IGNORED

Booing

steviestevieneville

I drive 30 minutes to The train station.....then 1 hour on the train to Victoria Coach Station.....then 2.5 hours coach to Bristol....then45 minutes walk to the stadium..........that's 4 hours 45 x2 to see City then come home again.......To watch that complete and utter SHIT. I can boo if i want.

I drive 30 minutes to The train station.....then 1 hour on the train to Victoria Coach Station.....then 2.5 hours coach to Bristol....then45 minutes walk to the stadium..........that's 4 hours 45 x2 to see City then come home again.......To watch that complete and utter SHIT. I can boo if i want.

the same people booing is probably the same people sat behind me in the dolman that cheered when maynard went off! some people are pathetic!

we can't win every game so expect some rubbish games this is the same for nearly every football team on the planet!

as for maynard i thought he was a little isolated but played ok,he worked very hard for the team but without reward.just cus he is a striker don't expect him to score every game!its amazing how some people see the game so different...

CTID

Great post.

I feel for you mate. It's bad enough having to travel from Melksham to watch that shite but your trip is beyond the call of duty.

Sticking 10 men behind he ball and leaving Maynard isolated at home to a crap forest side is not the way to win over the fans!

You must wonder why you bother sometimes!!

Great post.

I feel for you mate. It's bad enough having to travel from Melksham to watch that shite but your trip is beyond the call of duty.

Sticking 10 men behind he ball and leaving Maynard isolated at home to a crap forest side is not the way to win over the fans!

You must wonder why you bother sometimes!!

Nothing wrong booing at the end of a game, you pay your money, if you think you have been short changed boo. At the end of the day it is a entertainment industry, many people forget that and think its okay to put up with any old crap being played.

I do think booing should be left until the end of the game though, does no one any favours during the game.

Agree with both bangers and melksham.

Must admit I thought todays game was one of the worst if not THE worst I have seen in forty plus years of watching the City??? Bottom line is that Forest are no better than a pub team (five central defenders out before the game and then one of the remaining having to go off after 20 minutes) and we couldnt beat them?

MacInnes has a mountain to climb both ON the pitch and OFF.

Must admit I thought todays game was one of the worst if not THE worst I have seen in forty plus years of watching the City??? Bottom line is that Forest are no better than a pub team (five central defenders out before the game and then one of the remaining having to go off after 20 minutes) and we couldnt beat them?

dont think it can be the worst we didnt lose :innocent06:

We were poor today against a second rate side. Very dissapointing and certainly Mcinnes has a mountain to climb to keep us in the NPC (which I think he will do)

BUT, as a matter of principle, as a supporter, I never EVER boo our team (or any individual player) and I was disgusted to hear a minority of fans doing that today after the final whistle.

For me, after a less than impressive performance, the thing to do is simply not clap them off ( as I did, or rather did not, today).

That's enough to get the message over to the players and the manager.

As if they need reminding. They know when they have under-performed.

In their defence I will say that Forest's very high back four line today + the way they snuffed out Albert did for us.

Final thought - although Maynard won a few balls humped to him in the air today (for a change) I thought he did not really look up for it today.

I think his mind is definitely on a move.

Personally I don't think he is physically strong enough to make it in the Prem, but if one of those clubs come in for him in January with a reasonable offfer, I think we should let him go and bring in Brett Pitman as our main striker.

Having said that, after he came on today, BP gave away possesion several times. But, with the right service, I still think he could do for us what he did for Bournemouth.

Must admit I thought todays game was one of the worst if not THE worst I have seen in forty plus years of watching the City???

Dear god....... you must be blind. If you honestly reckon tha'ts the worst you've seen them play in 40 years Il'd like to know the other game you saw......

Tit

We were poor today against a second rate side. Very dissapointing and certainly Mcinnes has a mountain to climb to keep us in the NPC (which I think he will do)

BUT, as a matter of principle, as a supporter, I never EVER boo our team (or any individual player) and I was disgusted to hear a minority of fans doing that today after the final whistle.

For me, after a less than impressive performance, the thing to do is simply not clap them off ( as I did, or rather did not, today).

That's enough to get the message over to the players and the manager.

As if they need reminding. They know when they have under-performed.

In their defence I will say that Forest's very high back four line today + the way they snuffed out Albert did for us.

Final thought - although Maynard won a few balls humped to him in the air today (for a change) I thought he did not really look up for it today.

I think his mind is definitely on a move.

Personally I don't think he is physically strong enough to make it in the Prem, but if one of those clubs come in for him in January with a reasonable offfer, I think we should let him go and bring in Brett Pitman as our main striker.

Having said that, after he came on today, BP gave away possesion several times. But, with the right service, I still think he could do for us what he did for Bournemouth.

Agreed but why not drop Maynard now? He wants out, Pitman wants to play. Who is likely to be more motivated? When Millen was still here Colin said we had given Maynard 2 weeks to make up his mind. Yet we are told talks are still ongoing; what on earth is left to discuss? Time to draw a line, stop grovelling and pick players whose mind is not elsewhere.

Well the "obvious replacement" was awful yesterday and our good spell in the second half was down to Maynard.

Elliot wouldn't have got his shot (out best chance) on target if Maynard hadn't made a very intelligent run to create the space. We need to encourage Nicky to make more of those runs and get kilkenny further forward so Nicky can run onto the ball instead of receiving it with his back to goal.

I think that City put up quite a poor show compared to their latest matches. :sign09: Maynard was isolated up front, and we were too protective of our goal. We hardly got any shots near goal and no shots challenged the keeper. That said, James in goal put in a good effort, and made some crucial saves. Overral,I think that City need to challenge more upfront, by taking larger risks. :dunno::excl: In any case booing your side is unacceptable. :englandsmile4wf:

:colder::xmas: Merry Christmas

Nothing wrong booing at the end of a game, you pay your money, if you think you have been short changed boo. At the end of the day it is a entertainment industry, many people forget that and think its okay to put up with any old crap being played.

I do think booing should be left until the end of the game though, does no one any favours during the game.

Agree with both bangers and melksham.

I hope City do well...I've supported them all my life.

Now...I've become a follower.

I follow their progress through the forum, websites and media. So by that theory i'm not a supporter anymore. A supporter in my mind is someone who goes to the games.

It's not just City...but Football in general. I've lost complete interest. I'll read the results in the papers, but's that just about it these days.

I really can't be arsed to go anymore.

I don't find it entertaining, or good value, or worth the effort to get their.

I've found more enjoyable things to do with my time and money.

Unfortunately, I fear I'm not the only one. I know of many other people who are now doing the same thing.

Football and City are no longer that important in our lives anymore.

One day i hope the feeling of wanting to go again returns...and i find the passion again.

Someone mentioned Glory hunters earlier in the thread. I don't think that can be related to City. We've never achieved anything.

Tbh...I've never known so much apathy surrounding the Club and football as i have right now.

Passion and fun was prevalent when we were in League 1. So it's not just about League status.

In all honesty, apart from the first two seasons up, can you really honestly say the Entertainment and football on show gave you more pleasure than when we were playing in League 1?

I don't want City to go backwards...I want success for the Club.

But it seems to me that success has to be achieved at the expense of entertainment and enjoyment.

Relegation is not something we can afford. It's the same for most Clubs.

So... they all shut up shop, and it makes for boring football.

Good luck to anyone who continues supporting the Club...fair play to you. It's not easy in these times of uncertainty.

And i hope Del gets the team safe this season and finds a formula of playing entertaining football in the future.

Really? Where were you at the beginning of the season?

I hope City do well...I've supported them all my life.

Now...I've become a follower.

I follow their progress through the forum, websites and media. So by that theory i'm not a supporter anymore. A supporter in my mind is someone who goes to the games.

It's not just City...but Football in general. I've lost complete interest. I'll read the results in the papers, but's that just about it these days.

I really can't be arsed to go anymore.

I don't find it entertaining, or good value, or worth the effort to get their.

I've found more enjoyable things to do with my time and money.

Unfortunately, I fear I'm not the only one. I know of many other people who are now doing the same thing.

Football and City are no longer that important in our lives anymore.

One day i hope the feeling of wanting to go again returns...and i find the passion again.

Someone mentioned Glory hunters earlier in the thread. I don't think that can be related to City. We've never achieved anything.

Tbh...I've never known so much apathy surrounding the Club and football as i have right now.

Passion and fun was prevalent when we were in League 1. So it's not just about League status.

In all honesty, apart from the first two seasons up, can you really honestly say the Entertainment and football on show gave you more pleasure than when we were playing in League 1?

I don't want City to go backwards...I want success for the Club.

But it seems to me that success has to be achieved at the expense of entertainment and enjoyment.

Relegation is not something we can afford. It's the same for most Clubs.

So... they all shut up shop, and it makes for boring football.

Good luck to anyone who continues supporting the Club...fair play to you. It's not easy in these times of uncertainty.

And i hope Del gets the team safe this season and finds a formula of playing entertaining football in the future.

Yes 100% the ground was dead a divsion down. I dont rememeber much passion ashton gate was noted for its dire atmosphere. I can remember entire games where there was no effort to get behind the team very different now. yesterday despite the grim football the EE created another cracking atmosphere second half.

Never known so much apathy surrounding the Club!!! A lot of the lads around the EE put that statement to shame mate.

Yes 100% the ground was dead a divsion down. I dont rememeber much passion ashton gate was noted for its dire atmosphere. I can remember entire games where there was no effort to get behind the team very different now. yesterday despite the grim football the EE created another cracking atmosphere second half.

Never known so much apathy surrounding the Club!!! A lot of the lads around the EE put that statement to shame mate.

And long may it continue...

If there are people prepared to Support the Club right now, then fair play.

I can only go by my own experiences and the people i associate with. Many like me, have followed for years...but have now stopped going.

Yes...I have become apathetic and so have many of my friends and aquantencies.

I applaud all those who make the effort to go now.

City have given me many years of pleasure over the years, and i've followed them through the 70's, 80's and 90's...right up to this year.

It has nothing to do with our league position. Just football in general. I've lost the passion for it.

Like i said...hopefully that passion will return one day. It's not a divorse...just a seperation at the moment. ;)

Well the "obvious replacement" was awful yesterday and our good spell in the second half was down to Maynard.

Elliot wouldn't have got his shot (out best chance) on target if Maynard hadn't made a very intelligent run to create the space. We need to encourage Nicky to make more of those runs and get kilkenny further forward so Nicky can run onto the ball instead of receiving it with his back to goal.

I do not question Maynard's ability (though judging by the apparent total lack of interest from the Prem in the transfer window he may not get his chance there until he is out of contract and low risk) but I do question picking any player who makes it clear he does want to play for the club. As to Pitman by all means write him off on the basis of a sub appearance but Derek has made it clear he is happy for him to be Maynard's replacement. His goals to games ratio certainly justifies him being given that chance.

I see by the way that Swansea, one of the clubs alleged to want him, are looking to sign a striker from Ireland. That appears to eliminate one option, assuming it wasn't invented by his agent in the first place.:innocent06:

Archived