IGNORED

Why Are We Always Incapable Of Winning The Games That Really Matter?

nickolas

It just seems that, for whatever reason, we are incapable of winning these matches. It doesnt seem to matter who the players are, manager is, chairman or even the bloody cleaner, we historically lose matches like today. Coventry were there for the taking, hadnt won at home since October, lost 7 from last 8 and we didnt even score!! I think ive come to the conclusion that we are supporting a team from a footballing backwater after all. Destined for mediocrity in amongst the odd flashes of brilliance and elation.

Either thats a nice way to put it or we are, and have mainly always been, shit!!

It just seems that, for whatever reason, we are incapable of winning these matches. It doesnt seem to matter who the players are, manager is, chairman or even the bloody cleaner, we historically lose matches like today. Coventry were there for the taking, hadnt won at home since October, lost 7 from last 8 and we didnt even score!! I think ive come to the conclusion that we are supporting a team from a footballing backwater after all. Destined for mediocrity in amongst the odd flashes of brilliance and elation.

Either thats a nice way to put it or we are, and have mainly always been, shit!!

I've often puzzled over the same thing. It's the reason why we have never one any cup competition beyond the Johnson's Paint Peanut cup or some such. Certainly never won any cup in recent history and in very recent cup history any cup tie!. Put a few quid on Crawley for me.

I don't know how old you are, but I'm now in possesion of a travel card and following BCFC all my life has meant that the disappointments greatly outnumber the successes.:facepalm:

Sometimes low expectations help you appreciate other things in life!!!:rolleyes:

As my son said to me other day, he was on his way to work and happened to be following JCR in a brand new Range Rover, who turned into an electric gated mansion with 2 or 3 other cars on the drive way, he has achieved little or nothing for this club and even struggles to get into the squad, why should he give a ****, multiply that by 30 you might find your answer.

As my son said to me other day, he was on his way to work and happened to be following JCR in a brand new Range Rover, who turned into an electric gated mansion with 2 or 3 other cars on the drive way, he has achieved little or nothing for this club and even struggles to get into the squad, why should he give a ****, multiply that by 30 you might find your answer.

Last month he was a important player since signed according to you, now he's achieved nothing......

Anyone would think you just make up points to suit you arguement

Last month he was a important player since signed according to you, now he's achieved nothing......

Anyone would think you just make up points to suit you arguement

I think you are mixing me up with somebody else Donnie, I have always considered JCR not good enough, but when you do find this yet another figment of your imagination you'll show the rest of the forum.

PS:-the person you are looking for in this regard is Robbored. He used it in his defence of Millen, as did you with Woolford in your defence of Millen.

I don't know how old you are, but I'm now in possesion of a travel card and following BCFC all my life has meant that the disappointments greatly outnumber the successes.:facepalm:

Sometimes low expectations help you appreciate other things in life!!!:rolleyes:

No. Forget cricket. Keep the faith! One of my worst away days was an evening game when I was on Crewe Alexandra's uncovered cinder terraces behind the goal on a rainy rainy night. City were losing 1-4 with 10 minutes to go and Maynard wasn't born never mind playing. Heroically Terry Cooper pulled on a pair of quite large shorts and put himself on the field of play. It stayed 4-1 which given our position was a victory of sorts. And the hot toddy I drank afterwards was one of those special other things in life.

No. Forget cricket. Keep the faith! One of my worst away days was an evening game when I was on Crewe Alexandra's uncovered cinder terraces behind the goal on a rainy rainy night. City were losing 1-4 with 10 minutes to go and Maynard wasn't born never mind playing. Heroically Terry Cooper pulled on a pair of quite large shorts and put himself on the field of play. It stayed 4-1 which given our position was a victory of sorts. And the hot toddy I drank afterwards was one of those special other things in life.

I was there as well. I think Tom R scored, but the game was quite early doors in Div 4 and it was the realization that (not unlike a club not a million miles away) we weren't going to skate this league, and sure enough we didn't, and it got a darn sight worse, 7-1 at Northampton for one!

Because we are Bristol City, that is the way we roll!

Well to be fair I was at Coventry (Highfield Rd) all those years ago when we managed a 2-2 draw to stay in the old 1st Div, and that helped to keep the faith back then.

At full time it was an "on the pitch" moment for me and my family members who were there. Never since to be repeated at an away ground!

Things could be a lot worse, just look at the blue few!!

add also, the fact that whenever I travel away on Boxing day games, we always seem to lose.

Archived