IGNORED

Terry To Be Charged Over Racist Comments

myol'man

Hear hear, no doubt all the Liverpool fans will be up in arms demanding evidence and accusing AF of lying!!

This is thing though isnt it, Suarez now found guilty of racially abusing a fellow professional, no mention of criminal charges at all. Don't think anyone has yet confirmed if/what Terry is supposed to have said yet already he is facing a day in court.

I dont understand how Suarez just gets disciplined by the FA yet Terry faces criminal charges. Is it just that someone wished to press charges in Terry's case but not in the case of Suarez?

A member of the public heard it and complained to the police it seems.

A member of the public heard it and complained to the police it seems.

Hmmm i don't really understand why someone from the public needs to instigate this, surely in the case of Suarez, he is already been found "guilty", why are the police not following it up?

As for Terry, i wouldn't be bothered if he was banned for life from the game, never liked the bloke and think he is an average player. Always been suprised that he was given the England captaincy, this just being yet more baggage for him.

Is it actually likely JT will be behind bars?

Well I am not sure, certainly you can go to jail for racial abuse, I suppose they will look at his character carefully (which is not good for him)

I wonder if the Judicary will want to make an example of him?!

Edit

BBC report the worst he can get if found guilty is a £2500 fine. So that is how serious his form of rascism, if he is guilty, is seen as in this country. Doesn't really back up not only the government or Judicary claim about how seriously they are taking it.

Yet Suarez gets a £40,000 fine from the FA!

How bizarre is this country

Well I am not sure, certainly you can go to jail for racial abuse, I suppose they will look at his character carefully (which is not good for him)

I wonder if the Judicary will want to make an example of him?!

I thought our justice system had a zero tolerance approach towards racism, be it on the street, the workplace or on a football pitch, if your found to be racist you get punished. 8 matches and £40k for Suarez is no big deal, im sure he will be given some home leave during the 2 months or so he will be off.....and thats what, about a 3 or 4 days wages he is being fined....come on its pathetic.

But the FA can still impose their punishment l assume after the case has concluded?

Only if he is found guilty.... I presume, makes a mokery that the Judicial system can only fine someone about 1/20th of what the FA can!

I dont understand how Suarez just gets disciplined by the FA yet Terry faces criminal charges. Is it just that someone wished to press charges in Terry's case but not in the case of Suarez?

no compaint has been made to the liverpool police so no investigation.

more than one complained to the police regarding terrys comment as i understand a expert lip reader was brought in to view the video.

get out of that terry

interesting one this, the CPS generally only prosecute cases where they have a 85% chance of success or lesser % if deemed to be within the public interest. I suspect in this case the CPS has very compelling evidence and I suspect it will hinge on what evidence JT's high powered, highly paid legal team manage to get excluded for one loophole or another.

It says the maximum sentence is a fine of £2500...which is almost the exact sum that Terry needs to get out of bed in the morning, that'll teach him eh.

If the FA were then to hit him with an 8 match ban, and he were to lose the England captaincy, that would hurt, even for someone as thick, thick skinned and generally dislikeable as our glorious national captain, knuckle dragging excuse for a human that he is

Remember - this is the professional footballer who parked his Bentley in a disabled slot while he took his kids in for a pizza

I ban him for life, just becuase he's such a piece of excrement

If the FA were then to hit him with an 8 match ban, and he were to lose the England captaincy, that would hurt, even for someone as thick, thick skinned and generally dislikeable as our glorious national captain, knuckle dragging excuse for a human that he is

Remember - this is the professional footballer who parked his Bentley in a disabled slot while he took his kids in for a pizza

Father a drug dealer and mother a shoplifter.

So I hear :innocent06:

Is it actually likely JT will be behind bars?

No.

He's a high profile footballer who is loaded and an England Caprain, the case will collapse and the FA will hide against the failed legal system and say that justice has been done.

I wasn't on the pitch, so I didn't hear what he said, I did watch the game though and afterwards I rewound the "incident" and it seemed clear as day that Terry made a sickening racist comment that has NO place in football.

IF he's found guilty he should be banned for life and stripped of all his England caps........oh and Id give him a nice bit of bird over the wall in Brixton, winker.

The reality is that he's likely to get a whopping £2,500 fine by the CPS.............yeah like that will hurt him!

As much as I loathe Terry, I think it's OTT to put someone in prison for (allegedly) calling someone else a black bastard.

If he's convicted, he should get the 8 match ban, stripped of the captaincy and dropped by England permanently and be personally fined - say - 8 weeks dosh.

It amazes me that this meathead has risen to the level he has in the game. If you think back to the type of personality that previous England captains have been, this guy doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath. You can say what you like about Beckham, but the guy was always a great ambassador for your country. I think Terry's chest-puffing, jaw-jutting, beat-the-chest style has fooled the English media and certainly the England manager. How can any international manager strip someone of the captaincy and then reinstate them within a matter of months? Previous posters in this thread have mentioned other misdeeds by Terry (the 9/11 incident, the disabled parking) and these further reveal the kind of contempt this **** has for the rest of mankind.

As for the racial abuse incident, if he is found guilty, then I don't see how he can have any complaints - it look pretty clear on the TV pictures that he did it - don't think you have to be an expert lip reader to see that the word "black" was used.

As a sidenote, one of the most ridiculous pieces I read about this (and sorry, I can't remember where) was that as Ashley Cole was closest to the incident and was apparently supporting Terry's version of events, then it was case closed because "after all Ashley Cole is himself black and therefore would be bound to condemn Terry if he was guilty of making racist remarks". I mean, come on, Cole speak out against "good old JT"? If Ashley Cole said it was raining, most people would look out the window to check!

It amazes me that this meathead has risen to the level he has in the game.

He's not even any good - and never was, average at best - the tragedy of the likes of Cahill and Jagielka not being able to get a game ahead of him...:disapointed2se:

You can say what you like about Beckham, but the guy was always a great ambassador for your country.

Except that time he got sent off against the Argies...:surrender:

I'm not for one minute defending Terry but do people honestly belive Terry should go to prison for calling someone a name even if it's a very nasty and unpleasant remark. I think we should get a sense of proportion here.

No, I don't think he should go to prison. But he should certainly be banned for a very long time. If he was Scottish, then I wouldn't ever want to see him in the international shirt again either.

I just don't get it...

I'm guessing there are witness of this alleged offence, the CPS says it has enough evidence to take it to court, but... is this the first case of its kind?

So making racist comments is illegal, I guess that is good, but really its stupid.

It's not just as simple as making racist comments though is it, I mean imagine if Terry turned and called Yaya Toure a *insert racial slur* and he happened to be stood next to Balotelli, Kompany and De jong... it could potentially cause a hell of a fight. It's not just the fact it's wrong and against the rules of football to bring the game into disrepute but it's also about the fact it shows a lack of discipline, respect and footballers are on TV being watched millions at times. I honestly think if a footballer is caught being racist it should be an automatic 16 match ban and half of their wages should be docked for the full 16 weeks and donated to a fund to keep racism out of football. I mean at least that way if they choose to be racist, it's on their own head and it'll result in them putting money into a good cause and what better way to fund an anti racism push than by funding it through punishing racists.

Archived