IGNORED

Cisse

Tony Montana

When Cisse doesnt play, the whole teams standard drops. Kilkenny has to sit deep which limits his effectiveness as he cannot create as much when attacking, and the defence has no shield in front of them giving the other team a big gap to utilise and break into. It happened with Millen and now McInnes and i dont understand why Cisse is always the one to be dropped, imo it should be Adomah-Kilkenny-Cisse-Elliot-Pearson, how Woolford ever made it as a pro footballer i will never know, he is simply shocking !

For me its strange that Cisse dont play every game. Offcause I dont see the players every day. But imo Cisse is a good player. Friend with the ball and also can send very good passes. He is a very good footballer and I think he is a keyplayer in Bristol City. Sure he will play in next game.

Perhaps not, but he does offer balance, a decent platform etc.

Yes but the main critisism has been we settled for a draw (which following Derby was the intelligent thing to do)

We went for the win from kick off but individual performances weren't there and we didnt create much going forward.. It was still an interesting game with skilled defending and good tactics cancelling out the opposition..

I don't understand people saying that we are defensive with Cisse. We have no attacking options without Cisse because Kilkenny has to drop deep and play a Lee Johnson type role. Cisse does all of the hard work holding the midfield and protecting the back 4, meaning that defenders can bring the ball out, Kilkenny can get forward and put good balls through and we have half a chance of scoring. I was amazed to see Woolford in and Cisse dropped! Unless Cisse was not 100% fit then it was just a shocking decision from McInnes. Woolford isn't making an impact for us at all; his first touch is poor and he isn't bringing anything to the team, At half time I was expecting us to bring Cisse on or Pitman so we could try 4-4-2 at home to a poor side. We took Southampton apart, yet then felt the need to hang on for a draw against Forest. Hopefully the Manager has seen enough of Woolford now to realise that he isn't the answer and also that we are less creative without Cisse than with him.

I don't understand people saying that we are defensive with Cisse. We have no attacking options without Cisse because Kilkenny has to drop deep and play a Lee Johnson type role. Cisse does all of the hard work holding the midfield and protecting the back 4, meaning that defenders can bring the ball out, Kilkenny can get forward and put good balls through and we have half a chance of scoring. I was amazed to see Woolford in and Cisse dropped! Unless Cisse was not 100% fit then it was just a shocking decision from McInnes. Woolford isn't making an impact for us at all; his first touch is poor and he isn't bringing anything to the team, At half time I was expecting us to bring Cisse on or Pitman so we could try 4-4-2 at home to a poor side. We took Southampton apart, yet then felt the need to hang on for a draw against Forest. Hopefully the Manager has seen enough of Woolford now to realise that he isn't the answer and also that we are less creative without Cisse than with him.

Even though i agree with you, I'd give up trying to convince some people on this forum, they were at the back of the queue when logic was handed out

banghead.gif

hit the nail on the head there, Kilkenny was very ineffective because he was trying to play it from our own half which would be okay if we had another Kilkenny further up the field.I'd much rather see Adomah played just behind Maynard he will find more space here being able to pass to more of our players when stuck in trouble that out on the right. His Pace and trickery would also frighten other teams defence more in the centre then on the wing.now all we need to do is mould Cisse and Elliot into one player and we're sorted.

It was an attacking lineup, cisse offers nothing at all going forward...

Cisse is simply the best footballer in our team by a country mile.

You are sadly deluded if you think he brings nothing to attack. When he's on the pitch Elliot and Kilkenny are free to get forward. When he's not on the pitch (as per yesterday) both Elliot and Kilkenny have to drop deep.

So, in summary, playing Cisse is a very attacking option. I suspect he is carrying a knock which is why he isn't starting.

Cisse is simply the best footballer in our team by a country mile.

You are sadly deluded if you think he brings nothing to attack. When he's on the pitch Elliot and Kilkenny are free to get forward. When he's not on the pitch (as per yesterday) both Elliot and Kilkenny have to drop deep.

So, in summary, playing Cisse is a very attacking option. I suspect he is carrying a knock which is why he isn't starting.

Never said anything about his protection, though there is no actual reason why Kilkenny has to sit just because Cisse isn't.

I rate Cisse highly but I am right to say he offers nothing going forward. He personally doesn't.

Shame we can't find a midfielder who can do two jobs... Kilkenny can pass but can't tackle, defend or track back. Elliott can't pass but can tackle. Cisse knows how to defend but doesn't do much with the ball...

Just once can't we find a decent midfielder instead of all these 'half useful' buggers?

Cisse is our best allround midfielder. He can pass, tackle and gets about reasonably well. Ok he doesnt do much going forward but the manager clearly asks him to sit in front of the back 4. If he was asked to play further forward he would do a better job than Elliott IMO simply because he can control the ball and make a pass. BristolCitySweden yet again you are off your head...

Never said anything about his protection, though there is no actual reason why Kilkenny has to sit just because Cisse isn't.

I rate Cisse highly but I am right to say he offers nothing going forward. He personally doesn't.

Shame we can't find a midfielder who can do two jobs... Kilkenny can pass but can't tackle, defend or track back. Elliott can't pass but can tackle. Cisse knows how to defend but doesn't do much with the ball...

Just once can't we find a decent midfielder instead of all these 'half useful' buggers?

Football is a team game. If we play Cisse, we can attack more effectively.

Archived