IGNORED

Bradley Orr

bristolcitysweden

no doubting his heart dolls, but there would have to be question marks over his technique. still, he has played more minutes in the premier league than I have though....

to be fair, I agree with you a little but I guess how can we question someones technique....when he is now where he is, and we are where we are.

Fair play to the lad, excellent all round defender who always gives 100%. Man, wwold love him back here

Sorry mate, but I actually laughed out loud when I read that.

Skuse is nowhere near a decent full back at this level - nowhere near the level that Orr attained. I always maintained that Orr had another couple of gears in him and could do better than playing for us.

He's on his way to proving it.

Skuse had potential once upon a time, but decided on the comfy life - unlike Orr who had a bit of amibition and drive about him. As a result he's making the most of the talent he has, which is a fraction of the talent that Skuse had and wasted.

I could see Skuse going the exact same way as Orr. Equally bad central midfielders, (actually as poor as I think Skuse is, he's better there) Skuse does have a chance to make it as a championship level full back. Bradley's not good enough for the Prem, that's why he's not playing too much, but he was smart enough to see his shortcomings and he worked as hard as he could at them. when I say smart, he wasn't being picked in Midfield, so he didn't have a choice. For some reason people kept picking Skuse and telling him he was good.

Skuse still thinks he's a central midfielder, and I've said this for years now, if he wants a serious career maximizing his abilities, he'll give up on that immediately.

Was also going to mention the age gap too, Skuse has time to get to Bradley Orr's level, but yeah I don't really want him learning in the championship...

Skuse is nowhere near a decent full back at this level - nowhere near the level that Orr attained. I always maintained that Orr had another couple of gears in him and could do better than playing for us.

Imo Skuse is a far better all round footballer than Orr will ever be. He's far quicker, more positionally aware, a better tackler and far less hot headed. Orr's strenghth is his 90% effort and determination and that's taken him to a PL club where he is no doubt on a far fatter wedge than Skuse is. Then again Orr is not a regular first team player either.

No one will ever convince me that Orr is a better player than Skuse. Like I said earlier in this thread I was amazed that Orr signed for QPR. He got lucky considering his ability level.Either that or he has an agent to die for.

One thing is for sure, no matter if you think brad was great or just a trier, we were a much better defensive unit with him in it. Not that he was a great defender (he didn't stay his feet enough to be a really good defender) but organisation wise, I think he played a huge role in that.

One thing is for sure, no matter if you think brad was great or just a trier, we were a much better defensive unit with him in it. Not that he was a great defender (he didn't stay his feet enough to be a really good defender) but organisation wise, I think he played a huge role in that.

I'm not criticising what Orr did when at City. He was an important part of Johnson's team and he was certainly a positive influence both on and off the pitch. That said, classy footballer he ain't, never was and never will be.

He's on his way to proving it.

Skuse had potential once upon a time, but decided on the comfy life - unlike Orr who had a bit of amibition and drive about him. As a result he's making the most of the talent he has, which is a fraction of the talent that Skuse had and wasted.

Totally agree with this... I also laughed out loud when I read that comment...

Bradley Orr is the best right back I've seen play for the club.

I hope for the sake of sanity that you never saw Gerry Sweeney play. If you never I can understand it. If you did then you know nothing about football !!!

No, I never had the pleasure of seeing sweeney play. I've been watching city since 94

Will always hold a special place in my heart for Brad. He is never going to be the best player in the world and he made the odd mistake, but he was great for us defensively. I cannot remember one afternoon that you could leave the game thinking the opposition winger had embarassed Orr.

More than that though he was human, just a normal bloke that happened to be a professional footballer. Always appreciated the fans and would never, ever hide.

Happy for him that he got to live out his childhood dream yesterday and I hope that he gets regular chance in the Premier League this season.

Can't dispute his 100% effort but his ability was very questionable.Skuse is far better right back. I was amazed when Orr got a move to QPR.

oh dear. Just seen derby's first goal....

Jamie Ward would never have got past bradley so easily.....

oh dear. Just seen derby's first goal....

Jamie Ward would never have got past bradley so easily.....

I know .... think Skuse has the potential to be ok and I wish him well but definitely a weak link, iMO. Also liked him with his hand up appealing for a ball that hadn't gone out - which lead to a good chance and the disallowed goal.

If Nicky Hunt had done that he would have been slaughtered, but most on here don't seem to see past Skuse beng a pleasant Bristolian lad.

I know .... think Skuse has the potential to be ok and I wish him well but definitely a weak link, iMO. Also liked him with his hand up appealing for a ball that hadn't gone out - which lead to a good chance and the disallowed goal.

If Nicky Hunt had done that he would have been slaughtered, but most on here don't seem to see past Skuse beng a pleasant Bristolian lad.

I would'nt go as far as to say he is a weak link - because he's still new to the position. But definately agree with the rest of your post - especially the last part.

Skuse has had some very good games at right back - to dismiss him as the weak link on the basis of one poor game is nuts. Also, I hardly think he was the only player on the pitch who underperformed on Saturday...

Skuse has been slaughtered on here all season for his performances in midfield, he has been very good since going right back ok he made a mistake it lead to a goal it happens as a defender he has been a big plus since McInnes came here and i disagree with you saying he is a weak link because of a couple of mistakes.

I agree that Skuse is a more talented footballer than Orr - but Orr has a million times more drive and ambition than Skuse and that gets you a long way in any walk of life. If Skuse had a fraction of Orr's attitude and application, he'd be in the Premier League.

As it is, it's the other way around.

It is but I'd rather have 10 players like Cole Skuse in my team than 10 like Bradley Orr.

I met Bradley Orr several times and he is a likable bloke. Very open, friendly and happy to chat with the fans. He was one of the few players who volunteered to do the SC xmas raffle pretty much straight after the game at short notice. He didn't just turn up, do the draw and then clear off. He and Lee Johnson stayed afterwards chatting to everyone for ages.

Skuse has had some very good games at right back - to dismiss him as the weak link on the basis of one poor game is nuts. Also, I hardly think he was the only player on the pitch who underperformed on Saturday...

I thought he was pretty poor, defensively, at Millwall too.

Almost gave away a penalty in the first minute and it was his mistake ( Fontaine didn't help afterwards) that led to their goal.

Seems to me he's a bit mistake prone in a position where you can't afford to be.

He's had lots praise on here since moving to right back, some well deserved but plenty a bit over the top imo. He's had some good games, agreed, but some indifferent ones as well, and needs to reduce his frequent mistakes and culpability before I start to see him as the answer there.

In the long term, I'd like to see him concentrating on his original (debut) position of centre back - it seems to me he's got the qualities to succeed there, and it's the position he can most likely shine consistently.

Although being seen as a jack of all trades may have given him plenty of first team action over the years, he is truly, as yet, master of none.

Archived