IGNORED

Mcinnes Is Looking At Strikers As Well.

DaveF

Oh my god, dear lord, another striker.

People of Bristol, hear me now, there is a player out there who can create goals, spot intelligent runs from wide players and strikers, strike a dead ball, he is very much a known being in other parts of the country, he is called a creative midfielder. This "creative" being was last seen in Bristol going by the name of Paul of Hartley. Creative midfielders have strange powers, they can appear lazy, but in a instant, spot a pass to light up a game, these strange beings can use their feet to pass the ball, not just run about for 90 minutes. They may be expensive to buy if you can find one, but often when in tandem with a good mobile striker, will be worth their weight in gold. I pray to the heavenly gods, please hear our cry, deliver us our midfield wizard before we waste yet more gold on a striker who gets no service.

Del doesn't rate Stead or Taylor... Can you blame him? Stead is injury prone and Taylor is someone who cant be that good otherwise he'd have played a league game and had some involvement in match day squads.

I haven't ever rated Stead. He might work hard but he doesn't have the physical strength, he loses the ball too easily and whinges when he does.

1324210369' post=1479815']

Oh my god, dear lord, another striker.

People of Bristol, hear me now, there is a player out there who can create goals, spot intelligent runs from wide players and strikers, strike a dead ball, he is very much a known being in other parts of the country, he is called a creative midfielder. This "creative" being was last seen in Bristol going by the name of Paul of Hartley. Creative midfielders have strange powers, they can appear lazy, but in a instant, spot a pass to light up a game, these strange beings can use their feet to pass the ball, not just run about for 90 minutes. They may be expensive to buy if you can find one, but often when in tandem with a good mobile striker, will be worth their weight in gold. I pray to the heavenly gods, please hear our cry, deliver us our midfield wizard before we waste yet more gold on a striker who gets no service.

Unfortunately we don't have the other midfielder to play along side someone creative like Hartley. Luckily it's only paper not gold.

McInnes says we need more physical presence. He's not saying we're playing hoof ball and he's not saying he's after a big lump. What he said was just that and for what it's worth I think he's right. We do lack physical presence up front.

I'm glad McInnes is looking at all positions because as he's already said the squad is hopelessly unbalanced. In terms of physical strikers, someone in the mould of Darius Henderson would do us a lot of good.

Glad to see our dynamic, intelligent, forward thinking, young managers solution to our problems is to lump it at a big man. Can't wait.

Talk about jumping to conclusions !! Just because he wants a physical presence does not mean it will be long ball up to a target man. Aguero gives Man City a physical presence up front but its acheived through pace and power.

Glad to see our dynamic, intelligent, forward thinking, young managers solution to our problems is to lump it at a big man. Can't wait.

Someone shoot me. On the manager's back already when you don't even know the facts - words fail me. The bloke's got us out of the relegation zone when we were adrift, and one poor home performance and the knives are out. Incredible.

So who was up front during our most successful season since returning to this league?

Who was up front for 2nd placed West Ham yesterday?

Who is 1st placed southamptons main man?

It's not rocket science and it doesn't automatically mean we are going to play lump it football. We currently have nobody capable of holding the ball up.

My goodness. What dod you want after 8 games? And you obviously read minds as well! Amazing. St Johnstone, despite recent poor results and a change of manager, are still 4th in the SPL. Why? A strong squad, good team spirit. You want this in 8 games? Play monopoly mate, you might win.

My goodness. What dod you want after 8 games? And you obviously read minds as well! Amazing. St Johnstone, despite recent poor results and a change of manager, are still 4th in the SPL. Why? A strong squad, good team spirit. You want this in 8 games? Play monopoly mate, you might win.

Welcome to the rediculous world of OTIB Saintees. It's all or nothing for some people my friend, all or nothing! :yes:

Welcome to the rediculous world of OTIB Saintees. It's all or nothing for some people my friend, all or nothing! :yes:

Some great folk on here...I like it! But sounds like this is the type of guy who would have sacked SAF after 2 months!! He thinks any football team can win every game. He really should start supporting Barcelona. Apologies!!

Don't apologise Saintees, we are used to this.

We all want our respective clubs to be successful but some want that success immediately. Those of us with a modicum of sense know that it ain't going to happen like that.

The great start we had under Del has probably raised estimations but some of us would still take finishing 21st if we were offered it. Survival is all we need to do this season, anything else is a bonus IMO!

Holding up the ball doesn't mean long ball neccesarily. The way we play (1 up front), the midfield need time to get up and support the striker, if the ball immediately comes back there is no way we can keep posession...

Absolutely right. It doesn't mean it necessarily, but what has happened every time we have a presence up front? Have we played in the last ten years good football with a big man up front? Players at this level will lump it, and they'll try to get away with it more if there's "presence" there

McInnes says we need more physical presence. He's not saying we're playing hoof ball and he's not saying he's after a big lump. What he said was just that and for what it's worth I think he's right. We do lack physical presence up front.

I'm glad McInnes is looking at all positions because as he's already said the squad is hopelessly unbalanced. In terms of physical strikers, someone in the mould of Darius Henderson would do us a lot of good.

If he wants to play another striker, he's going to have to change the midfield massively too. Elliot holding doesn't work, Cisse isn't creative, Kilkenny can't defend well. We play two we'll get swamped. Or we'll have no creativity.

Talk about jumping to conclusions !! Just because he wants a physical presence does not mean it will be long ball up to a target man. Aguero gives Man City a physical presence up front but its acheived through pace and power.

Yes because there are abundance of quick strong strikers at this level, it's not realistic to say, oh we need an Aguero type. At this level you get lumps, or quick weaklings. If they have anything more than that, they tend to be in the Prem. Just take a look at the top scorers list. The first big guy with reasonable pace in it, is Carlton Cole. And we don't have millions and tens of thousands to spend on wages to get someone like him.

What a bizarre post.

I don't expect him to work miracles in 8 games, where on earth did i say that? I can't read minds, can you? So you can say i'm definitely wrong can you? Weird comment. Monopoly has what to do with anything. Can't make sense of you ;p

Some great folk on here...I like it! But sounds like this is the type of guy who would have sacked SAF after 2 months!! He thinks any football team can win every game. He really should start supporting Barcelona. Apologies!!

sounds like you're the kind of guy who jumps to massive conclusions about people without having a clue? See what i did there.

What i said in a one line post, is that I think, we're going to start playing worse football. Nothing about Saturday, nothing about whether it's successful or not or even if i think it will be or not. You've read so much into something that isn't there.

Absolutely right. It doesn't mean it necessarily, but what has happened every time we have a presence up front? Have we played in the last ten years good football with a big man up front? Players at this level will lump it, and they'll try to get away with it more if there's "presence" there

Archived