IGNORED

Anyone Else Notice?

Esmond Million's Bung

It happens all the time in sport over here, particularly in baseball. There ARE lipreaders who will immediately convey any tactical info they see or hear from the opposition to their own coaches and players. In baseball, they will cover their mouths with the gloves when discussing tactics out on the mound.

Baseball also employs coded sign language between the catcher and pitcher before each pitch. The base coaches also use similar coded sign language on a constant basis.

That is, of course, if Terry was covering up tactical comments and not something else he might have been muttering........

It happens all the time in sport over here, particularly in baseball. There ARE lipreaders who will immediately convey any tactical info they see or hear from the opposition to their own coaches and players. In baseball, they will cover their mouths with the gloves when discussing tactics out on the mound.

Baseball also employs coded sign language between the catcher and pitcher before each pitch. The base coaches also use similar coded sign language on a constant basis.

That is, of course, if Terry was covering up tactical comments and not something else he might have been muttering........

I very much doubt it, football is very vocal, only time it isn't is hand signals at corners and free kicks, and to be honest, they shout codes to one another then.

I would guess it was for the benefit of the cameras.

Interesting the now have another camera angle of terry and Ferdinand that has been handed into the police today. I wonder what it will reveal!

My personal opinion is this:

John Terry is a loathsome individual, and by luck more than judgement our national team captain. If he is guilty of racial abuse, then he should be excluded from both club and country for a very long time. The co-incidental discovery of "extra footage" is neither here nor there. We all saw what he said and who he said it to.

Every player on that pitch must have heard his comments, and I'm no lip-reader but it was fairly explicit even to a casual observer. For the CPS to be involved must indicate that there is evidence to suggest a prosecution.

It's an indication of how low the game in this country has sunk when we tolerate a thug like JT as our national team captain. An adulterous racist is the skipper of our national team, and the figurehead for our assault on Euro 2012? He's a wrong 'un, from a family of wrong 'uns as far as I can see. He is trying to squirm out of these charges, as is his wont.

And lets face it, he's not exactly a world class centre half anyway. Jagielka shows more passion and commitment for England than JT ever has. The sooner he's banned (or jailed) the better.

Wilkinson (of the oval ball) used to do it all the time - it's either for the cameras, or so the other side can't see what he is talking about.

Try doing the same when you type 'bollocks', so the moderators can't see it.

tumbleweed.gif

i play rugby and we do it.

1 - so that the opposition can't lip read it

2 - it focuses the sound more towards the person you are talking to if they are a bit further away.

During the Chelski v Manc match that during the odd break in play Terry and other players covering their mouths so as 'lip readers' couldn't get what they were saying.

Yeah I noticed that.

Mata did it when he was chatting to Silva during a break in play. Makes you wonder what they were saying that they feel the need to cover their mouths.

John Terry is a loathsome individual, and by luck more than judgement our national team captain. If he is guilty of racial abuse, then he should be excluded from both club and country for a very long time. The co-incidental discovery of "extra footage" is neither here nor there. We all saw what he said and who he said it to.

Every player on that pitch must have heard his comments, and I'm no lip-reader but it was fairly explicit even to a casual observer. For the CPS to be involved must indicate that there is evidence to suggest a prosecution.

It's an indication of how low the game in this country has sunk when we tolerate a thug like JT as our national team captain. An adulterous racist is the skipper of our national team, and the figurehead for our assault on Euro 2012? He's a wrong 'un, from a family of wrong 'uns as far as I can see. He is trying to squirm out of these charges, as is his wont.

And lets face it, he's not exactly a world class centre half anyway. Jagielka shows more passion and commitment for England than JT ever has. The sooner he's banned (or jailed) the better.

Dont sugar coat it tell us how you really feel..:clapping: Completely agree with you!

99% correct.

I just don't think he is quite a good a footballer as you are making him out to be!

I'm not going to defend or attack the guy as I'm unaware of all the facts.

However, the point I'd like to make, is that there are certain words that when you look at the form the mouth makes, it looks like that person is swearing when actually they're speaking an everyday, non offensive word.

With this in mind, I'd not out too much emphasis on the "lip reading" evidence that is being presented.

I'm not going to defend or attack the guy as I'm unaware of all the facts.

However, the point I'd like to make, is that there are certain words that when you look at the form the mouth makes, it looks like that person is swearing when actually they're speaking an everyday, non offensive word.

With this in mind, I'd not out too much emphasis on the "lip reading" evidence that is being presented.

I think that perhaps they might actually be using lip reading experts, just a thought.

Perhaps the mouth covering is to make arrangements for the latest Premier League player jape, damaging cars in Newcastle.

Archived