IGNORED

I Cannot Wait For The Forest Game - Predictions?

Andy082005

......something about playing these numptys that always makes it a game I look forward to. Even more so now, its a game we must win. The bottom four are starting to get cut off a little, so a win next week would really shove them in the brown stuff.

I'm 30 now, and genuinely cannot recall beating Forest in a game that actually matters.....long over due I say!!

3-1 City :englandsmile4wf:

Only a few years ago City & Forest were battling for promotion. Forest beat us up there & (I think) drew at AG. Despite that, City still went up though and Forest had to wait another year. I fully agree with earlier posts though; a win over Forest, especially up there, is way overdue.

BTW; win, draw or lose, are we going for a drink in the Amici wine bar afterwards? :innocent06:

......something about playing these numptys that always makes it a game I look forward to. Even more so now, its a game we must win. The bottom four are starting to get cut off a little, so a win next week would really shove them in the brown stuff.

I'm 30 now, and genuinely cannot recall beating Forest in a game that actually matters.....long over due I say!!

3-1 City :englandsmile4wf:

I agree, this game will tell us a lot about our new management team, we don't need to know anything about our current squad of players, we know how well and how poor they can play.

For the first time DM has a problem to process, does he stick with a formation that brought him early success and proved can work for us or does he go with his publicly favoured 4-4-2, if he does who does he sacrifice? from midfield, perhaps the injuries to Mcgivern and Killkenny might force his hand anyway.

For the record I have faith in this manager and I believe he will sort this out and ultimately bring us success.

I've seen us play forest a couple of times. The earliest I remember was when cloughie was manager. He had his green umbro jumper on, we were sat in the wedlock where the away fans now sit, collymore bagged a hat-trick irc, think we lost about 4-1, pretty sure the atyeo was still terraced and I believe the likes of Keane, crossley, chettle etc were playing. Anyone remember or can correct any details?

Only a few years ago City & Forest were battling for promotion. Forest beat us up there & (I think) drew at AG. Despite that, City still went up though and Forest had to wait another year. I fully agree with earlier posts though; a win over Forest, especially up there, is way overdue.

BTW; win, draw or lose, are we going for a drink in the Amici wine bar afterwards? :innocent06:

Remember going to the game up there - didn't we take something like 4200? I think that chasing a 1-0 deficit we threw Vasko up front (or was it McCombe?). One oddity from my POV was for once buying a half time draw ticket and being surprised to find out I had ticket number one. Trip home was hell - chair throwing incident at some cafe and a very slow mobile police road block for miles and miles.

If memory serves we later put them out of the JPT that year through a long-range overhead kick from Phil Jeavons.

Recently remember that Tyson tackle on Gerken (?), Billy Davies laughing and our own version of Arnold Schwarzeneger in goal for 10 minutes.

We definitely owe 'em one - 4-0 the City!

I've seen us play forest a couple of times. The earliest I remember was when cloughie was manager. He had his green umbro jumper on, we were sat in the wedlock where the away fans now sit, collymore bagged a hat-trick irc, think we lost about 4-1, pretty sure the atyeo was still terraced and I believe the likes of Keane, crossley, chettle etc were playing. Anyone remember or can correct any details?

I'm pretty sure Frank Clark was manager when Collymore scored his hat trick and they beat us 4-1. I remember Rob Edwards getting an equaliser that day and the open end and all parts of the then 22,000 capacity stadium being full and the crowd being given as 15,000 or something silly like that. And it pissed down.

I'm pretty sure Frank Clark was manager when Collymore scored his hat trick and they beat us 4-1. I remember Rob Edwards getting an equaliser that day and the open end and all parts of the then 22,000 capacity stadium being full and the crowd being given as 15,000 or something silly like that. And it pissed down.

I was quite young so some details are a bit shady. Can you remember what year it was? I remember them wearing a dodgy kit with labbatts on the front. I seem to remember the green jumper so perhaps Clark was wearing it.

I was quite young so some details are a bit shady. Can you remember what year it was? I remember them wearing a dodgy kit with labbatts on the front. I seem to remember the green jumper so perhaps Clark was wearing it.

It was the 28th December 1993 and the crowd was actually 20,725, so I stand corrected on that one. Collymore (2), Woan and Webb were the Forest scorers and Edwards replied for City. Frank Clark was their manager and Russell Osman ours. I'm not a statto, I got that from my 'Bristol City - A Modern History' book.

Cheers. Are the teams in the book? Did Keane play for them and was that Andy Llewelyn at right back who gave the ball away which then led to the collymore wonder goal?

City: Welch, Llewellyn, Scott, Munro, Bryant, Tinnion, Pennyfather, Brown, Robinson, Allison, Edwards

Forest: Crossley, Lyttle, Webb, Cooper, Chettle, Stone, Phillips, Gemmill, Bohinen, Collymore, Woan

It was the 28th December 1993 and the crowd was actually 20,725, so I stand corrected on that one. Collymore (2), Woan and Webb were the Forest scorers and Edwards replied for City. Frank Clark was their manager and Russell Osman ours. I'm not a statto, I got that from my 'Bristol City - A Modern History' book.

The crowd was higher than normal that day because the club were giving out vouchers for the Liverpool FA Cup game a couple of weeks later.

The crowd was higher than normal that day because the club were giving out vouchers for the Liverpool FA Cup game a couple of weeks later.

I thought that the vouchers were given out for the Wolves game a couple of weeks before and that this was just a typical high Christmas attendance? Plus it was Forest as opposition.

I thought that the vouchers were given out for the Wolves game a couple of weeks before and that this was just a typical high Christmas attendance? Plus it was Forest as opposition.

You are quite right and I stand corrected. We beat Wolves 2-1 if memory serves, Ian Brown may have got his only City goal that day (not the Stone Roses lead singer, before someone makes that quip) and David Kelly got his customary goal against us!

You are quite right and I stand corrected. We beat Wolves 2-1 if memory serves, Ian Brown may have got his only City goal that day (not the Stone Roses lead singer, before someone makes that quip) and David Kelly got his customary goal against us!

That's right and my memory of the Brown goal was that I laughed when he scored it so I think it was a bit of a hash of a goal. Terrible player but loads of endeavour was Brown.

A few Cup games against Forest in the 80's.

As well as the League Cup semi final, I won't forget the F.A. Cup match at the City ground in about '81.

City 1-0 up with a few minutes left ( Mabbutt?) then Forest equalised, and to rub salt in the wounds, Wallace scored a last gasp winner.

Cue mayhem as a group of Forest fans who had apparently been quiet and undetected in the middle of our packed corner section all match wildly celebrated the winner.

A few Cup games against Forest in the 80's.

As well as the League Cup semi final, I won't forget the F.A. Cup match at the City ground in about '81.

City 1-0 up with a few minutes left ( Mabbutt?) then Forest equalised, and to rub salt in the wounds, Wallace scored a last gasp winner.

Cue mayhem as a group of Forest fans who had apparently been quiet and undetected in the middle of our packed corner section all match wildly celebrated the winner.

Well Nogbad what I always notice about your posts is that you were at all of the games I was at, going back a long long way. As a kid I stood on the open end latterly flirted with the Dolman (I remember it being built) when I was a little older stood on the back rail of the East End for years and finally ended up in the Williams...Logistics is problem these days but I make it occasionally Millwall away this season being one...

Anyway I think I remember beating Forest 2-1 in either the late 60's or early 70's and John Galley getting one...However I have never seen us beat them (that I properly remember) and only properly remember the Freight Rover effort with the overhead kick under GJ

Defeats I can recollect well was losing 3-1 the season they won the league at the first attempt 78 I think! Archie Gemmel got one I'm pretty sure and they played us off the park..at AG

The cup defeats that you mention will all live long in the/my memory...The 4 Forest Numpties were stood right next to me and to be fare sang throughout the entire match, however it wasn;t obvious who they were supporting until the equalizer...A ******* awful penalty decision against our CB (Moller?) then the wallace winner and mayhem right in front of me...They got a right kicking and sorry PC brigade, deservedly so...Numpties...!

The League Cup defeat was a body blow after playing so well and Walshy had the chance to send us to the final...but the rest is history as they say

We lost 4-1min a cup tie up there a cracking OG by Andy Llewellyn about three weeks after we sold Bob Taylor and Jackie came into the side..

I got back for the game a few seasons ago when Grant Holt gave them a lead and Bradley pulled it back for us but all in all our/my record against them SUCKS

Good Luck to our boys next week the hoodoo will be broken one day and next Saturday would be a bloody great time to do it!!

It's been bloody painful for me not beating forest in all these years,half my family are forest so a much needed win will give me some ammo and recover some of the pain i have suffered in these baron years.

Summat about forest i really don't like,i'm looking forward to the game and im feeling positive 3-0 city :D

CTID

Archived