IGNORED

Terry To Be Charged Over Racist Comments

myol'man

It's not just as simple as making racist comments though is it, I mean imagine if Terry turned and called Yaya Toure a *insert racial slur* and he happened to be stood next to Balotelli, Kompany and De jong... it could potentially cause a hell of a fight. It's not just the fact it's wrong and against the rules of football to bring the game into disrepute but it's also about the fact it shows a lack of discipline, respect and footballers are on TV being watched millions at times. I honestly think if a footballer is caught being racist it should be an automatic 16 match ban and half of their wages should be docked for the full 16 weeks and donated to a fund to keep racism out of football. I mean at least that way if they choose to be racist, it's on their own head and it'll result in them putting money into a good cause and what better way to fund an anti racism push than by funding it through punishing racists.

It certainly is a hard one, you can shout vile racist comments without being a racist. It is like any insult, you say something which you know is going to really hurt the person on the end of it. Do you mean it? Most people don't, it is the heat of a moment attempt to really upset someone, be it about their weight, skin colour, hair colour, sex etc etc.

Big difference to going around beating up whites, blacks, Asians whoever because you don't like that race.

Of course a real racist will mean what they say, now how you prove this is hard. Will jt be labelled a racist? Is he a racist? Is he a foul mouthed idiot? Only he knows, but he will probably always be labeled a racist now even if he isn't.

Probably best if he actually thought before opening his mouth. He may have just learnt the biggest lesson in his life.

Sums terry up quit well, never thinking before taking actions.

Archived