IGNORED

Mcinnes Is Looking At Strikers As Well.

DaveF

We did not ask Forest any questions because they were the better side. We should strengthen our footballing ability rather going for presence as long as this is not a short term solution because of Steads (played a full game for the reservs last week) and Taylors injuries

Bang on there Tommy, we should be concentrating on improving the weaker side of our game, midfield and defence. Get a quality centre half and a quality midfielder in over another striker. We are good enough up front, if we want different options to play we should be looking at a better standard of midfielder. We have an abundance of holding players, what we don't have is 2 real footballers in the middle of the park. I would rather we shell out 1-2 million each on midfielders and defenders than bring in another striker. Maynard, Pitman, Stead, Clarkson, Taylor are strong enough for at least upper mid tabled finishes. I can't remember a City manager ever spending big on a midfielder when that's the area the majority of the game is.

This is not a moan at Mcinnes but I can't see why we need to bring in another striker, when the majority of this division will have an inferior strikeforce to us already. There's more than enough goals in this side, we just don't have a good enough midfield.

Should have played Ivan Sproule up front all season :laughcont:

Funny how Maynards best season was alongside a pacey striker named Haynes who took away defenders with his pace if we get a decent right winger or Bolaise improves and can play on the right too wouldn't be suprised to see adomah upfront with Maynard or pitman.

Though having said that I wouldn't mind a championship standard of Enoch Showumni.

Not cause, encourage.

If Stead had been on the pitch Saturday, those passes along the back line would all have been lumped forward earlier and 9.8/10 times we'd have had possession turned over and been under pressure again.

You need movement, confidence and players to travel with the ball until an opportunity opens up. If you add a strong centre forward to that, fine. If you add one to a side with no movement lacking confidence and not travelling with the ball, hand out neck braces.

This is a very good point but everyone is making huge assumptions about-

A) What he meant by the term "Physical Presence" and

B) The type of football we'd play should we have someone in the mould of Jon Parkin (for example, don't shoot me for that one first name that came to mind)

Pitman and Maynard are goalscorers, maybe he just wants someone to unsettle defences and take centre backs out of the game?

Lets let him show us

Archived