IGNORED

David James

WRERE

If him going means that Gerkin plays then personally I hope Jamo stays until he's 100. If he does stay then it needs to be at a much lesser wage, with maybe some role in coaching/development.

Very frustrating watching Henderson yesterday - I still can't believe Millen preferred Gerkin to him.

Happy for him to be player coach and backup to a new young talented keeper we bring in for the summer. Not really keen on the idea of him being on big wages and auto first choice at this point in his career. He's been good, sometimes very good, but not a class above any more.

The bloke must have an ego the size of Devon if he thinks his keeping prowess has not declined. It's declined for us during the two seasons he's been here.

He should sit down and look at some vids of some of the spills and miskicks he's made this season and reconsider his decision.

I, personally, don't think Gerken is any worse than James. He's not better admittedly, but he played well for us in the two games I saw him in at AG this season. I didn't see the Blackpool fiasco but then the entire side performed as if they'd been sedated there, according to my sources.

It really depends who we can get in to replace him. He's still very likely the best keeper at the club. The grass is greener approach isn't bright.

Call me a wild optimist but I think we might be able to find a decent keeper who wont be in his mid-40s at the end of the 2012/13 season...

Goalkeeper must be one of the 'easier' positions to find players for. There must be about 3 championship standard keepers at every Prem club. There's got to be at least a few half decent ones who would be happy to drop league and wages to get regular games!

Done a bit of 'scouting':

Blackburn have Mark Bunn - used to be decent for Northampton, although he is their only other goalie

Martin Fulops sitting on the bench at WBA

Everton have got Jan Mucha - some Slovakian International

Cudicini at Spurs?

Sunderland have Steve Mignolet

That took me 5 minutes and there's 5 'prem' standard goalies!

Off topic - Raheem Sterling at Liverpool would be a great little loan signing!

Goalkeeper must be one of the 'easier' positions to find players for. There must be about 3 championship standard keepers at every Prem club. There's got to be at least a few half decent ones who would be happy to drop league and wages to get regular games!

Done a bit of 'scouting':

Blackburn have Mark Bunn - used to be decent for Northampton, although he is their only other goalie

Martin Fulops sitting on the bench at WBA

Everton have got Jan Mucha - some Slovakian International

Cudicini at Spurs?

Sunderland have Steve Mignolet

That took me 5 minutes and there's 5 'prem' standard goalies!

Off topic - Raheem Sterling at Liverpool would be a great little loan signing!

all of them are prolly on more then james is at the moment except maybe bunn

The guy had a good game Saturday but he is not what he was even last year and he is not a long term option for BCFC. He is keen to play and is generally a good egg as they say. I hope he finds a suitable club not too far from his home where he can continue to ply his trade in Torquay, Plymouth, Exeter, Yeovil or even Horfield where he would put bums on seats and do a job for his club. We on the other hand need a talented keeper with a rather longer term future. No use dwelling on the past but someone like Henderson would fit the bill or a second choice Premier league youngster who feels the need to prove himself.

There are plenty of young goalkeepers out there, As good or even better than James.

Thibaut Courtois is a class young keeper Coming through the ranks - 19 year old on loan at Atletico Madrid from Chelsea. Proberly out of our depths as Atletico may end up buying him :closedeyes:

But it just goes to show, You can easily find a quality goalkeeper who is 3rd choice at a big club and has bags of talent to offer.

Video of him:

http://www.youtube.c...?v=0H8LIeRcguY.

Happy for him to be player coach and backup to a new young talented keeper we bring in for the summer. Not really keen on the idea of him being on big wages and auto first choice at this point in his career. He's been good, sometimes very good, but not a class above any more.

Exactly this.

I was going to resist getting involved in this debate as it has been done to death, but after reading his comments in the WDP this morning i find myself drawn to the debate.

After one great save on saturday which I was quite happy to applaud the MOM award was a joke as he continued to deliver nothing else.

In his interview he states that he still needs to improve his kicking - wtf! after over 20 years as a pro and he still cant kick a football then words fail me, and on top of that if he cant learn how to kick a football with all the coaching support he has had over the years then how the hell can he be considered as a coach or have the skills needed to impart what little knowledge he has of the game to any youngsters.

I dont care who we have in goal as long as its not david james!

Why all the negativity for James ok hes made a few mistakes hes a keeper it happens especially when you got four satue's standing in front of you,in my opinion good keeper,top bloke,always got time for poeple off pitch,raises the profile of the club.as for his wages Lansdown said it a separate entity all together............

Archived