IGNORED

Mcinnes Player Interview

Robbored

Very insightful interview from McInnes on Player.

'not acceptable' 'not at the races' are just two very blunt comments from our manager who was clearly very pissed off at the nature of todays defeat. He looked as if he could burst with anger. He was even very sharp with Adam Baker when replying to one question.

Glad I'm not on the coach back.................

'not acceptable' 'not at the races' are just two very blunt comments from our manager who was clearly very pissed off at the nature of todays defeat. He looked as if he could burst with anger. He was even very sharp with Adam Baker when replying to one question.

You're more used to driving them than sitting on them aren't you?

Today's result has been coming and we've definitely suffered a 'hangover' since the great win over Southampton.

We were below par against Watford and 'Boro and we're being punished for that.

McInnes would have targetted today's game and the next two (Cov and Forest) as games that we must pick up points in to move away from the relegation zone. IMO we need 4 points from the next two, we can't afford defeats that will draw us back into the bottom 3.

Hugely frustrating to go 1 up today and throw it away against a team that was in very poor form prior to today.

I wonder if a bit of complacency had set in, and McInnes must act quickly to cut that out.

As i said on another thread, if you read the transcript it could have been from Millens tenure. The key thing is, what response do we get from it. do we get Millen's response (nothing IMO) Johnson's hand grenade or will we see us bounce back?

Putting aside the home game v Brum (which really does not count as it was only 48 hours after Del Boy's appointment) then this is the first game under the new management when we have under-performed.

I was not there, but listening to the commentary on RB, Derby were poor and in fact they only had two shots on target, both of which went in.

To lose a game having been one - nil up away against a side who had lost at home the previous three games is not good enough.

If that resulted in Mcinnes being angry with the players, then good on him.

They deserve a bit of a bollocking for today.

Mcinnes will get them right for Sat v Forest I am certain.

Putting aside the home game v Brum (which really does not count as it was only 48 hours after Del Boy's appointment) then this is the first game under the new management when we have under-performed.

I was not there, but listening to the commentary on RB, Derby were poor and in fact they only had two shots on target, both of which went in.

To lose a game having been one - nil up away against a side who had lost at home the previous three games is not good enough.

If that resulted in Mcinnes being angry with the players, then good on him.

They deserve a bit of a bollocking for today.

Mcinnes will get them right for Sat v Forest I am certain.

I was there and would question why Cisse was taken off. We had scored an excellent counter attack type goal and had conceded a poor goal in reply.

Neither team was playing well and I thought Cisse was probably our best player and was the chief reason that up to the goal Derby had not had a shot on target that I can remember.

A draw would not have been a bad result for us, given our poor all round display, and I think that might well have been the result had Cisse stayed on the pitch, and the formation remained the same.

DM may well be a little angry with himself, but there is no question he will get more decisions right than wrong, and I think will perhaps have learned a little more about what needs improving in January after this defeat.

I would suggest that the Forest game is one that we must win, and hope to see both Pitman and Maynard start the game.

"He looked as if he could burst with anger."

Good, I'm glad we've got a manager who shows passion (unlike Millen).

He's clearly feeling as angry as some of the fans are, and will put things right.

Good manager - gives praise and credit when the team play well, and frank, constructive criticism when they don't.

Good, I'm glad we've got a manager who shows passion (unlike Millen).

He's clearly feeling as angry as some of the fans are, and will put things right.

Good manager - gives praise and credit when the team play well, and frank, constructive criticism when they don't.

I posted this thread because I was also impressed with his obvious frustration and the way City played and it was the first time we've seen him clearly upset with the teams performance. Very different from our previous three managers reaction to a poor display.

I get the impression that McInnes is bloke that you wouldn't want to upset.

I was there and would question why Cisse was taken off. We had scored an excellent counter attack type goal and had conceded a poor goal in reply.

Neither team was playing well and I thought Cisse was probably our best player and was the chief reason that up to the goal Derby had not had a shot on target that I can remember.

A draw would not have been a bad result for us, given our poor all round display, and I think that might well have been the result had Cisse stayed on the pitch, and the formation remained the same.

DM may well be a little angry with himself, but there is no question he will get more decisions right than wrong, and I think will perhaps have learned a little more about what needs improving in January after this defeat.

I would suggest that the Forest game is one that we must win, and hope to see both Pitman and Maynard start the game.

How do you square that circle, though?

If Pitman and Maynard both play then a four man midfield logically follows, but with Kilkenny in it that has only one tackler, you've just made the case to keep Kalifa in and I believe we cannot afford to be without the energy and industry of Elliott.

If he drops Woolford he then has no natural left sided width and clearly Albert will play.

That suggests the most likely to drop out for a 4-4-2 at home would still be Cisse........

How do you square that circle, though?

If Pitman and Maynard both play then a four man midfield logically follows, but with Kilkenny in it that has only one tackler, you've just made the case to keep Kalifa in and I believe we cannot afford to be without the energy and industry of Elliott.

If he drops Woolford he then has no natural left sided width and clearly Albert will play.

That suggests the most likely to drop out for a 4-4-2 at home would still be Cisse........

The issue is, in our current league position do we go for a win, i.e. leave Cisse out, or do we play safe, and protect the back 5 with him in?

I was speaking specifically about the Derby game, where at 1-1 I would have kept him on the pitch and settled for a draw, with the possibility of a breakaway goal winner from us.

Derby had just scored and their tails were up for the first time in the game, we then remove the one player who was capable of breaking up the play, it was a strange decision by Del in my opinion.

Has there been another occasion this season where Pitman has come on with the scores level to chase the win?

In truth I haven't a clue......I'm only a fansmile.gif

The issue is, in our current league position do we go for a win, i.e. leave Cisse out, or do we play safe, and protect the back 5 with him in?

I was speaking specifically about the Derby game, where at 1-1 I would have kept him on the pitch and settled for a draw, with the possibility of a breakaway goal winner from us.

Derby had just scored and their tails were up for the first time in the game, we then remove the one player who was capable of breaking up the play, it was a strange decision by Del in my opinion.

Has there been another occasion this season where Pitman has come on with the scores level to chase the win?

We could always think about 3-5-2 with, say, Wilson/Nyatanga; Skuse and Fontaine at the back. All reasonably quick to cover the breaks and allowing us Maynard and Pitman up front and the normal 5 in midfield.

Might be the answer, might be suicide. Who knows?

A Fergie type interview, saying the right thing to the media with an underlying look of anger on your face, be short with and abrupt with your answers but keep your TRUE feelings for the dressing room. Everybody will get the picture.

I like the fact he says "the goals reflect badly on all of us". Not looking to just shift the responsibility on to the players and obviously see's a poor performance as a reflection on his ability as well as the team.(Even better when you consider none of the players are his signings)

As Robbored said "not a happy bunny"

ITS one of those decisions where you look at it and think we can win this , so we need pits on to grab a goal and most likely to knock a ball down for that is marv so its simple choice who to replace marv or cissre.

del clearly thought derby were there for the taking and made that quite sensible choice, it doesnt always work out but positivity is better than negativity, unlucky del it was team that let you down not your fault.

A Fergie type interview, saying the right thing to the media with an underlying look of anger on your face, be short with and abrupt with your answers but keep your TRUE feelings for the dressing room. Everybody will get the picture.

Indeed. He doesn't say too much, but you're left in no doubt whatsoever that he isn't happy. As you say, Ferguson does it all the time, Dalglish too (must be a Scottish thing...)

Finally a manager who sees it like we do and then doesn't paper over the cracks. I've got time for any manager that tells it how it is. I hate all of the we were unlucky blah, blah, blah.... This is the first manager since Danny Wilson I have really, really taken to and if I'm honest I wasn't that excited when is name was being branded about. In Derek I trust.

P.s, Am I the only one who hates the "Del Boy" nickname?

We could always think about 3-5-2 with, say, Wilson/Nyatanga; Skuse and Fontaine at the back. All reasonably quick to cover the breaks and allowing us Maynard and Pitman up front and the normal 5 in midfield.

Might be the answer, might be suicide. Who knows?

Could work but would shackle Albert and whoever is on the left because we would be over run otherwise.

It's amazing how difficult it is to fit players into any formation because of how weak this squad really is.

Hopefully Murray Davidson will provide the answers as the all round midfielder we need.

Today's result has been coming and we've definitely suffered a 'hangover' since the great win over Southampton.

We were below par against Watford and 'Boro and we're being punished for that.

McInnes would have targetted today's game and the next two (Cov and Forest) as games that we must pick up points in to move away from the relegation zone. IMO we need 4 points from the next two, we can't afford defeats that will draw us back into the bottom 3.

Hugely frustrating to go 1 up today and throw it away against a team that was in very poor form prior to today.

I wonder if a bit of complacency had set in, and McInnes must act quickly to cut that out.

Dead right, the complacency was there at the Watford game. If they hadn't kicked one in their own net we would have lost that as well. The writing was on the wall. Middlesboro' was better but you can't stay lucky all the time and it was Boro's turn that day. Then somebody told them Derby weren't very good and so they sat back after taking the lead and let a 19 year old score his first goal. McInnes is clearly not used to this. Unfortunately we are. Let's hope he doesn't have to get used to it.

We still need 30 more points in the 2nd half of the season. The other teams in the same position as us are beginning to smell the coffee and doing something about it. Excellent wins for Ipswich, Portsmouth & Barnsley. Maybe it's the turns of Forest & Coventry to pull out that extra effort now. God help us if we keep the same attitude and they do.

As a keen gardener, I know that if a plant is ailing a session of ruthless winter pruning can often help!

Archived