IGNORED

Winterstoke Road Car Park Wall Painting Project

thatcham red

The following has been in a recent match day programme and email newsletter from the Supporters Club & Trust. However, I am just making sure that everyone who it may relate to gets to see it......:innocent06:

The Community Trust led project to decorate the the long wall between the back of the East End and the Winterstoke Road car park is now entering the next phase. The initial artwork was done by Bristol based urban art legend Inkie, with the whole project being overseen by City keeper David James, himself a keen artist. We are now calling on any City fans who have a talent in this area of street art and would like to play an active part in the next stage to get in touch with Amy Kington at the Community Trust.

There has been some interest already, so please put yourself forward if this is your thing and want to get involved.

Cheers

Stu

They want us to finish it?

How about covering the Inkie garbage in white and put something City related instead? a gallery of players e.g. Atyeo, Wedlock, Walshy, Murray, Tinns, Doc, Matty Hill, Maynard and at least six more come to mind.

Matt Hill? Is that a joke? Surely Barnard, Bell, Goodridge, Goater, Jacki would come over him. MATTY HILL? :shocking:

They want us to finish it?

How about covering the Inkie garbage in white and put something City related instead? a gallery of players e.g. Atyeo, Wedlock, Walshy, Murray, Tinns, Doc, Matty Hill, Maynard and at least six more come to mind.

This time City's history with the Robin and Suspension Bridge instead of self promotion.

If he was that bad why has he been given round applause every time he's come here? certainly not out of irony.

Matt hill is my favourite city player of the last 20 years, don't ask me why, probably his attitude, always played with a smile on his face, was always available, constantly covered " more able defenders" had a incredible leap and heading ability for a short guy. Strong, mobile, hard in the tackle. The bad points, couldn't pass for toffee, turned into a windmill on the edge of the box.

He was a cracking player as an out and out defender who has made a good living at a high level.

Conducted himself well on and off the pitch.

In my eyes earns his place on that wall more than most in our recent history.

Matt hill is my favourite city player of the last 20 years, don't ask me why, probably his attitude, always played with a smile on his face, was always available, constantly covered " more able defenders" had a incredible leap and heading ability for a short guy. Strong, mobile, hard in the tackle. The bad points, couldn't pass for toffee, turned into a windmill on the edge of the box.

He was a cracking player as an out and out defender who has made a good living at a high level.

Conducted himself well on and off the pitch.

In my eyes earns his place on that wall more than most in our recent history.

Best striker of a dead ball we've had in recent times too. I share TRL's opinion.

If your on about dead ball takers? I would go for Barnard or Bell. Cant remember Hill taking any?

Took lots of free kicks. Once I wrote Barnard's name I realised he probably took the best struck set pieces I've seen at City though, so maybe cancel that bit of my first post!

Took lots of free kicks. Once I wrote Barnard's name I realised he probably took the best struck set pieces I've seen at City though, so maybe cancel that bit of my first post!

Who do you think took the better Free kick Barnard or Bell? Im finding it a hard one to call

On the free kick front, it has to be Micky Bell for me.

Keep the ideas coming and thanks for passing on to any known artists.

Get the Bristol City Greats book, that would be a good start, get some stencils made from some of the photos in theri if the author or publishing company is amenable.

Definately need the Ashton gate 8 and I think a nice touch would Be Harry Dolman and His Wife Marina who has supported this club and been open to the fans for as long as I can remember.

Also maybe a part of it for players who may have died while in employment of this club.... Dean Horrix comes to mind immediately

Archived