million times about exaggerating. Who has compared him to Messi?.

The point is this, Pitman has made 4 starts in a season where we have lost 11 games. We have failed to win in the last 3 and Maynard has failed to score, perhaps Pitman is due his chance. Maynard has been a very lucky boy in that the previous clueless manager played him during a 9 game winless run, which was also goaless for him or is Maynard undroppable?, because he might sign a new contract? or might put potential buyers off?.

He's undroppable because he's put best player. Don't take my word for it, take the word of a manager who isn't clueless, does know the game inside out and does rate him above Pitman.

You might well have known more about football than the previous 'gaffer' but I seriously doubt that you have anything on Derek. Whilst he is happy that Maynard is the best option for us then I am happy to agree with him.

Pitman would be in the side if he merited inclusion ahead of other available players......

Pitman had 3 notable efforts on goal according to the match thread.

An overhead kick over the bar, a header onto the roof of the net, and very close to scoring from a clever back heel in the box that went just 'inches wide' according to the commentary.

Not a bad 'impact' for such a short time on the pitch I'd say.

Interesting comparison between the two players.

I was at the game and Maynard had two attempts at goal that I remember, both from distance. The first went well wide (for a throw in!), the second brought a decent save from the keeper.

On a number of other occasions he tried to make space for himself around the edge of the box to try and get shots in.

As you say Pitman had three attempts at goal, none of which were on target, but all three were from well inside the box.

I would like to see Pitman given a chance against Forest simply because he seems to be more of an opportunist goalscorer, and his heading ability is superior to NM.

Ideally we need both of them on the pitch to maximise the goalscoring chances.

Nicky is a very good championship striker who would get in pretty much all of the teams in our league. I only watch Premier League football from a distance, but I do wonder if he has the qualities that seem to be required by many of the teams who play a lone striker in the top division.

The only pressure being heaped on Pitman is by people like you who will apparently not accept any criticism of Maynard whatsoever.

To defend him to the hilt you find it necessary to put down Pitman who has done absolutely nothing to deserve your sarcastic criticism.

Very difficult to understand why any City fan would have such an attitude to a player who has not only been so patient for his opportunities in the team but has never disappointed when given one.

No one should expect Pitman to hit hat tricks every game if he gets a run in the team, but what we do know is he will always have numerous goal attempts and score regularly at this level.

Hopefully fans like you will be as patient and understanding with Pitman when his time comes as you have been through Maynard's regular extended goal droughts including numerous missed chances and unsuccessful penalties.

Archived