IGNORED

Maynard

Robin101

He's undroppable because he's put best player. Don't take my word for it, take the word of a manager who isn't clueless, does know the game inside out and does rate him above Pitman.

You might well have known more about football than the previous 'gaffer' but I seriously doubt that you have anything on Derek. Whilst he is happy that Maynard is the best option for us then I am happy to agree with him.

Pitman would be in the side if he merited inclusion ahead of other available players......

Albert's our best player. Didn't Del say after his first match that 'Albert could play in any league in the world' - not sure he would say the same about NM.

We don't know he rates NM above Pitman as a goalscorer either, simply that he better fits the team with the current players available and the formation he is therefore forced to play.

He's also being played because he's in the shop window, that much became obvious during his protracted non scoring run and continues to be the case.

Interesting comparison between the two players.

I was at the game and Maynard had two attempts at goal that I remember, both from distance. The first went well wide (for a throw in!), the second brought a decent save from the keeper.

On a number of other occasions he tried to make space for himself around the edge of the box to try and get shots in.

As you say Pitman had three attempts at goal, none of which were on target, but all three were from well inside the box.

I would like to see Pitman given a chance against Forest simply because he seems to be more of an opportunist goalscorer, and his heading ability is superior to NM.

Ideally we need both of them on the pitch to maximise the goalscoring chances.

Nicky is a very good championship striker who would get in pretty much all of the teams in our league. I only watch Premier League football from a distance, but I do wonder if he has the qualities that seem to be required by many of the teams who play a lone striker in the top division.

I wasn't at the game and it's sometimes hard to tell from the commentary just how good the chances were.

The overhead kick sounded like a half chance at best and ended up well over the top. The header again didn't sound a good chance as such and ended up on the roof of the net, not sure how close. The back heel sounded like an impudent attempt that few would have even thought of, let alone attempted, and was very close to what would have been an outstanding equaliser.

So I don't know when you say all were within the box if you feel he could/should have done better with any of them or whether he in fact got into positions other strikers ( NM for instance) might not have, did well to even get the efforts in, and overall was unlucky not to make one of the chances pay.

Whatever the judgement on yesterday's efforts, Pitman does tend to get in an impressive number of shots and headers during his short cameo roles - you can literally guarantee he will do this when he comes on - and we know on another day he will get that equaliser, or goal to win the match.

Again, from the radio, I thought Maynard produced two good efforts in the 90 mins. as well as the almost comical mis hit you describe above.

You've got to get in dangerous positions in the box regularly to truly threaten the opponents goal and for me Pitman is always likely to do this more often than NM over 90 minutes.

He's undroppable because he's put best player. Don't take my word for it, take the word of a manager who isn't clueless, does know the game inside out and does rate him above Pitman.

You might well have known more about football than the previous 'gaffer' but I seriously doubt that you have anything on Derek. Whilst he is happy that Maynard is the best option for us then I am happy to agree with him.

Pitman would be in the side if he merited inclusion ahead of other available players......

Well I don't have the ear of DM like you appear to, can you provide a link to the statement where DM says Maynard is our best player?, I can't seem to find it.

You talk about pressure being heaped on Pitman, what about the pressure being heaped upon Maynard by the likes of you. To be honest I hope he goes in the january window, I for one am pissed off with the unsettling will he, won't he, can he, can't he.

and for the record nobody is undroppable I think that is very demeaning to our manager who you obviously like a lot and was trait that our last 2 managers had and had an effect on their demise (I don't include Coppell he was never our manager in my eyes).

The only pressure being heaped on Pitman is by people like you who will apparently not accept any criticism of Maynard whatsoever.

To defend him to the hilt you find it necessary to put down Pitman who has done absolutely nothing to deserve your sarcastic criticism.

Very difficult to understand why any City fan would have such an attitude to a player who has not only been so patient for his opportunities in the team but has never disappointed when given one.

No one should expect Pitman to hit hat tricks every game if he gets a run in the team, but what we do know is he will always have numerous goal attempts and score regularly at this level.

Hopefully fans like you will be as patient and understanding with Pitman when his time comes as you have been through Maynard's regular extended goal droughts including numerous missed chances and unsuccessful penalties.

Perhaps some feel the need to defend Maynard when he is faced with baseless accusations by a bitter, twisted and delusional section of our support.

Perhaps some feel that the pedestal Pitman has been placed on is nothing but a reflection of their contempt for Maynard for having ambition.

You've stated yourself that Maynard fits our formation better than Pitman. That should be where the argument ends but then some come along with accusations of lack of effort or respect for the club. These accusations are what causes rifts and arguments on here as they are figments of bitter imaginations.

Yesterday Maynard tracked back into his own 6 yard box in an attempt to stop Derby's first goal. That is not the action of a striker who does not care, and if not tracking back is a reflection of not caring then where are the accusations levelled at Brett? His tracking back is woeful. Not his job perhaps but in our current predicament we need all hands on deck...

I wonder whether Albert will be subjected to the same accusations when he realises he wants to challenge himself higher than mid-table in the championship? I mean his end product is as bad if not worse than Maynard when in 1 v 1 situations. In some games he looks like Ivan Sproules brother from another mother. Not a cause for concern because he's brilliant but should he reach the final year of his contract will he be lambasted for being lazy when he has his weekly stroll back to our half when he's knackered?

Maynard has scored 40+ goals in just over two and a half seasons for a mid-table at best side who have struggled for the most part of his time here... Why would he not consider his options in the hope of bettering himself?

Perhaps some feel the need to defend Maynard when he is faced with baseless accusations by a bitter, twisted and delusional section of our support.

Perhaps some feel that the pedestal Pitman has been placed on is nothing but a reflection of their contempt for Maynard for having ambition.

You've stated yourself that Maynard fits our formation better than Pitman. That should be where the argument ends but then some come along with accusations of lack of effort or respect for the club. These accusations are what causes rifts and arguments on here as they are figments of bitter imaginations.

Yesterday Maynard tracked back into his own 6 yard box in an attempt to stop Derby's first goal. That is not the action of a striker who does not care, and if not tracking back is a reflection of not caring then where are the accusations levelled at Brett? His tracking back is woeful. Not his job perhaps but in our current predicament we need all hands on deck...

I wonder whether Albert will be subjected to the same accusations when he realises he wants to challenge himself higher than mid-table in the championship? I mean his end product is as bad if not worse than Maynard when in 1 v 1 situations. In some games he looks like Ivan Sproules brother from another mother. Not a cause for concern because he's brilliant but should he reach the final year of his contract will he be lambasted for being lazy when he has his weekly stroll back to our half when he's knackered?

Maynard has scored 40+ goals in just over two and a half seasons for a mid-table at best side who have struggled for the most part of his time here... Why would he not consider his options in the hope of bettering himself?

The thing is Jordan with your first 2 sentences, you could substitute Maynards name for Pitman and vice versa and the same thing would hold true in other peoples opinions.

I wouldn't question Maynard's effort in any way yesterday, but he was very, very poor. The shot he had that went out for a throw in looked a half decent chance to me and should have been hitting the target. In his defence, a few minutes after that he turned his man very well and got a very good shot off from 20-25 yards. His hold up play was terrible though and the ball seemed to just be bouncing off him when the midfield played it into his feet. At his poorest he becomes very static and doesn't make the runs that he should be making to give our midfield an option. Many times yesterday Kilkenny looked up and Maynard was simply stationary standing on their centre half, this almost always led to Kilkenny either being caught on the ball, having to turn on himself and pass it backwards or smashing an aimless ball over the opposition left back, hoping for Albert to miraculously get there.

When Brett came on we barely had the ball, largely due to missing Cisse, and therefore had very little chance to show anything, but he did give us three examples of the instinctive type of player he is. The overhead kick and the little flick were not chances in any way, but Brett simply played the percentages, he also rose very well for the header.

I think we'd all like to see both of them start a game, but the way we played after Cisse went off yesterday does very much suggest that we can't really afford to play 442 at the moment. It's not as if Derby are a good team, they were poor. Very poor.

At the moment Maynard can obviously be excused the odd bad game, due to his recent run of form. I just hope we don't have a repeat of earlier in the season where he is allowed to play poorly week after week and still Brett doesn't get a sniff.

The thing is Jordan with your first 2 sentences, you could substitute Maynards name for Pitman and vice versa and the same thing would hold true in other peoples opinions.

What baseless accusations has Pitman faced? I've seen people say he looks stroppy, which he does...

I don't think there is one fan of this club that has a bad word to say about Brett. He's a top player, crowd pleaser and exciting finisher... But we're languishing and have to play a style that doesn't suit his play. He hasn't got the energy or pace to lead the line like Nicky has and that aspect is a huge part of how we play.

I don't think it's worth reshaping the entire team just to get Pitman into the side when his rival is just as good if not better and fits into the formation perfectly.

It'd be lovely if we could just get off Nicky's back seeing as he is our top goalscorer...

Are people still having kittens about Pitman and how is going to save us and that Maynard should be dropped?

Maynard 0 in 3

Pitman 0 in 5 ( from the bench)

Point is, neither is scoring, ( im not bothered about minutes on the pitch) from whatever service they are getting. People can moan and whinny all they want, but some of the theories on here are unbelievable. I'm gunna investin in tin foil just to be sure hahah

We should play James upfront and let that be the end of it? laughcont.gif

The last couple of games I've watched James has ended the game upfront....... James Wilson, what does that tell you?wink.gif

What baseless accusations has Pitman faced? I've seen people say he looks stroppy, which he does...

I don't think there is one fan of this club that has a bad word to say about Brett. He's a top player, crowd pleaser and exciting finisher... But we're languishing and have to play a style that doesn't suit his play. He hasn't got the energy or pace to lead the line like Nicky has and that aspect is a huge part of how we play.

I don't think it's worth reshaping the entire team just to get Pitman into the side when his rival is just as good if not better and fits into the formation perfectly.

It'd be lovely if we could just get off Nicky's back seeing as he is our top goalscorer...

'Pitman wants out'.

I don't see many if any people on Maynards back, because everybody knows how good he is, what I see is people questioning whether or not he is undroppable.

Honestly, all of this arguing about Maynard and Pitman is pointless.

If we want to get any money for Nicky if he decides to leave then he needs to be played, if he's not we'll get nothing for him and it'll be a waste so he needs to play. With Pitman he only has to wait a month to know his situation but in all honesty I cannot see him sitting around twiddling his thumbs right now. The most likely scenario is that he has already spoken to McInnes and knows the situation no matter what the Maynard outcome. Come the transfer period I can't see us not bringing people in, be it permanent or loans, so if Maynard goes and we don't have the personel to get the best out of Pitman I'm sure McInnes will have some players lined up to get the best out of Pitman.

We can argue all day and all night about who's the best player but it won't change anything and it won't put any light on the subject and the idea that McInnes, Maynard an Pitman are all unaware of the outcome of the January transfer period is laughable as no matter what offers are made etc McInnes is obviously going to have an idea of what he'll be doing and so will Pitman and Maynard.

Archived