IGNORED

Claridge Last Night

Esmond Million's Bung

Did anyone hear his inane comment about Collinsons sending off for West Ham?.

He more or less said that he could understand why Collinson reacted like he did (raking the Reading players shins, studs up and then pushing him over for good measure) because the Reading player had been disrespectful. The Reading players offence was because he received the ball out wide without a West Ham player within 20 yds he trapped the ball and then pulled his socks up before passing it.

Claridge is a total **** and another so called pundit frightened of derailing the football gravy train.

He more or less said that he could understand why Collinson reacted like he did (raking the Reading players shins, studs up and then pushing him over for good measure) because the Reading player had been disrespectful. The Reading players offence was because he received the ball out wide without a West Ham player within 20 yds he trapped the ball and pulled his socks up before passing it.

Claridge is a total **** and another so called pundit frightened of derailing the football gravy train.

I think Claridge is a ****

Nutmegging an opponent could also be called disrespectful.

For me it was funny and entertaining and what the game is all about.

Disrespectful, cheating, diving and getting fellow pro's booked or sent off that's disrespectful.

Nutmegging is fairly different from the Kebe incident.

As funny as it may seem, I just don't think you should conduct yourself like that against your fellow pro's.

As for diving, I agree.

He more or less said that he could understand why Collinson reacted like he did (raking the Reading players shins, studs up and then pushing him over for good measure) because the Reading player had been disrespectful. The Reading players offence was because he received the ball out wide without a West Ham player within 20 yds he trapped the ball and then pulled his socks up before passing it.

I have to say that if Kebe did that and I was on the opposition I would have gone right through the **** as well. You don't do that kind of thing without expecting some kind of retribution and fair play to Collison for showing that a modern day footballer still cares if someone's taking the piss out of his team.

Claridge's comments about an English player not pulling that kind of stunt is spot on as well.

I have to say that if Kebe did that and I was on the opposition I would have gone right through the **** as well. You don't do that kind of thing without expecting some kind of retribution and fair play to Collison for showing that a modern day footballer still cares if someone's taking the piss out of his team.

Claridge's comments about an English player not pulling that kind of stunt is spot on as well.

The only person taking the piss out of his team was a) Collinson himself for getting sent off and b) West Ham as a team who left not one but two players unmarked (no one within 20 yds of them).

The Reading player was taking the piss.

If similar had been done here v the 76 squad half a team would have been sent off.

The only person taking the piss out of his team was a) Collinson himself for getting sent off and b) West Ham as a team who left not one but two players unmarked (no one within 20 yds of them).

I don't know what his manager said afterwards, but I'll bet whatever he said in public, that what he said in the dressing room was 'well done, son'. Kebe deserved it and I'm surprised that a man who's lived through the Gerry Gow era, and his ilk, thinks differently to that?

I don't know what his manager said afterwards, but I'll bet whatever he said in public, that what he said in the dressing room was 'well done, son'. Kebe deserved it and I'm surprised that a man who's lived through the Gerry Gow era, and his ilk, thinks differently to that?

Forgive me here, are West Ham going for promotion? or was it a cage fight?. They were already a goal down and a man down, so what use is Collinson doing back in the dressing room using up all of the hot water in the showers?.

Completely and utterly agree with this post. The guy took the piss and whilst the challenge could have ended up very very nasty, I understand where the red mist came from as I'd have probably done the same. Claridge was (on this occasion) giving his honest opinion and I applaud him for it.

Agree100% with Esmond's comments here. It was violence in the face of what sounds like a mild bit of sledging.

Those who go on about it being 'lack of respect' are using the same sort of non-argument as used by neanderthals who glass people in pubs for 'looking at them in a funny way'.

I don't condone what Collison did, I think it was a horrible challenge, but it's just passion in what is fast becoming a less passionate sport. Big Sam said the same - it wasn't acceptable but it happens when you're having the piss taken out of you and you're frustrated in a game. He was wrong to act on his frustration, but it doesn't surprise me that he did. Similarly, Kebe was being disrespectful but a lot of players wind opposition up, as do fans. Mocking opposition is part and parcel of football. It's a game and should be seen as fun. Mocking or not, it's just a laugh at the end of the day - no different to 'ole' and 'forking useless' chants. Bit of banter that a player snapped at.

If one of our players had done it I would find it funny, but also if someone was doing it against us I would want one of our players to go through him. The mistake that Collison made was getting sent off, should have waited for a chance where he could make a tackle that won the ball at the same time as putting one on Kebe.

It's not correct and certainly not clever, but if I was Collison yesterday I too would probably have saw red and went through Kebe after he was taking the piss. Similarly if I was Kebe and chose to showboat I would expect a few rough challenges.

The point one poster made about Muhammed Ali is a fair one, but when you are undoubtedly the best person in the world at what you do, you have more of a right to start mocking the opposition!

If one of our players had done it I would find it funny, but also if someone was doing it against us I would want one of our players to go through him. The mistake that Collison made was getting sent off, should have waited for a chance where he could make a tackle that won the ball at the same time as putting one on Kebe.

It's not correct and certainly not clever, but if I was Collison yesterday I too would probably have saw red and went through Kebe after he was taking the piss. Similarly if I was Kebe and chose to showboat I would expect a few rough challenges.

The point one poster made about Muhammed Ali is a fair one, but when you are undoubtedly the best person in the world at what you do, you have more of a right to start mocking the opposition!

A couple of fair points, I agree if Collinson felt the need for revenge he should have taken his retribution with a tackle (if at all) a booking might have been worth it (although I don't think so).

Your point about Muhammed Ali is mute because disrespect is disrespect even when you are the best in the world. Ronnie O'sullivan was once the best snooker player in the world but occasionally when he was not playing well right handed (normal) he would revert to playing left handed and be roundly criticised for disrespecting his opponent.

A couple of fair points, I agree if Collinson felt the need for revenge he should have taken his retribution with a tackle (if at all) a booking might have been worth it (although I don't think so).

Your point about Muhammed Ali is mute because disrespect is disrespect even when you are the best in the world. Ronnie O'sullivan was once the best snooker player in the world but occasionally when he was not playing well right handed (normal) he would revert to playing left handed and be roundly criticised for disrespecting his opponent.

I found the R O'S bashing hilarious, quite often he would beat an apponent while playing left handed, tells you more aboput the opponent than Ronnie. Sometimes you have to try something different. No disrespect from Rons's part.

As for Kebe, i mean it was a real quick pull up of the sock, if WHU were on their game he could not have done that. it was a good wake up call for WHU, Collison was an idiot, just made their game even harder. If someone can get so upset about someone pulling up a sock, then there is only one person with a Problem, and also a whole team with a problem for allowing Kebe time and space to do it.

Did'nt think it was even a yellow card. Read this and expected something terrible....

"raking the Reading players shins, studs up and then pushing him over for good measure" - Hardly! he may have kicked him and then a shove, nothing more!

Did'nt think it was even a yellow card. Read this and expected something terrible....

"raking the Reading players shins, studs up and then pushing him over for good measure" - Hardly! he may have kicked him and then a shove, nothing more!

So kicking and shoving someone off the ball isn't a sending off now?

Archived