IGNORED

To Play Or Not To Play Maynard

tower crane red

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No - not because he's "not fit..." but because he's not commited to the club. I don't blame any player for wanting to better themselves, but I'd expect a little more loyalty in return, to a club and fans who've stuck with him through a long injury. Getting two fingers in return is the reason NM will never be welcomed back to AG in the way players like Goater, Matt Hill etc are.

Msg to maxjak u condascending bellen&. Isnt this a forum for opinion? Mine is maynard has strung the club along for 9 months and has now dropped a bombshell costing us a return on a massive investment of transfer fee and wages for 3 years, a year of which we saw no return for because of an alleged injury sustained outside of football. Ur right ive been a bad boy, santa will b so upset with me. I suggest you take a look at the majority of posters opinions. Not many will be happy with maynard now. Im not one to slag off on here, and as a ST holder for 24 yrs i suggest u direct ur poncy comments towards sum other child like posters on here. Urself!!!!

Ha ha ha. Did you start going to the gate at age -10?

I've never met a man of you pretend age who talks or types like they're on bebo!

People do post some utter shite on here!

Money is clearly NOT the motivation for NM. We have offered him the best contract (by far, if what i'm told is correct) and no doubt Leicester would have topped our offer. It is clear that he wants to test himself at the highest level and who can balme him for that?

Be it with a move straight to the prem, or via a club with genuine promotion prospects, that is where he wants to be and the money will simply come hand in hand with that status.

Am I frustrated and a tad bitter about his choice of timing and apparent stringing us along since the summer ?- Yes!

Do I think he is a selfish, money grabbing tosser - No. I think ambitious would be more accurate.

Would I play him until he leaves? - No. It has to be BP, although I would continue to have NM on the bench incase BP was having one of his lazy days!

Are you sure? By running his contract down, he stands to net a huge signing on fee so I WOULD say money is definitely a motivation! He obviously realises that he can earn alot more by doing this than by signing a new deal (a la Lambert with the sags) and then moving! He's essentially saying 'balls to BCFC' isn't he?

Loyalty- nil

Greed- One.

There is an element of ambition in his decision but I would genuinely say that ££££ is the overiding motivation.

Maxjak - fair enuf. Enuf said i reckon!!! Bombshell(surprise) i meant altho we knew he would leave it was a surprise in a sense because hed said he loved it here. Never mind hey, looking forward to coventry with (hopefully without) maynard!!!

Onwards and Upwards..........................Merry Christmas

Nicky has set out his stall and to be frank being as that we are not in the chasing pack I dont really blame him.

Its likely we will get some very decent money for him since as predicted all the strugglers in the Prem are looking for goals, although my favorites would be Fulham as there strikers seem to want away.

Good Luck to the boy, I hope he shows what a good player he is and goes on to get some England caps, either way the future is bright the Future is Pitman and he should start on Monday!

I don't blame Maynard for wanting to leave. He is at a make or break age and deserves his chance to make the big-time. What upsets me is the manner of his leaving. After the first few games this season it was clear that he would want to go. Whether it was because of advice coming from his agent we shall naver know, but he was not honest with the club and Millen didn't have the guts to play hard-ball with him because of his own precarious position. That is why we are where we are now.

Having said all that, because the next game is an away fixture, I would play Maynard and give him the chance to demonstrate his talents to anyone who might choose to come and assess his ability. This would a) fire him up to a level which has not been apparent lately, b) increase any possible transfer fee and c) possibly give BCFC 3 very valuable points in what would be a crucial game. Pitman is well aware that he is the preferred heir apparent and could wait just one more game on the bench and maybe come on as sub and score a couple if PLAN A doen't quite work. That way you get two key players with a lot of incentive.

I don't blame Maynard for wanting to leave. He is at a make or break age and deserves his chance to make the big-time. What upsets me is the manner of his leaving. After the first few games this season it was clear that he would want to go. Whether it was because of advice coming from his agent we shall naver know, but he was not honest with the club and Millen didn't have the guts to play hard-ball with him because of his own precarious position. That is why we are where we are now.

Having said all that, because the next game is an away fixture, I would play Maynard and give him the chance to demonstrate his talents to anyone who might choose to come and assess his ability. This would a) fire him up to a level which has not been apparent lately, b) increase any possible transfer fee and c) possibly give BCFC 3 very valuable points in what would be a crucial game. Pitman is well aware that he is the preferred heir apparent and could wait just one more game on the bench and maybe come on as sub and score a couple if PLAN A doen't quite work. That way you get two key players with a lot of incentive.

Dasterdly, I do have some sympathy for what you are saying, however if Maynard plays Saturday and picks up a knock (and be assured the Coventry back line are going to Kick him hard) we are then completely bolloxed...

Drop him and take the money is the smart way forward now...Pitman up front with Stead on the bench and move on IMO...

COYR

A lot of common sense in your post SD, but I'd still let the **** sit on the bench at Coventry. Let's be honest, the way he's been performing this season, his value could actually increase while he's sat on the subs bench, because anyone watching him play at the moment would probably hang on to their readies and look elsewhere! Hopefully if he's not playing, they'll watch a few Youtube clips and think that's what they'll be getting, rather than a bloke who's been going through the motions for the last few months.

This situation we're in now isn't a big surprise, but it still leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Forget all the bollux we've heard about him just being ambitious, as a player can still be ambitious without shitting on his current club and his previous club (Crewe) who both stand to get f00k all if he decides to turn down all offers and runs his contract down. If he was that keen to play in the Prem, he should have come straight out with it in the summer and not strung the club along for months. He's taken the club and fans for mugs and I personally hope when or if he gets his prem chance, he falls flat on his arse.

After him disrespecting the club I have followed all my life, I for one can't wish him well for his football future after the way he's conducted himself here.

Heathy33 - its called iphone mate n easier to abbreviate. And no, i started at age 7 so same answer as maxjak got to u!!! But i suppose ur obviously an english literature expert questioning my speak!! Check ur own msg b4 judging! And anyway as i said, opinions!!!

With all due respect, with the iPhone it is much easier to spell correctly than it is to "abbreviate" what with the overly responsive dictionary... I'm bladdered and managed to retain something resembling English...

Don't play him, if he has chosen not to sign a contract, play someone who wants to be here, who will care what division we will be in next season.

No matter how good he is, if is eye is on where he will be going next season, he is not fully commited to where city are trying to be next season. He may think he is fully on board, mentally he won't be. Do you think mentally he will go into challenges full bloodly? Not if he is planning on running his contract down, he cannot afford to get a serious injury and have no club.

It's a no brainer for me, can't play him. Mentally its not right and sends out the wrong message to players that want to be here.

If it weakens us a little, so be it.

Agreed. Dont think DM play NM no more. We will have to survive without him. Pitman is now coming and I think he can make goals for us. The whole story gives a bad taste in the mouth. Hopefully the team get together now and we can looking forward. Perhaps NM has a club who wants to buy him in jan. That would be the best.

Archived