IGNORED

Most Memorable/exciting City Goal...

KingswoodRed

My best ever City goal was Gerry Harrison against Charlton at the Gate in a league game in the early 90's. It was 1-1, last minute of the game and he thundered it in from well outside the box causing me to go mad in the east end..
I was about to mention that one!!! Ahhhh the good old east end!

Wasn't that the only goal he scored for us?

Not one goal as such, but back in the days when Mickey Bell could hit a great free kick (remember those?) he scored two absolute beauties inside two minutes, both from exactly the same spot. I think it was against Plymouth. Never seen it done before or since anywhere or by anyone

That was the first one to come to mind when I read the title - Shilton was in goal and JM was about 30 yards out when he let fly.
I think it was measure at 36 yards according to pitch stripes. I remeber thinking you'll never beat shilton form that dist..................Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

How about Norman Hunters free kick when ball boot and goalie all ended up in the net.

In no particular order:-

- Howard Pritchard v Swindon 83/84 - secured promotion from Div 4.

- Colin Gordon v Doncaster Rovers 87/88 - secured a play-off spot for caretaker manager Joe Jordan.

- Joe Royle - 78/79 - not a great goal (mis-kicked by his own admission) but toppled the mighty Liverpool at Ashton Gate.

- Louie Donowa v Bristol Rovers - saw it from the East End; couldn't speak for about a week afterwards!

- Rob Newman v Newport County - 35 yard volley in front of the East End. So fast in fact that both BBC and HTV West cameras almost missed it.

- Brian Tinnion v Liverpool - great goal. Souness resigned the next day.

Guest shakespeare red

Bob Taylor at swansea in the promotion season springs to mind, he scored a diving header at the far end and before we'd stopped celebrating he's lashed a volly in from 25 yards, pure class, we went on to win 5-0 chris honor on the sheet!!

the Bradford league cup quarter final, alan walsh scuffed one in in the first minute and we hung on for the rest of the game - also quality.

Archived