IGNORED

Dm Wants Power House To Lead The Line

riddlesdown red

I have to assume the fact that he states he wants a power house to lead the line he does not see any striker at AG filling that position which is why he has persisted in Maynard up front in a 4-5-1 away and at home a 4-3-3-who still play as a 4-5-1. For all we know Maynard going suits DM and his plans to pick and shape his own squad. This is fine but if Stead and the bloke we bought from Rotherham are not going to feature then loan/sale them on and bring in someone on loan that he actually wants. I am genuinely excited about the prospects of a major clear out at AG between now and next season, I have always likended AG to a stately home where we employ 32 gardeners and some junior gardeners learning their trade and only about 15 gardeners do any work whilst the others sit in their potting sheds sharpening their tools but still get paid.

It is a short career but oh to be a contracted out of favour/poor footballer cashing his cheque every week whilst all he does his train and then have the weekend off. For a small club carrying quite a bit of debt when you look at our history we have spunked shed loads of money over the years or is that the way we can ever entice players to AG and when they arrive contract in the bag they are not hungry and switch off. Lets see what McGivern or pearson do if we buy them.

Funny how a comment can quickly turn onto a rant

Bah Humbug

I have to assume the fact that he states he wants a power house to lead the line he does not see any striker at AG filling that position which is why he has persisted in Maynard up front in a 4-5-1 away and at home a 4-3-3-who still play as a 4-5-1. For all we know Maynard going suits DM and his plans to pick and shape his own squad. This is fine but if Stead and the bloke we bought from Rotherham are not going to feature then loan/sale them on and bring in someone on loan that he actually wants. I am genuinely excited about the prospects of a major clear out at AG between now and next season, I have always likended AG to a stately home where we employ 32 gardeners and some junior gardeners learning their trade and only about 15 gardeners do any work whilst the others sit in their potting sheds sharpening their tools but still get paid.

It is a short career but oh to be a contracted out of favour/poor footballer cashing his cheque every week whilst all he does his train and then have the weekend off. For a small club carrying quite a bit of debt when you look at our history we have spunked shed loads of money over the years or is that the way we can ever entice players to AG and when they arrive contract in the bag they are not hungry and switch off. Lets see what McGivern or pearson do if we buy them.

Funny how a comment can quickly turn onto a rant

Bah Humbug

I've always wondered how we managed to have such a nice pitch! :D

On a serious note though I understand the stately home comparison and agree 100%.

A clearout is long overdue and everything needs to be freshened up. With Del and Doc in that's the first part of the plan, the second is to ship out the crap and hopefully get some quality in.

The reason Del wants a brick shithouse striker in, is to have another option. It's doesn't mean he wants to play hoof ball (we've had enough of that crap to last a lifetime) it's more of a pick a team to suit the opposition. Sometimes you need a Pitman/Maynard sort of option, and other times you need a big man option. We could see that against Florist. Stead or Taylor IMO are not right for this role. A good example would be someone like Steve Howard maybe?

I'm also looking forward to Del making this his own team, and a massive clearout.

I rate very few of our players tbh.

For various reasons, the only players i would keep in a perfect world would be...

Fontaine, Wilson, Kilkenny, Cisse, Adomah and Pitman. Maynard not included for obvious reasons.

The rest imho, are very average lower Championship level or getting too old.

If we want to kick on, then we need quality in all departments.

Someone of stature who can be physical up front, hold the ball up and head the ball, is something we have been missing. It doesn't have to be hoof ball, but how have we played for most of the season with 2 wingers providing crosses...only to find thin air?

Oh for a fit, young, healthy Joe Jordan. Or even a Teddy Sheringham. Both from opposite ends of the spectrum, but fantastic at what they did.

Hopefully we don't end up with someone like Iwelumo.

Some quality please Del.

I'm also looking forward to Del making this his own team, and a massive clearout.

For various reasons, the only players i would keep in a perfect world would be...

Fontaine, Wilson, Kilkenny, Cisse, Adomah and Pitman. Maynard not included for obvious reasons.

Someone of stature who can be physical up front, hold the ball up and head the ball, is something we have been missing. It doesn't have to be hoof ball, but how have we played for most of the season with 2 wingers providing crosses...only to find thin air?

Oh for a fit, young, healthy Joe Jordan. Or even a Teddy Sheringham. Both from opposite ends of the spectrum, but fantastic at what they did.

Some quality please Del.

Totally agree with that. If only!

How about Trevor Morgan :laugh: Spudski?

Nicky Morgan was a great player. Fantastic with his back to goal. Held the ball up well, and linked well too. Not so sure about Trev... :laughcont:

If we can sort our Midfield out...and stop playing two wingers, then opportunities in the box should become more frequent.

I haven't been down the Gate this month, my last game was Palace away. Has Del tried letting Albert roam about from wing to wing?

Allowing him to do that, with Cisse, Kilkenny and one other...not Woolford or JCR, would certainly out fox any game plan the opposition have on putting 2 or 3 players on Adomah. I'd love Albert to have a free role.

Some quality please Del.

Totally agree. I said at the start if this season that we actually have quite a weak squad, with a few exceptions.

We defo need a strong presence up front.

Nicky Morgan was a great player. Fantastic with his back to goal. Held the ball up well, and linked well too. Not so sure about Trev... :laughcont:

If we can sort our Midfield out...and stop playing two wingers, then opportunities in the box should become more frequent.

I haven't been down the Gate this month, my last game was Palace away. Has Del tried letting Albert roam about from wing to wing?

Allowing him to do that, with Cisse, Kilkenny and one other...not Woolford or JCR, would certainly out fox any game plan the opposition have on putting 2 or 3 players on Adomah. I'd love Albert to have a free role.

If Albert with a free role would work, who knows, but if it did can you imagine the panic it would cause, opposition players being pulled way out of position rather than just out wide.

Of course we would have to sign some players with a footballing brain to utilise the space created :)

This isn't a rumour by any stretch of the imagination but I've been looking at big target men in the SPL (we all know hoe Derek loves his Spl players!) and one that I did find was Gregory Tade Its just name he may be too crap I wouldn't know but he's big and plays in Scotland so Del will know!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gr%C3%A9gory_Tad%C3%A9

If Albert with a free role would work, who knows, but if it did can you imagine the panic it would cause, opposition players being pulled way out of position rather than just out wide.

Of course we would have to sign some players with a footballing brain to utilise the space created :)

This was my thinking too. A back 4 with two Full backs who can cross and get forward as well, would be ideal. Mcgivern...I've not made my mind up yet.

Kilkenny just behind a front two. Cisse and another central midfield players just infront the Centre backs, and Albert to Roam between those three. Some nice one two's...playing off the holding forward etc.

When on the right, the LB can push forward, and vise versa.

Seems simple enough to me. We just need another Central Midfielder who can hold and pass.

Archived