IGNORED

To Play Or Not To Play Maynard

tower crane red

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't play him, if he has chosen not to sign a contract, play someone who wants to be here, who will care what division we will be in next season.

No matter how good he is, if is eye is on where he will be going next season, he is not fully commited to where city are trying to be next season. He may think he is fully on board, mentally he won't be. Do you think mentally he will go into challenges full bloodly? Not if he is planning on running his contract down, he cannot afford to get a serious injury and have no club.

It's a no brainer for me, can't play him. Mentally its not right and sends out the wrong message to players that want to be here.

If it weakens us a little, so be it.

The voting choices are a bit limited and sound ever so slightly bitter..

If you had a choice which was ;

NO

or

YES

I might have voted for one of those.

I agree. I would say NO but not because he's not fit to wear the shirt. Simply because I dont think he would give 100%

No chance.

Brett wants to play for the club, money is Nicky's motivation.

Play the hitman Pitman against Coventry, Maynard can stay at home with Camden and count his ££££!

If I were Del, I wouldn't want Maynard anywhere near the club TBH, bad example to the rest of the squad etc.

Got the impression his nan was his mum but can be wrong

Take it from me Sweden his Mum is his Mum and he does EXACTLY what she tells him??? For professional reasons I cannot disclose just "how" I know but all please be rest assured that if Mummy tells Little Nicky its time for bye-byes ITS time for bye byes!!! Needs to grow a pair.

Take it from me Sweden his Mum is his Mum and he does EXACTLY what she tells him??? For professional reasons I cannot disclose just "how" I know but all please be rest assured that if Mummy tells Little Nicky its time for bye-byes ITS time for bye byes!!! Needs to grow a pair.

Seems to be very fond of his nan though.. Maybe his mum is just a secret agent

Maynard can go f!?k himself. Cheerio Nicky. Thanks for a few tidy goals. Perhaps u can upgrade the R8 to a Ferrari wiv ur nice signing on fee for blatantly lying about 'loving the club' all those months ago. Pitman to start from now on with nicky sitting on the bench incase we r desperate for the offchance of a saviour maynard goal.

Maynard can go f!?k himself. Cheerio Nicky. Thanks for a few tidy goals. Perhaps u can upgrade the R8 to a Ferrari wiv ur nice signing on fee for blatantly lying about 'loving the club' all those months ago. Pitman to start from now on with nicky sitting on the bench incase we r desperate for the offchance of a saviour maynard goal.

Isn"t past your bedtime? Don't forget you want to be on Santas Nice list..................not his naughty one. I'm sure when you grow up to be a big boy, you too would turn down the chance to play in the Premier League.

:city: whats everybody thinking about the situation (players come players gothere always be a city):city:

100% don't play him,never in a million years due you give your all when you are looking for pastures new.

I have employed staff for over 20 years,when a member wishes to leave,I have always got rid at the earliest Opportunity.

The heart and soul are elsewhere.

100% don't play him,never in a million years due you give your all when you are looking for pastures new.

I have employed staff for over 20 years,when a member wishes to leave,I have always got rid at the earliest Opportunity.

The heart and soul are elsewhere.

no leave him on bench. in my eyes he has used city and has been very calculating as to when he pulled out of contract talks. if he pulled out 6 months ago city would have demanded at least 4 or 5 mil making it hard for clubs to take a chance on him.But now he holds all the aces, city need to get something so will accept any reasonable bid or get nothing in summer, he has played this to get himself the best deal very clever and very selfish.

he was never going to sign we all knew that but kept slipping in quotes like del just said enjoy it etc, no for me he has been under handed.

i voted no. not because he,s not fit to wear the shirt because he is. but we need to plan and build without him thats why.

Same here! Rather emotive language in the Poll choices, which is a bit OTT, but I don't see any point in playing him and would very much like to see BP given a run of games.

:city: whats everybody thinking about the situation (players come players gothere always be a city):city:

He has never been interested in signing again for City

Even the Crewe manager was annoyed at him not signing or moving on in the summer

I hope he is a flop whoever decide to take him on FOR HIS SHORT CONTRACT

I wont be cheering him on at Coventry

People do post some utter shite on here!

Money is clearly NOT the motivation for NM. We have offered him the best contract (by far, if what i'm told is correct) and no doubt Leicester would have topped our offer. It is clear that he wants to test himself at the highest level and who can balme him for that?

Be it with a move straight to the prem, or via a club with genuine promotion prospects, that is where he wants to be and the money will simply come hand in hand with that status.

Am I frustrated and a tad bitter about his choice of timing and apparent stringing us along since the summer ?- Yes!

Do I think he is a selfish, money grabbing tosser - No. I think ambitious would be more accurate.

Would I play him until he leaves? - No. It has to be BP, although I would continue to have NM on the bench incase BP was having one of his lazy days!

Msg to maxjak u condascending bellen&. Isnt this a forum for opinion? Mine is maynard has strung the club along for 9 months and has now dropped a bombshell costing us a return on a massive investment of transfer fee and wages for 3 years, a year of which we saw no return for because of an alleged injury sustained outside of football. Ur right ive been a bad boy, santa will b so upset with me. I suggest you take a look at the majority of posters opinions. Not many will be happy with maynard now. Im not one to slag off on here, and as a ST holder for 24 yrs i suggest u direct ur poncy comments towards sum other child like posters on here. Urself!!!!

Msg to maxjak u condascending bellen&. Isnt this a forum for opinion? Mine is maynard has strung the club along for 9 months and has now dropped a bombshell costing us a return on a massive investment of transfer fee and wages for 3 years, a year of which we saw no return for because of an alleged injury sustained outside of football. Ur right ive been a bad boy, santa will b so upset with me. I suggest you take a look at the majority of posters opinions. Not many will be happy with maynard now. Im not one to slag off on here, and as a ST holder for 24 yrs i suggest u direct ur poncy comments towards sum other child like posters on here. Urself!!!!

If you've been a season ticket holder for 24 years I take my hat off to you.....you only get 20 years for murder. I apologise for mistaking you for a younger man, but you can be sure I am neither poncy or a condescending bellen, but I am curious to know why you feel that just because the majority of posters are Slagging off Nicky Maynard that, that somehow reinforces and justifies your opinion........"Even if you are a Minority of One, The Truth is the Truth" someone much smarter than me once said. I guess I just don't like Bandwagons....and people who jump on them at every opportunity. PS. A bombshell is defined in the Dictionary as:- An Overwhelming surprise or Disappointment. If you see Nickys intention to leave as a surprise.......your in a minority of one.

Nicky has set out his stall and to be frank being as that we are not in the chasing pack I dont really blame him.

Its likely we will get some very decent money for him since as predicted all the strugglers in the Prem are looking for goals, although my favorites would be Fulham as there strikers seem to want away.

Good Luck to the boy, I hope he shows what a good player he is and goes on to get some England caps, either way the future is bright the Future is Pitman and he should start on Monday!

Archived