IGNORED

Claridge Last Night

Esmond Million's Bung

and that's not a red card?.

So kicking and shoving someone off the ball isn't a sending off now?

no!! :facepalm: getting kicked is a part of football ( it was'nt off the ball, it was late)

The shove came from the momentum of running....

Foul yes? violent? no!

Contact sport?! It used to be!

no!! :facepalm: getting kicked is a part of football ( it was'nt off the ball, it was late)

Foul yes? violent? no!

Wow, that is some fairly woeful analysis.

It was premeditated and deliberate, not late. I'm all for contact but booting someone off the ball has NEVER had a place in any sport.

I found the R O'S bashing hilarious, quite often he would beat an apponent while playing left handed, tells you more aboput the opponent than Ronnie. Sometimes you have to try something different. No disrespect from Rons's part.

As for Kebe, i mean it was a real quick pull up of the sock, if WHU were on their game he could not have done that. it was a good wake up call for WHU, Collison was an idiot, just made their game even harder. If someone can get so upset about someone pulling up a sock, then there is only one person with a Problem, and also a whole team with a problem for allowing Kebe time and space to do it.

Ronnie O'sullivan perhaps could have and should have won more titles, but we would have missed some of the more spectacular entertaining play he is renown for.

There was a American golfer called Craig Wood, he played pro golf between the 1920's and 1950's. He ended up winning a couple of majors and quite a few tournaments, it is generally held that he could have and should have won many more.

He was really into betting with his opponent during tournaments. He would ask his opponent "what is the normal way to hit this green"?. The reply might be "driver and 9 iron". He would then place a bet with the opponent that he would play it the other way around and play 9 iron from the tee and a driver from the fairway and invariably putt for and gain a birdie. As the round went on he would even play a putter from the tee, a long iron and putt with his driver. He would even bet that he could hit a specific tree, bunker or other target.

Was this disrespect or a guy entertaining the huge gallery of fans following his game?.

Ronnie O'sullivan perhaps could have and should have won more titles, but we would have missed some of the more spectacular entertaining play he is renown for.

There was a American golfer called Craig Wood, he played pro golf between the 1920's and 1950's. He ended up winning a couple of majors and quite a few tournaments, it is generally held that he could have and should have won many more.

He was really into betting with his opponent during tournaments. He would ask his opponent "what is the normal way to hit this green"?. The reply might be "driver and 9 iron". He would then place a bet with the opponent that he would play it the other way around and play 9 iron from the tee and a driver from the fairway and invariably putt for and gain a birdie. As the round went on he would even play a putter from the tee, a long iron and putt with his driver. He would even bet that he could hit a specific tree, bunker or other target.

Was this disrespect or a guy entertaining the huge gallery of fans following his game?.

Entertainment, after all all sports men are in the entertainment industry, if ther was no supporters to entertain there would be no proffesional sport.

Agree there i have the a match of the day DVD from the Seventies, some of tackles were assault as simple as that great to watch though i would love to see the likes of Hunter marking Suraez for a game then again he be sent off after the first tackle.

Take a look how Uruaguayans play the game, they are Hatchet men, far worse than any so called hard men from the 70's, they are brutal, always have been always will be. Probably why the strikers dive before they get touched. Better to get out of the way form a Mad Uruaguayan centre back than be smashed.

South American tackling has been and always will be alot harder than English tackling, You need to go over there and take a look at the football before dismissing South Americans as Nancy boys, far from it.

Foul yes? violent? no!

Well Riaz, not for the first time you appear to be at odds with everybody even the pro's about the decision to send Collinson off, even Fat Sam said he had to go, I can't find anyone else with the view that he shouldn't have been sent off.

Well Riaz, not for the first time you appear to be at odds with everybody even the pro's about the decision to send Collinson off, even Fat Sam said he had to go, I can't find anyone else with the view that he shouldn't have been sent off.

In todays rules he had to go. A few years ago that would have probably warrented a yellow card

Well, maybe reading this thread before seeing the incident influenced my opinion.....

I was expecting a really disgusting challenge. What I saw on the highlights was'nt that bad.

Take a look how Uruaguayans play the game, they are Hatchet men, far worse than any so called hard men from the 70's, they are brutal, always have been always will be. Probably why the strikers dive before they get touched. Better to get out of the way form a Mad Uruaguayan centre back than be smashed.

South American tackling has been and always will be alot harder than English tackling, You need to go over there and take a look at the football before dismissing South Americans as Nancy boys, far from it.

I know about Uruaguyan football i remember when i was eight them kicking Scotland all over the pitch in the 86 World Cup, also where have i said there nancy boys just making an example if i said i would love to see Hunter kick Drogba all over the place i am not calling the Ivory Coast nancy boys.

I know about Uruaguyan football i remember when i was eight them kicking Scotland all over the pitch in the 86 World Cup, also where have i said there nancy boys just making an example if i said i would love to see Hunter kick Drogba all over the place i am not calling the Ivory Coast nancy boys.

I didn't say you called them nacy boys, I suggested this is what you meant bcause they would really complain if they were hit by a 70's Hard nut.

If you were not suggesting that players like Suarez should toughen up then I apologise, but that is what it looked like you were inferring, because you didn't memtion Drogba or Ivory coast at all in your post, just Suarez

Forgive me here, are West Ham going for promotion? or was it a cage fight?. They were already a goal down and a man down, so what use is Collinson doing back in the dressing room using up all of the hot water in the showers?.

They were two down in the last minute - the game was lost and Kebe was taking the piss. He got hurt as a result, but he would have been naive to think that he wasn't going to be dealt with for doing what he did.

To me it was the natural conclusion to Kebe's piss taking and it has been that way in football for years.

They were two down in the last minute - the game was lost and Kebe was taking the piss. He got hurt as a result, but he would have been naive to think that he wasn't going to be dealt with for doing what he did.

To me it was the natural conclusion to Kebe's piss taking and it has been that way in football for years.

Great, he got sent of with 2 minutes left and they were losing. No harm done then to his team and team mates

Just the 3 game suspension.

If he loses his cool when they are that situation 2 down game over he needs to get control of his temper. He has done no one any favours, and Kebe got the last laugh, pulled his socks up and got another promotion challenger player suspended.

Good job Kebe

Great, he got sent of with 2 minutes left and they were losing. No harm done then to his team and team mates

Just the 3 game suspension.

If he loses his cool when they are that situation 2 down game over he needs to get control of his temper. He has done no one any favours, and Kebe got the last laugh, pulled his socks up and got another promotion challenger player suspended.

Good job Kebe

Not a good job. Claridge was right. It's always wrong to take the piss out of a fellow pro. and it was totally unprovoked. I hope Kebe didn't have the last laugh and got a severe rollicking from his boss if not some of his wages docked.

Not a good job. Claridge was right. It's always wrong to take the piss out of a fellow pro. and it was totally unprovoked. I hope Kebe didn't have the last laugh and got a severe rollicking from his boss if not some of his wages docked.

He has done a cracking job of making WHU lose a player for 1-3 games. You can't buy that.

He has done somehing which any grown man should not really react to, especially in that situation. For christ sake, he didn't even waste any time.

Collison is a silly boy. Kebe won

He has done a cracking job of making WHU lose a player for 1-3 games. You can't buy that.

He has done somehing which any grown man should not really react to, especially in that situation. For christ sake, he didn't even waste any time.

Collison is a silly boy. Kebe won

Truth is they both should have known better but Kebe kicked it off

Truth is they both should have known better but Kebe kicked it off

He did, and it probably isn't right. But Collison has to grow up. I mean to boot and push someone for pulling up their socks, you have to be above that kind of thing. Now look what has happened WHU are without a player for matches. He was bloody stupid and pretty Juvenille to get wound up by that. I could expect that of a kid, but a grown man?

Not in modern football, since the Premier League started and sky has owned world football and the gravy train chugs on and on, football has changed forever however you, me or even my hero Gerry Gow want to remember it. Nowadays it's ok for players to go down like they have been shot by a sniper when clearly there has been no contact or minimal contact at best, players get booked and sent off for these acts of cheating and most people turn a blind eye because 'that's the modern game', the so called impartial pundits who are supposed to be honest in their comments also turn a blind eye for fear of derailing their wagon on the gravy train. Football has become a sport totally and utterly consumed by money, money that in most cases the clubs can't afford, I don't like it but many modern fans who have known nothing else think it's ok, you only have to look at match of the day to see all of the empty seats at many Premier League stadiums, I think many people are fed up with way football has become sanitised and the way that cheating although not publicly encouraged is certainly not publicly discouraged.

i'm not saying that I don't understand the emotion that led to the red mist, but for better or worse it is unacceptable in todays modern game.

Now pass the prawn sandwiches, the much maligned Roy Keane was absolutely correct there are far too many football fans these days who know nothing about football, about it's working class roots etc. and I suppose as in politics the public gets the government it deserves, the same can be said about football. Until more and more fans vote with their feet and also pull the plug on sky, believe football will get worse and worse and more and more sanitised.

Just imagine if the same referees and assistants who misguidedly send off players for little or nothing or because of a player cheating, had the power of sight when it came to corners and free kicks.

Having just had the misfortune to watch Chelsea cheats v Manc cheats, diving, injury feigning deliberately running into players who are just stood still and whilst on the subject of disrespect, disputing every decision, mouthing off to the referee and assistants. Perhaps if as some believe that Collinson was justified, perhaps referees and assistants should be allowed to take retribution against players who disrespect them (my god they'd have a lot to choose from), like dropping the nut on them, i've been convinced by all the arguments about taking revenge for disrespect as long as the referees are included.

Archived