IGNORED

Wmp Vs Coventry Fans

Red Ferret

Coventry fans tried to protest against their board over the weekend.

This lead to police and stewards trying to take banners off the fans. Mayhem ensues.

Coventry v Derby

Personally I think both the fans and the police come out of it looking as equally bad as each other.

Although I think we can all agree that the sight of a policeman having his hat knocked off is always amusing.

Good to see fans not sitting back and taking crap from stewards/police...

why should the stewards be allowed to take banners, just because they are against the owner?!

Plus, watching this made me think, that seated stadiums are surely MORE dangerous, when incidents like this happen??!

Good to see fans not sitting back and taking crap from stewards/police...

why should the stewards be allowed to take banners, just because they are against the owner?!

Plus, watching this made me think, that seated stadiums are surely MORE dangerous, when incidents like this happen??!

Apparently the Banners were a "Fire Hazard" A bit like the flags they fly from the stadium then? :)

You have to be careful though, these flags can catch fire in the non smoking stadiums of today.

Much like why big george is banned, you see things catching on fire in the east end all the time.

Made me laugh! So true - you would literally be relying on a fellow fan setting light to the flag when it was above your head for the fire risk to materialise, given the smoking ban!

God we live in a nanny state and also a Police and Stewards state judging by that video. Why can't these people realise that by suppressing the noise of the fans you'll just make them louder?

Made me laugh! So true - you would literally be relying on a fellow fan setting light to the flag when it was above your head for the fire risk to materialise, given the smoking ban!

God we live in a nanny state and also a Police and Stewards state judging by that video. Why can't these people realise that by suppressing the noise of the fans you'll just make them louder?

To make it even worse, in big georges case its made from cameron balloons, so it would just melt instead.

If somebody behind you took their glasses off the sun could be magnified and the sign could catch.....

It's not so much a nanny state with the heavy handed knob heads. If this persecution from the police continues we're going to have to take matters into our own hands.

Apparently the Banners were a "Fire Hazard" A bit like the flags they fly from the stadium then? :)

If the club thinks these banners are a fire risk, also the clothes that the fans are wearing could be seen as a fire risk too. perhaps the fans should take there clothes off before they enter the stadium just incase they suddenly catch fire. my hat goes off to the coventry fans for sticking up for eachother. Once again the police and stewards are the problem at a football match. Should be a government enquiry into the police/stewards who cause trouble at games.

Maybe my attitude is wrong, but I absolutely loved this video.

Assuming all this kicked off just because Coventry fans wanted to voice their opinions and wave banners....then good on the ones who stepped up to the West Midlands Gestapo. Even three of them couldnt remove that one bloke.....even after trying to rough him up. Pathetic.

It certainly made me laugh anyway

Maybe my attitude is wrong, but I absolutely loved this video.

Assuming all this kicked off just because Coventry fans wanted to voice their opinions and wave banners....then good on the ones who stepped up to the West Midlands Gestapo. Even three of them couldnt remove that one bloke.....even after trying to rough him up. Pathetic.

It certainly made me laugh anyway

We didn't see what that first guy had done to deserve being thrown out, but seeing as they were content to just ask him to sit down initially, my bet was that he was just having his say. It seems the WMP were on red alert for "troublemakers" and completely over-reacted when he had the audacity to explain to them that he's allowed to have a rant about a situation if wants to. They ended up biting off more than they could chew with their bully boy tactics though.

So just to confirm: a flag made by Cameron Balloons is banned by the club because it's classed as a fire risk. You couldn't make it up!

Yes, thats the case, to be fair its nothing to do with the club, its the councils ruling.

Its allowed to be placed over the seats etc, but put over peoples heads is a big no no. I think they are worried it might catch fire when its above peoples heads, but its safe when tied over the seats...........

Yes, thats the case, to be fair its nothing to do with the club, its the councils ruling.

Its allowed to be placed over the seats etc, but put over peoples heads is a big no no. I think they are worried it might catch fire when its above peoples heads, but its safe when tied over the seats...........

In which case apologies to the club and the Council should hang there heads in shame instead.

I think you got to look at the police and understand their circumstances. A few of them against 100s of angry, potentially on the drink men. That guy could be giving his view but in an inappropriate way like swearing and giving abuse (and I know most people do it but at the end of the day it is wrong). The copper may just have asked him to sit down but then the guy may have turned around and called the copper a C***. That is against the law full stop. The coppers were in the right I feel. They didn't get the batons out or throw any punches.

The Stewards on the other hand were completely wrong. Taking away banners like that I feel was wrong.

The copper may just have asked him to sit down but then the guy may have turned around and called the copper a C***. That is against the law full stop. The coppers were in the right I feel. They didn't get the batons out or throw any punches.

You're just making that up - you don't know what he said. How can you say the police are right? Nonsense, in my experience they are usually in the wrong, especially when wearing silly helmets and wasting tax payers money at a football match. Why don't they go and catch some bag head burglers instead of pissing about like this?

You're just making that up - you don't know what he said. How can you say the police are right? Nonsense, in my experience they are usually in the wrong, especially when wearing silly helmets and wasting tax payers money at a football match. Why don't they go and catch some bag head burglers instead of pissing about like this?

Yes, it is a hypothetical situation but no one seems to think the coppers may actually be right. I feel the police do very well when footy turns nasty (in this country). Football would be crap without em as goodness knows what would happen.

That would be wrong to.

The guy was shouting about the copper not having his numbers on his uniform i think...read on the covo forum a couple of days back.

My opinion of the vid is that, it looked like he was trying to sit down and watch the rest of the game but they wouldn't let him be and made the situation worse, the funny thing in the video is the kid jumping up and down doing the w anchor sign on the chair at the back, useless balance.

A lot of police love doing the football on saturdays and pounce on the smallest bit of trouble.

Archived