IGNORED

Bradley Orr

bristolcitysweden

I thought he was pretty poor, defensively, at Millwall too.

Almost gave away a penalty in the first minute and it was his mistake ( Fontaine didn't help afterwards) that led to their goal.

Seems to me he's a bit mistake prone in a position where you can't afford to be.

He's had lots praise on here since moving to right back, some well deserved but plenty a bit over the top imo. He's had some good games, agreed, but some indifferent ones as well, and needs to reduce his frequent mistakes and culpability before I start to see him as the answer there.

In the long term, I'd like to see him concentrating on his original (debut) position of centre back - it seems to me he's got the qualities to succeed there, and it's the position he can most likely shine consistently.

Although being seen as a jack of all trades may have given him plenty of first team action over the years, he is truly, as yet, master of none.

I think he's been our most consistent defender (after Fonts) since moving there. Ironically, he was one of our worst midfielders - the position Millen preferred him in.

Imo Skuse is a far better all round footballer than Orr will ever be. He's far quicker, more positionally aware, a better tackler and far less hot headed. Orr's strenghth is his 90% effort and determination and that's taken him to a PL club where he is no doubt on a far fatter wedge than Skuse is. Then again Orr is not a regular first team player either.

No one will ever convince me that Orr is a better player than Skuse. Like I said earlier in this thread I was amazed that Orr signed for QPR. He got lucky considering his ability level.Either that or he has an agent to die for.

Couldn't care less that Skuse is a better footballer, Orr is a much better defender, and thats what he is at full back to do. He was fantastic for us. The day Skuse gets in team of the year at full back for the entire league is the day he can even come close to being as good a full back as Bradders was for us.

I thought he was pretty poor, defensively, at Millwall too.

Almost gave away a penalty in the first minute and it was his mistake ( Fontaine didn't help afterwards) that led to their goal.

that's very harsh IMO.

I think Skuse saved nyatanga bacon in the first minute , as it was him who misread the cross got under the ball and if it hadn't been for skuse Henderson has a free header. Great covering for me.

The second incident smashed the millwall player on the hand and the ref plays on, very unfortunate and to put that at Skuses door is unfair, like you say the defending after the handball was more shoddy!

Skuse had a solid game at millwall. Just proves depending on your agenda you can see what you want to see.

that's very harsh IMO.

I think Skuse saved nyatanga bacon in the first minute , as it was him who misread the cross got under the ball and if it hadn't been for skuse Henderson has a free header. Great covering for me.

The second incident smashed the millwall player on the hand and the ref plays on, very unfortunate and to put that at Skuses door is unfair, like you say the defending after the handball was more shoddy!

Skuse had a solid game at millwall. Just proves depending on your agenda you can see what you want to see.

Likewise you can always find excuses for a player, or put the blame on someone else, if you really like them.

I have no agenda against Skuse - he's a good all round footballer who imo needs to find his best position and I don't see him as the permanent answer at right back.

Archived