IGNORED

Anti Maynard Chants

Cardy

Bottom line, if the rumours that Newcastle bidded £5,000,000 for Maynard plus Leon Best we should have taken it. Millen should have asked Maynard what he wanted and said 'sign or your gone' at the beginning. Now he won't sign and chances are he will go on a free and Lansdown has lost even more money. Clubs won't bid if they know he's out of contract end of the season so he can just accept the best contract then unless he wants even more money in January from his transfer fee + wages. Who knows.

I don't think that rumour was true Nicky wouldn't be here if Newcastle came in for him plus Sexstone said that only Leicester made a formal bid in the summer.

Maynard is not the problem, the system is. If the system made more clear chances, he would put them away better than any other player at the club. 4-5-1 needs support from Killa, Adomah & Pearson, which was at best sparse yesterday. Booing our best striker at a time when we desperately need points is mind numblingly stupid. Anything else doesn't matter right now.

Maynard is the problem.

I don't think that rumour was true Nicky wouldn't be here if Newcastle came in for him plus Sexstone said that only Leicester made a formal bid in the summer.

Indeed, when SL was on R Bris a while back he confirmed that there was only one bid for Maynard, I can't recall if he said it was £6m, he may have just said "substantial", but he did say it was right at the close of the transfer window and Maynard did not want to go to Leicester anyway.

was very surprised at the chants yesterday but if that is the feeling of the majority of those who travelled it might be best not to pick at the gate disappointed at how he's strung us along do we think if he stayed anyone would want him at the end of the season he was half hearted yesterday he could have done more which was why i think he got booeeddd when he went off although I have to say when i was at barnsley last season the way he gave his shirt away i thought he would'n be with us this season but who are we too blame millen or is it more maynard's agent the scum of footie at the moment

Maynard should never play for us again, this has been the problem all season with our club. Too much focus on keeping Maynard rather than focussing on the whole squad.

God knows what pitman and stead must be thinking and also fontaine where's the commitment to get him signed up.

Maynard do my club a favour and do one so we can move on without your stigma hanging over us.

You must don't get it, do you? Maynard is the best striker at the club, he tries when he is on the field and the rest of the squad are happy to have him in the team because he offers us the best chance of scoring goals at the moment and with the players available. That is why the manager, who does know something about football, picks him. It is not an emotional decision, it is one based on football sense.

he is PART of the problem

Indeed, Nicky Maynard is just part of the problem. When Maynard was getting quality supply from the likes of Paul Hartley he could score for fun. I just think that Nicky Maynard is the wrong type of forward for the dire league situation the club now finds itself in. We need dogged players like Louis Carey when he was in his prime, Bradley Orr, Dele Adebola and a few prayers from Basso. We've only now got Albert Adomah that's capable of getting forward dangerously from midfield - all the opposition need to do now is stop him and they stop our whole side.

Agree with all that, Screech, but surely club now needs to put NM in the "shop window", to get the best possible fee for him? It's now up to the lad to convince potential buyers that he's worth their dosh...

What, just like we had to play him so he would sign a contract?

Any Abuse of maynard is simply pathetic and just sums on modern day mentality of some football fans.

He signed a contract, he's played to his contract, declined the offer of a new and the club have put him up for sale.

It's really that simple.

Any Abuse of maynard is simply pathetic and just sums on modern day mentality of some football fans.

He signed a contract, he's played to his contract, declined the offer of a new and the club have put him up for sale.

It's really that simple.

Is it though? suddenly it's become all about money.

Is it though? suddenly it's become all about money.

What do you think about Adomah not signing a new contract with with barnet. They only got money because he was under 24! he is not being hated, but he has the mentality to be able to do it to us if going by history.

This is life in football, no need for people to get so angry about the Maynard situation, life is too short and teams move on.

Archived