IGNORED

Oh Dear

leadman

We werent abysmal a month ago. Players have let complacency creep in. Idiots.

I have said before that as soon as they talked about expecting to win every game you knew the traditional Bristol City complacency was back. What is it about this club that consistently leads to ordinary players thinking they're a bit special after a couple of wins?:disapointed2se:

How can we have 19 shots on target to their five and still lose ?

To me it looks like a big mistake to have played Maynard. Does he give a sh*t anymore ? Someone tell me who was there ...

I was there - he was lazy and looked totally disinterested. He was up against two slow centre-backs that have been torn apart by supposedly lesser forwards throughout the season. The booing he got when leaving the field was thoroughly deserved.

We had a chat with some Coventry fans after the game and they were in seventh heaven. They now believe they can escape relegation (Ha ha! I don't think so!)

Our finishing was woeful. Most of our shots on target were so puny that Madge the tea-lady could have saved them.

However, we were denied what looked a clear penalty - from the far end I thought Albert's career had been finished by that challenge.

Skuse was bl**dy dreadful.

Journey home was miserable.

What a waste of a day and good money.

For me this is proof - if we needed it - that the appointment of Keith Millen was a disaster for our club. In a little over 16 months we've gone from building for a return to the top flight to nailed on relegation candidates. A wasted season, followed by a wasted preseason, followed by a relegation scrap.

Good luck Derek. You'll need it.

I was there - he was lazy and looked totally disinterested. He was up against two slow centre-backs that have been torn apart by supposedly lesser forwards throughout the season. The booing he got when leaving the field was thoroughly deserved.

We had a chat with some Coventry fans after the game and they were in seventh heaven. They now believe they can escape relegation (Ha ha! I don't think so!)

Our finishing was woeful. Most of our shots on target were so puny that Madge the tea-lady could have saved them.

However, we were denied what looked a clear penalty - from the far end I thought Albert's career had been finished by that challenge.

Skuse was bl**dy dreadful.

Journey home was miserable.

What a waste of a day and good money.

Was miffed i couldn't go but by all reports sounded terrible the Maynard thing is doing no one any good get what we can and get shot wouldn't play him again as he just ain't trying,wouldn't begrudge Albert a move for he has at least turned in some outstanding displays and just has a good way with the fans,wasn't expecting a defeat sounded like Coventry missed a few chances but we couldn't hit a cow's ass if we played alnight. On the radio they said it was an appalling tackle on Albert and expected him to be taken off injured,reported there was anti Maynard chanting and 1 or 2 banners against him which must have lifted Coventrys spirit a waste of 3 points which could put us down at the season's end.

Albert's somersault in the first half left him reeling I think, but he did try. Stead wasn't match fit.

People seem to forget that we have to play against another team. We could have the best players in the world, if the other side has all their players in the box it's not that easy to get a strike in. Though it has to be said that there was too much faffing about when they should have just got a shot in. There were some amazing play up field but then wasted because there wasn't the strike force to whack it in the net.

At the start of the season I tipped us to go down .... as being a season ticket holder for the past 3-4 seasons I could see that the division was getting better and we weren't. However, when McInnes came in and we started to do well I started to hope (again) that maybe we could avoid the drop and rebuild. In all honesty I just want this season to be over, and start the next one - hopefully McInnes will still be here and contrary to my thoughts yesterday I do believe he is the right man for the job but think it might mean having to take a step back to go forward!

If we can't beat Coventry, even at their ground, then we're relegation material as they sold 13 players last season, bought 3 and two were goalkeepers, they are relying on youth and are a poor poor side. My mate is Cov fan and has already conceded defeat and accepted relegation so I think that says it all about Coventry.

I honestly think yesterday was make or break for my faith in avoiding relegation and it was sorely broken.

If the board don't back McInnes in the transfer market with some funds for January then I think it's league one football for us next season and I'd dare say probably the final nail in the coffin for me ever seeing this club play in the top flight in my lifetime.

Just hope that Del's shopping is not going to be solely in the SPL, as watch all the SPL games on Sky, and the standard is fairly dreadful. We need BIG hearts now, character players who lead by example, roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. Shame Shaun Derry is playing regularly at QPR!!! Never liked him as an opponent but his type of combative grit is just what we need now.

Anyone deluded enough to think that other than Albert & Cisse we have any assets at this club is in for a big surprise. Gary Johnson & Keith Millen were utterly incapable of building a Championship with their favorites, letting go many half decent players go. ****** Maynard is taking the piss, and hes far from the only one..

Any manager who thought Lee Johnson is an asset has gotta be suspect, one good game in 10 does not make a decent midfielder, and he is the best known in a very long list of overrated, over the hill and utterly inadequate players in our squad.

Derek McInnes has got his work cut out in a major way trying to get a side together to keep us up. Either way he will turn this shambles around, no matter how long it takes, Christ he got St Jonstone up, with a shed load less money to work with.

With luck he'll do it with out the flaws GJ refused to address in his time...

Archived