IGNORED

Where Have They Gone ?

Red Robin

Where is the team that played Southampton of the park.

That was not acceptable today,I can't really remember their keeper having to make three saves.

One thing I noticed when Brett came on we looked more dangerous up front.

Dels tactics seemed strange today.

You could sence that the side was not set up right after 20 minutes of play.however nothing changed untill midway through the second half.

The last four games Boro,Watford,

Derby,and Forest a total 2 points from 12 is poor in anybody's book.

Today did remind me how we played under Milly,now that is concerning.

Del is going to need all his experiance over the coming weeks to turn us round.

The bottom line is playing one up front,you stop the provider Adomah which teams are doing with two marking him then the goals will dry up,Maynard is not the answer on his own,again a poor performance today some how Del has to get another striker on the pitch,preferably pitman or Stead.

Simply one up front is not going to take us to safety.

Let the debate start.

Where is the team that played Southampton of the park.

That was not acceptable today,I can't really remember their keeper having to make three saves.

One thing I noticed when Brett came on we looked more dangerous up front.

Dels tactics seemed strange today.

You could sence that the side was not set up right after 20 minutes of play.however nothing changed untill midway through the second half.

The last four games Boro,Watford,

Derby,and Forest a total 2 points from 12 is poor in anybody's book.

Today did remind me how we played under Milly,now that is concerning.

Del is going to need all his experiance over the coming weeks to turn us round.

The bottom line is playing one up front,you stop the provider Adomah which teams are doing with two marking him then the goals will dry up,Maynard is not the answer on his own,again a poor performance today some how Del has to get another striker on the pitch,preferably pitman or Stead.

Simply one up front is not going to take us to safety.

Let the debate start.

As long as we haven't got a central defence that can stand by themselves we need to play two non footballers in a three man central midfield losing out on a forward

i think the players have switched off after the So'ton result - maybe think they don't need to try as much as they'll be okay regardless? They need to have it drilled into them that the job isn't anywhere near done, IMO Pitman NEEDS to start soon, he'll be hungry for the start and he's a natural goalscorer and we need goals!!

Got to agree with Mr sweden. But that can be said for most British footballers. The basic technique is not there. Pisspoor training in the UK. Of course we can get away with it at our level.

Most footballers are tactically thick and constantly make the wrong decisions. That is why so few make the top level, technique wise most British players are on the same playing field. It's the decision making that make the difference between a championship player and a prem player. Unfortunately we have a lot of thick triers.

Harsh but true.

Diagonal long-balls were the killer today. I must've counted about 10, two from Nyatanga straight out of play, several from Kilkenny easily dealt with by Cunningham, and the rest ran too long, I remember one actually reaching Albert, but that's it. We tried it FAR too many times, and it wasn't working, we needed more movement in the middle of the pitch, one player could've filled the role that both Woolford and Pearson were playing, they were both poor, and then we could've had Cisse (freeing Kilkenny) or Pitman in the side.

I think we've been found out. Opponents do their homework and if they double up on Albert and restrict Killa to only having time on the ball in a deeper position then we have little to offer.

Few threats come from the left as McGivern can't seem to put in a decent cross and Woolford and Pearson in truth offer very little threat either.

Centrally Maynard is too easily brushed of the ball and can't win much in the air, so our options are very limited with the players selected.

We need more attacking options and more than one player who can run at and get behind the defence.

What I would l would like to know is, Albert constantly pulls 2 or 3 players to him. Why are we not exploiting the space?

Sweden is right in what he is saying, they don't know how to play football, well they do, but not correctly and at the right times. The space we have sometimes and fail to utilise it is staggering.

The game is easy from the stands...

The game is easier on the pitch if the basics are right. But I think many of us just put up with the way we as a nation play football, because that is the way we have always played it.

I expect Sweden gets slightly annoyed watching his chosen English side because he comes from a country where technique is better, making the basics of the game even more annoying to watch.

I'd love to know what ole thinks of English technique seeing he comes from Portugal.

You can move as much as you like if you don't know how to play football

Modern Football is pass and move, when i was young it was lump it forward, get the tackles in, now the academeys are about pass and move, love the ball, now in England 8v8 on smaller pitches until u13, that's the way forward, that's what Spain done and look at them now.

Modern Football is pass and move, when i was young it was lump it forward, get the tackles in, now the academeys are about pass and move, love the ball, now in England 8v8 on smaller pitches until u13, that's the way forward, that's what Spain done and look at them now.

It is starting to go that way, unfortunately the talent scouts at football clubs still look for the bigger taller players with pace, there are lots of far more talented players out there which never make it as a pro because of this stupid outdated mentality which is still prevelant in our clubs. Thank god for wenger. Unfortunately he doesn't get many British players as they simply are not there.

Pass and move is all well and good, but youngsters need to know how to keep and control a ball before passing and moving, once they are fully comfortable with a ball at their feet, then move on to pass and move. This is where we are decades behind the rest of Europe.

What I would l would like to know is, Albert constantly pulls 2 or 3 players to him. Why are we not exploiting the space?

Sweden is right in what he is saying, they don't know how to play football, well they do, but not correctly and at the right times. The space we have sometimes and fail to utilise it is staggering.

Diagonal long-balls were the killer today. I must've counted about 10, two from Nyatanga straight out of play, several from Kilkenny easily dealt with by Cunningham, and the rest ran too long, I remember one actually reaching Albert, but that's it. We tried it FAR too many times, and it wasn't working, we needed more movement in the middle of the pitch, one player could've filled the role that both Woolford and Pearson were playing, they were both poor, and then we could've had Cisse (freeing Kilkenny) or Pitman in the side.

This is the problem- I remember early in the season though, we did it- vs sides with big commanding central defenders- just brainless and defied logic. Best way of tactics is to play to your strengths in order to exploit the opposition weaknesses- logically, big defenders will dislike pace and movement.

Archived