IGNORED

Someone Who Went Today

slartibartfast

Plus we have been winning or drawing with 4-5-1 generally, its only switching to 4-4-2 that is causing us to lose, see 3 out of the last 4

This is the point I was going to make. Although he changed the way he implemented 4-4-2 today. Instead of Cisse off he took Kilkenny, which for me is the right way to change it to a 4-4-2. A midfield four of Adomah, Cisse, Elliott, Pearson, doesn't look horrible to me, but when you play them in front of a defense like we have, it just can't work.

It's concerning it keep happening an hopefully Del sees that. We've thrown away points, because of his Naivety/Impatience/Poor decisions delete as applicable. Draws can HELP keep us up, I think it's three points now he's thrown away, and that would put us three points clear of the drop. If you're not winning. put more strikers on. That's the answer you have Del?

Del needs to magic up this cutting edge in the transfer window, and he also needs to sort out the defense. And teams who don't score enough and concede too much go down. I'm being hard on him and picky, when there's not much he can do. When you put the best team out in multiple formations, and nothing works, he's panicking, and changing things, when the reality is, we're not good enough, and there's not much you can do except scrape the points when they come along.

This might be the crucial mistake, we appointed a manager with no experience of things going wrong. We said it was great we picked a manager with no baggage, who was on the up. But we're in a relegation fight, and we've got a guy in charge who's new to that, and new to the league.

Questions best put to the last two managers (Millen and McInnes)...Dont you think!! The 'People' who think we should stick to that formation are picking the bloody team for Christs sake!!! Or Does McInnes have no clue as well?

451 is what we have got due to our failings all over the field according to both of them!

Its easy to make glib best form of defence statements when we clearly are unable to stop shipping goals no matter what we do. All McInnes is trying to do (obviuosly) is nurse this rubbish to the transfer window without being completely cut loose at the bottom...

We need to put the entire house in order, players who can play and tackle in the midfield along with cover for Fontaine and probably a goalkeeper seems pretty clear to me, listening to McInnes and looking at all the hangers on at training I am pretty confident thats the main aim right now...

My Gut tells me that he will play Pitman regardless at Southampton as at least the guy wants to play...Anywhere if necessary.

As I've said to you before Ralph, we've (the fans) have seen Pitman a lot more than McInnes has because we've actually seen him start some games. We know he can often make something out of seemingly nothing.

When we're on a losing streak I think the fans are entirely justified in questioning the manager's judgement.

1324943947' post=1482443']

This is the point I was going to make. Although he changed the way he implemented 4-4-2 today. Instead of Cisse off he took Kilkenny, which for me is the right way to change it to a 4-4-2. A midfield four of Adomah, Cisse, Elliott, Pearson, doesn't look horrible to me, but when you play them in front of a defense like we have, it just can't work.

It's concerning it keep happening an hopefully Del sees that. We've thrown away points, because of his Naivety/Impatience/Poor decisions delete as applicable. Draws can HELP keep us up, I think it's three points now he's thrown away, and that would put us three points clear of the drop. If you're not winning. put more strikers on. That's the answer you have Del?

Del needs to magic up this cutting edge in the transfer window, and he also needs to sort out the defense. And teams who don't score enough and concede too much go down. I'm being hard on him and picky, when there's not much he can do. When you put the best team out in multiple formations, and nothing works, he's panicking, and changing things, when the reality is, we're not good enough, and there's not much you can do except scrape the points when they come along.

This might be the crucial mistake, we appointed a manager with no experience of things going wrong. We said it was great we picked a manager with no baggage, who was on the up. But we're in a relegation fight, and we've got a guy in charge who's new to that, and new to the league.

Bloody hell ....cheer up, faith in Del, he will sort it out, just give him time and a transfer window.

As I've said to you before Ralph, we've (the fans) have seen Pitman a lot more than McInnes has because we've actually seen him start some games. We know he can often make something out of seemingly nothing.

McInnes sees him on a daily basis, and is paid to analyse him. That'll do me.

Bloody hell ....cheer up, faith in Del, he will sort it out, just give him time and a transfer window.

And that's what faith is, belief without proof. He's done nothing so far that makes me believe in him here. I'm desperately waiting on the transfer window to see what he can do.

We have six points less than we did last year. We're in serious trouble, we need more than faith to get us through.

When we're on a losing streak I think the fans are entirely justified in questioning the manager's judgement.

Ralph? Care to explain?

Are we talking about 442 v 451 as your original post or Maynard V Pitman?

However I'll do my best!!

The supporters are more than justified to ask questions of the managers judgement particularly now, however the answer is the same one Millen gave, who saw Pitman plenty of times and that is Maynard is best player in a one up front. Lets face it he (McInness) sees him (Pitman) everyday and he still thinks Maynard is a better option.

We play one up front because we are weak in most areas and as such McInnes is trying to nurse us to the transfer window while limiting the damage...I said in my last post I expect Pitman against Southampton, mainly as I think a deal will be all but done by Friday and Pitman will have extra incentive as its near to home.

Expect 451 or a right hammering at Southampton...also expect replacements/competition for James Elliot Nyatanga and a new captain...Soon!

The supporters are more than justified to ask questions of the managers judgement particularly now, however the answer is the same one Millen gave, who saw Pitman plenty of times and that is Maynard is best player in a one up front. Lets face it he (McInness) sees him (Pitman) everyday and he still thinks Maynard is a better option.

Let's never use Keith Millen's judgement as a barometer for anything.

Ralph? Care to explain?

Are we talking about 442 v 451 as your original post or Maynard V Pitman?

However I'll do my best!!

We play one up front because we are weak in most areas and as such McInnes is trying to nurse us to the transfer window while limiting the damage...I said in my last post I expect Pitman against Southampton, mainly as I think a deal will be all but done by Friday and Pitman will have extra incentive as its near to home.

Expect 451 or a right hammering at Southampton...also expect replacements/competition for James Elliot Nyatanga and a new captain...Soon!

If you have to rely on the answer "well that's what Millen did" to support your hypothisis then you're really in trouble ....

If you have to rely on the answer "well that's what Millen did" to support your hypothisis then you're really in trouble ....

That is the point >

Both managers are saying the same thing its not my Hypothisis its Millens and McInnes'............I'm not picking the godam team!!

How many posts have I wasted here?

Please get the last word in though if you like. Numpty!

We were appalling. Two shit sides who on that showing both deserve to go down! For the first 20 minutes we had all the ball but failed to really test them and allowed them to grow into the game, which we then repeated in the second half! there was very little quality on show today from either side and it was a truly awful game, When Stead and Pitman came on we looked a little more lively as a Pitman flick created a chance for Stead and then Adomah. One of these chances should have been taken but neither were and they were the only real chances we created all game.

Yet again Albert isn't amazing and so we have nothing, I'm not having a go at him but when he inevitably has a poor spell (he's not Messi after all!) no one else can step up and make the difference. It's surely time to go with two up top although with Southampton away Friday I can't see that happening until Millwall at the earliest. I wouldn't be surprised if Stead lead the line in that game, McInnes seems to be looking for a physical presence up front and Maynard was pointless yet again today,

I'm glad you posted it! Saves me typing it all out.

Well said, 100% agree

Coventry were a rubbish side - yet they beat us.

We passed the ball around a lot without getting anywhere. No penetration. Maynard wasn't offering anything (no surprise there).

Only Albert came away with credit.

Not in my opinion. Not one of his better games by any stretch.

He only became interested in the last 20 minutes when we went behind. I genuinely thought he was injured for most of the game and then he suddenly began to run past his marker - much to my surprise.

That is the point >

Both managers are saying the same thing its not my Hypothisis its Millens and McInnes'............I'm not picking the godam team!!

How many posts have I wasted here?

Please get the last word in though if you like. Numpty!

OK, I will. If you have to call someone who disagrees with you a numpty then that makes you the numpty.

And if you don't think there is any point in ever disagreeing with whoever is the current manager and his assessment of the side then why do you even come onto a football forum? Why not set up your own "I Want To Bum Derek McInnes" site.

Football is about opinions as the cliche goes and when we are on a consistent losing run, as we have been under Millen and now McInnes, then we are entitled to say "I'm not sure they are making the wisest decisions".

Got that? Humpty Numpty.

Not in my opinion. Not one of his better games by any stretch.

He only became interested in the last 20 minutes when we went behind. I genuinely thought he was injured for most of the game and then he suddenly began to run past his marker - much to my surprise.

This!! I too thought he was injured from the heavy tackle in the first half, then suddenly came back to life in the last 15, very odd!

I was also baffled at Kilkenny being asked to play on the left side of the 5 in midfield, I'm sure this is why he played with his head up is backside, and inevietably subbed, odd tactics to say the least?? Surely if Elliott and Cisse are in the team, Kilkenny has to play smack bang in the middle and advanced pulling strings, sticking him out left with pearson in the middle seemed nuts to me.

I think that affected the whole team yesterday, as kilkenny on his day will make the whole side tick, and is a leader, he was sulking on the left yesterday.

Wold loved to have heard the thinking behind that one before the game yesterday!!

Worrying times.

Disagree completly knee jerk reaction ,i thought we did deserve to win and they were very lucky to have sneaked the goal

How could be analysis of a match be considered knee-jerk? I haven't exactly demanded McInnes head on a stake!

Maynard is pulling on the red shirt and giving a lot more than a few other players did today. At a time when we desperately need points on a game by game basis, that's all that matters. 'Pitman for Maynard', 'Super Brett' - a slur on McInnes' management and team choice as much as anything.

Or perhaps support of a young, hungry player who not only wants to play for this club but is arguably better than the fella who is playing up top and doesn't want to be here?

Or perhaps support of a young, hungry player who not only wants to play for this club but is arguably better than the fella who is playing up top and doesn't want to be here?

Sure, support him. Not as a snide shot at someone on the pitch. Whether he's better is indeed arguable, and something that many (and most importantly, McInnes) don't agree with.

Sure, support him. Not as a snide shot at someone on the pitch. Whether he's better is indeed arguable, and something that many (and most importantly, McInnes) don't agree with.

McInnes has never said he thinks Maynard is better than Pitman, he has said he is the best option for one up top. As fans calling for Pitman in that manner is what happens, it's hardly disrespectful and McInnes won't be losing any sleep over it.

McInnes has never said he thinks Maynard is better than Pitman, he has said he is the best option for one up top. As fans calling for Pitman in that manner is what happens, it's hardly disrespectful and McInnes won't be losing any sleep over it.

Apparently, Phil, this forum is for posting your complete agreement with everything DMcI does. Anything else is 'disrespectful'. facepalm.gif

It was typical Championship Football played out by two mediocre teams. If we had taken our chances we would have come away with three points. Our defensive Frailties came to the fore again Im afraid...

And perhaps a bit too much fizzy pop and turkey for some...:yes:

Ive been to watch Swindon a couple of times in recent weeks and although they lost yesterday they are a very, very fit team..Di-Canio has got them fitter than a butchers dog which they maintain for 90 minutes... Some of our lot looked far from peak fitness and I wonder if the Training is as hard as it should be.

They may as well be anti mcinnes chants, after all, people booing maynard are questioning mcinnes inclusion of him.

I think that is rubbish mate. posts on here questioining maynard being in the side dont equal being anti McCinnes!! Chants against a player are not spiteful abuse of the manager from the stands either.

Archived