IGNORED

David James

WRERE

From today's EP:

Although his contract is up in the summer, James has a rolling deal that will give him an option to carry on into his 43rd year once he makes 30 first-team appearances in the Championship this term.

Judging by his performance in Saturday's goalless draw against fellow strugglers Nottingham Forest, the former Liverpool, Manchester City, West Ham and Aston Villa keeper has lost none of his powers and he remains one of the best keepers playing in the English second tier.

Looking to the future, he said: "I view contracts as an opportunity rather than a problem, just as I look at every game as an opportunity.

"My worst performances have tended to come when I've felt complacent about playing week in and week out. But because of the competition generated by the new manager, I know I cannot afford to take anything for granted.

Firstly, was anyone else aware of this apparent clause in his contract?

Has DJ always had problems dealing with back passes as he certainly had lost "his power" in dealing with them effectively on Saturday.

Felt complacent about earning a stack load of cash?? With the amount of money we are paying him he is always going to be playing week in/week out, how the hell can he say he is complacent? Competition generated by the new manager? We haven't bought any new keepers in and James was dropped by Millen so surely he had competition previously?

This seems a very strange article to me..............

Intresting. By the way how have you boycotted the evening post when you read this article on there?

Archived