IGNORED

Anti Maynard Chants

Cardy

I'm interested to know if there was much bad feeling towards NM today. I didn't go but a few people have mentioned chanting and booing - how bad was it?

If he doesn't score the winner at Southampton I can't see the Ashton faithful welcoming 'home' against Millwall.....

He was heavily booed when he was subbed, and during the game sections of the crowd were chanting "we want pitman" and other related things.

All perfectly valid, in my opinion.

Let's be honest, if your wife announces that she no longer wants to be with you, you make life difficult and uncomfortable for her, in order to make yourself feel better.

Yep!!

Bless your heart Sir! That was the most genuine statement I have ever read on here...!

Bloody funny as well! I hope your pension's intact and the other bloke (if such a person exists) is suffering now!

Have a great New Year...I will be looking at your posts in a completely different light from now on

:clapping:

Maynard was feeding off scraps all match and the reaction of the City fans to him was pathetic. He wants to leave when his current contract is up to better himself and there is no crime in that (although I don't think he is as good as he thinks he is).

He was not the reason City lost against a very poor Coventry side. Despite the stats (27 attempts on target I believe), we were sub-standard today, the defence missed Fontaine horribly and Skuse had an appalling game. The team was too pedestrian moving forward and Adomah was ineffective after being clattered in the first half.

It is going to be a struggle until May whether Maynard stays or not but the best think we supporters can do is at least get behind anyone who plays in the shirt.

Maynard was feeding off scraps all match and the reaction of the City fans to him was pathetic. He wants to leave when his current contract is up to better himself and there is no crime in that (although I don't think he is as good as he thinks he is).

He was not the reason City lost against a very poor Coventry side. Despite the stats (27 attempts on target I believe), we were sub-standard today, the defence missed Fontaine horribly and Skuse had an appalling game. The team was too pedestrian moving forward and Adomah was ineffective after being clattered in the first half.

It is going to be a struggle until May whether Maynard stays or not but the best think we supporters can do is at least get behind anyone who plays in the shirt.

It's pathetic the fans put their club before Nicky Maynards own ambitions?

For me this whole sucking up is a new depth the club has fallen to, one player has been allowed to string the club along for 8 months, now he doesn't want to stay. oh how convenient 2 weeks before the window opens.

There were 10 other players on the pitch and players on the bench who want to stay at the club, I find the whole sucking up to Nicky Maynard by the club, frankly, quite sick making. He's not the future of the club and on current form not even doing the business now. The club should be looking after it's future, not have this fascination of bending over backwards giving one player 8 months to decide he now doesn't want to be here. The fans pay their money, they have every right to do what they wish, they paid for him to sit on his arse for 9 months when his injury wasn't due to playing football.

It's pathetic the fans put their club before Nicky Maynards own ambitions?

For me this whole sucking up is a new depth the club has fallen to, one player has been allowed to string the club along for 8 months, now he doesn't want to stay. oh how convenient 2 weeks before the window opens.

There were 10 other players on the pitch and players on the bench who want to stay at the club, I find the whole sucking up to Nicky Maynard by the club, frankly, quite sick making. He's not the future of the club and on current form not even doing the business now. The club should be looking after it's future, not have this fascination of bending over backwards giving one player 8 months to decide he now doesn't want to be here. The fans pay their money, they have every right to do what they wish, they paid for him to sit on his arse for 9 months when his injury wasn't due to playing football.

Agree with all that, Screech, but surely club now needs to put NM in the "shop window", to get the best possible fee for him? It's now up to the lad to convince potential buyers that he's worth their dosh...

Agree with all that, Screech, but surely club now needs to put NM in the "shop window", to get the best possible fee for him? It's now up to the lad to convince potential buyers that he's worth their dosh...

You're right, Maynard needed to pull out a Dave Cotterell performance in front of the watching scouts, he hasn't done that on enough occasions. Unfortunately for him, us, it seems he is on another one of his lean spells he goes through. Is his heart in it, is he trying too hard, is the formation wrong, is the right option to continue with him in the hope he gets it back, is he the same player he was pre injury. Can we afford to sit back and hope he gets it back no matter how long it takes, we need points desperately, for me Maynard is not worth a place on current form and we may be destroying a potential replacements confidence and desire to play for this club once Maynard is gone.

Bless your heart Sir! That was the most genuine statement I have ever read on here...!

Bloody funny as well! I hope your pension's intact and the other bloke (if such a person exists) is suffering now!

Have a great New Year...I will be looking at your posts in a completely different light from now on

:clapping:

+1

Totally pointless for me. Doesn't help anyone but the main thing is the fans got their way and we ended up losing control of the game.

Care to elaborate? You talk some shite. From what I could see, coventrys best spell of the game was quite obviously and clearly the 10-15 minutes BEFORE we changed things around, we had already lost control of the game.

You are twisting things and the using fact that they got a goal from stupid free kick and a poorly defended one to support your opinion. Its not the fans fault, not the managers fault and not the fault of the formation.

He hasnt asked for a transfer, he just doesn't want to sign a new one. He has fulfilled his duty to you lot. Logically, why would he want to stay with a club flirting with relegation from the Championship, when he could sign a lucrative contract with a Premier League team?

Its still his right to turn down any transfer in January and leave for free in the summer, pocketing a hefty some. Be grateful your getting a fee for him. BCFC turned down bids in the summer, not NM.

Personally, I think anyone saying that he shouldn't be played given the situation is foolish. You might regret that if you go down by a point or two at the end of the season.

He hasnt asked for a transfer, he just doesn't want to sign a new one. He has fulfilled his duty to you lot. Logically, why would he want to stay with a club flirting with relegation from the Championship, when he could sign a lucrative contract with a Premier League team?

Its still his right to turn down any transfer in January and leave for free in the summer, pocketing a hefty some. Be grateful your getting a fee for him. BCFC turned down bids in the summer, not NM.

Personally, I think anyone saying that he shouldn't be played given the situation is foolish. You might regret that if you go down by a point or two at the end of the season.

Why are you here?

• Admin

How many f**king times does it have to be explained, Maynard did not want to talk to / move to Leicester, so City didn't turn down the bid, the player did. You cannot force an in contract player to move against his will. There were no other offers.

I agree with most of what you said apart from this last part. Don't think it's fair to comment unless you are watching regularly?

He is not scoring and offers little else, somebody else deserves a crack - that's why he should not be playing IMO.

Not that Maynard ever controls a game...

I suspect we lost control because Kilkenny went off

Read my response to him Riaz, we had already lost control. Kilkenny looked ****ed by the time he went off, he was a passenger and could not track his runners.

Maynard should never play for us again, this has been the problem all season with our club. Too much focus on keeping Maynard rather than focussing on the whole squad.

God knows what pitman and stead must be thinking and also fontaine where's the commitment to get him signed up.

Maynard do my club a favour and do one so we can move on without your stigma hanging over us.

Maynard should never play for us again, this has been the problem all season with our club. Too much focus on keeping Maynard rather than focussing on the whole squad.

God knows what pitman and stead must be thinking and also fontaine where's the commitment to get him signed up.

Maynard do my club a favour and do one so we can move on without your stigma hanging over us.

I should think Stead would be thinking either "I wish I wasn't injured all the time" or "ah well another injury, but at least I'm getting paid well". Pitman is probably thinking " I'm bloody glad I'm not stuck up front on me tod, they'd all be booing me".

Very good....... but you obviously don't follow Bristol City otherwise you'd know that Johnson plays In midfield as he's not a striker :-)

Didn't you know that Chesterfield taught him a new position?. ;)

Anyway back on topic, we are in real trouble unless Stead can fill the lone striker role or we sign a strong, mobile forward ASAP.

We have to survive in the championship this season and then build a team that has a strong defence, strong midfield, so we can play the 'messiah'.

BCAGFC

Anyway back on topic, we are in real trouble unless Stead can fill the lone striker role or we sign a strong, mobile forward ASAP.

We have to survive in the championship this season and then build a team that has a strong defence, strong midfield, so we can play the 'messiah'.

BCAGFC

yea i knew that bit like a left back ........didnt want him back :clapping:

BCAGFC

Agree its time to change personnel now, I'd go stead pitman up front, play a 5 man midfield with 3 at the back.

Just want to survive but at the moment its looking bleak!!!!

Bottom line, if the rumours that Newcastle bidded £5,000,000 for Maynard plus Leon Best we should have taken it. Millen should have asked Maynard what he wanted and said 'sign or your gone' at the beginning. Now he won't sign and chances are he will go on a free and Lansdown has lost even more money. Clubs won't bid if they know he's out of contract end of the season so he can just accept the best contract then unless he wants even more money in January from his transfer fee + wages. Who knows.

Maynard is not the problem, the system is. If the system made more clear chances, he would put them away better than any other player at the club. 4-5-1 needs support from Killa, Adomah & Pearson, which was at best sparse yesterday. Booing our best striker at a time when we desperately need points is mind numblingly stupid. Anything else doesn't matter right now.

Archived