IGNORED

Wmp Vs Coventry Fans

Red Ferret

Made I laugh how when the police were in the stand no one was interested , only when the police turned their backs to walk out the stand the hardcore started gesturing and giving it the big'un....

Typical football really. Lots of blokes old enough to know better behaving like kids. Lots of verbal and gesturing not much else.

Enjoyed that. Thank you Sir.

You're welcome - it's a good tune with a good message.

I think the police have historically got away with taking liberties against football fans as it was always their word against the fans. These days nearly everyone has a video camera on their phone and if the old bil are being out of order than it needs to be recorded.

Why's that then? Much police presence at the rugby?

Many idiots trying to start trouble at the rugby?

Simple maths, you can't be as bad at that as you are spelling surely?

Give me a few old bill and a decent atmosphere over that turgid rugby atmosphere any day. And for what it's worth, I agree with Kenn to a degree: the Police are antagonists and love to wind football fans up so they can nick them. I've seen situations like this unfold in front of my eyes on many occasions, so do your best not to patronise and discredit my opinion.

All grammar and punctuation in good order for you there, Jordan?

Give me a few old bill and a decent atmosphere over that turgid rugby atmosphere any day. And for what it's worth, I agree with Kenn to a degree: the Police are antagonists and love to wind football fans up so they can nick them. I've seen situations like this unfold in front of my eyes on many occasions, so do your best not to patronise and discredit my opinion.

Haha! Top post!

Why's that then? Much police presence at the rugby?

Many idiots trying to start trouble at the rugby?

Simple maths, you can't be as bad at that as you are spelling surely?

Does that give the police a mandate to treat ALL footy fans as criminals?

I've had a baton swung at my head on Winterstoke Rd & a police dog attack me in Greville Smith Park for trying to walk back home.

Nice punctuation and grammar Fred, I think master tansley was more worried with your spelling. It must be very annoying to him to make him mention it. So don't do it again, we wouldn't want to see master tansley do something he will regret, like get his red pen out and take your gold star away!

I remember that happening away to Cardiff at ninian, police came in and tried to nick someone and got pushed down the steps

I remember one at Brentford the ob came in our end to hike someone out on there way through the crowd one of the coppers lost his hat, he got his baton out and started twatting anything and everyone in his path the mistake he made was twatt some women on her head, then a surge of people battered the crap out of him the coppers mates made a hasty retreat not caring about there friend, while the agressive copper got out threw the advertising hoardings near the goal getting punched and pushed all the way out, about 10 mins later the hat was thrown onto the pitch as flat as a witches tit.

Nice punctuation and grammar Fred, I think master tansley was more worried with your spelling. It must be very annoying to him to make him mention it. So don't do it again, we wouldn't want to see master tansley do something he will regret, like get his red pen out and take your gold star away!

He sent me to bed with no tea last time my grammar and punctuation wasn't up to scratch.

I agree with your opinion, I've seen it myself and been very close to being assaulted by a police dog on the way home from a home match. My point had nothing to do with the police though, more the fact that there is a necessity for them to be there.

Would you agree that there is a necessity? I am the first to make a stink about the way you and I get treated at away matches in particular. I didn't defend their actions at matches, merely pointed out that if the louts didn't come to the football the police wouldn't need to be there.

I wouldn't want it to be like the Rugby for atmosphere either, but it seems there is an acceptance that to have a good atmosphere you have to have the violence? I don't think that's right.

My response to Kenn was influenced by his reaction to a recent thread about football violence... He seems to be rather supportive of those involved so to be called stupid by him is most insulting.

Does that give the police a mandate to treat ALL footy fans as criminals?

I've had a baton swung at my head on Winterstoke Rd & a police dog attack me in Greville Smith Park for trying to walk back home.

Again I agree with you. As I said above, I've been there and I don't like the way the police treat us like criminals... But is it the police who are to blame for their presence? or the people who make it necessary for them to be there?

You're a complete cock.

Thanks, I appreciate the correct use of "you're"

How can you come close to being assaulted by a dog? Bitten maybe.....

As for rugby fans being well behaved, it's a myth. Go in Cardiff after a 6 nations game. And I've seen far nastier situations at rugby league games than I have at football or a decade.

There is a common theme that runs through all 3 and mis-behaviour; alcohol. The same goes for town centres on a weekend. The difference is how the police approach and deal with those involved.

At rugby and in town they stand off and only get involved when it kicks off. At football they're very much the protagonist half the time.

The Coventry vid doesn't show what's happened before the incident, so doesn't possibly show the whole story, but nothing shown merits a man being grabbed by the throat after being antagonised by 3 coppers.

The police get away with it at football. They would be sued if it happened in everyday life.

The problem te clubs have is that if they refuse to have a police presence they might not get a licence.

How can you come close to being assaulted by a dog? Bitten maybe.....

As for rugby fans being well behaved, it's a myth. Go in Cardiff after a 6 nations game. And I've seen far nastier situations at rugby league games than I have at football or a decade.

There is a common theme that runs through all 3 and mis-behaviour; alcohol. The same goes for town centres on a weekend. The difference is how the police approach and deal with those involved.

At rugby and in town they stand off and only get involved when it kicks off. At football they're very much the protagonist half the time.

The Coventry vid doesn't show what's happened before the incident, so doesn't possibly show the whole story, but nothing shown merits a man being grabbed by the throat after being antagonised by 3 coppers.

The police get away with it at football. They would be sued if it happened in everyday life.

The problem te clubs have is that if they refuse to have a police presence they might not get a licence.

Bitten, Attacked, Assaulted... whatever. I agree with everything you say after though. My point remains though, Surely the difference in policing between the sports is fairly equal to the difference in behaviour whether that be in the past or present?

Times change. If you go into something expecting the worst outcome you'll probably end up finding that outcome.

The police need to move with the times, but then I guess they can't win. The riots in Tottenham in the summer spread be abuse the response wasn't robust enough. I'm fairly sure if there had been a robust response they would have been accused of being heavy handed.

It's time they took a step back from proactive policing at football and let fans either prove they can be trusted, or show that the police are needed.

Archived